See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 April 2009

See attached photos. Even though the location appears good, you don't want to stay here. This was a filthy, well-worn motel with massive visible stains on the carpet and most pieces of furniture. The bathroom wallpaper was peeling and carpet was frayed. We have stayed in other Econo lodges and they have been palaces, compared to this place. We didn't want to touch anything in the room (slept fully clothed hovering on the bed, no pillows nor sheets), and barely wanted our dogs to touch anything. We sincerely regretted making reservations at this place and didn't want to even LOOK at the pool. The free breakfast in the morning was decent, but we left as soon as we could.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank LN7
Reviewed 18 August 2008

I know it is a budget hotel. We have stayed at many budget hotels. This by far is the worst one. The rooms were depressing and dirty. The decor was old, The wallpaper was peeling. It was very difficult to spend time in the room. Our friends stayed in a smoking room, as they always do. The smell coming from that room was more than just smoke. It had an odor which we could not identify. We were quite worried about our stay at another Econ Lodge(Pueblo Colorado) and we almost cancelled. But when we arrived in Pueblo, we were relieved to find the standards 100 times better than the hotel in Santa Fe. This Econo Lodge needs a lot of improving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank mcbabci
Reviewed 27 January 2008

First off, keep in mind that this is a BUDGET HOTEL. Don't be like so many other reviewers and review these budget hotels from a luxury hotel perspective.

We were reasonably happy with the accomodations: Decent bed, clean, good TV reception, pool, hottub. We had trouble getting good wireless internet reception in our room. The main problem we had is that there were two large groups of jr. and high school kids staying there on the night we did. Had we known this (we booked online...lesson learned: will call next time), we would never have stayed here. They were LOUD...their parents/guardians/teachers evidently never taught them basic travel manners: when you are a guest ANYWHERE, you don't run down the hallways, let the doors slam, talk loudly, pound on doors, etc.

We didn't try the standard budget breakfast (waffles, cereal) because it was overrun with the kids for about 2 hours, so we gave up and went to the Pantry Restaurant 2.75 mi. up Cerrillos Rd, and were VERY glad we did.

So, lesson learned: Budget people stay in budget hotels. Budget people are often loud and obnoxious. Call and make sure no groups will be staying at any budget hotels under consideration.

Stayed: January 2008
2  Thank PickyTravelGuy
Reviewed 26 November 2007

We brought a group of students to experience the culture of Santa Fe, NM. Our stay was almost acceptable. Our problems began after we checked out. It started when I called about some clothes one of the students left behind. I provided an address in which the clothes were to be returned as well as a contact phone number. The manager was suppose to call me, but guess what -- he couldn't be bothered. I called back 3 times giving the same information and again was told the manager would return our calls. Almost a week after we left, 3 charges appeared on our credit card. When I called to find out what the charges were for & to see when the clothes were shipped, I was told the clothes were still there & no one knew what the charges were for. I was also told the employees of the hotel didn't know who the clothes belonged to. I then called Choice Hotels to file a complaint. What a joke that was!!!!! I was put off & told to wait for the manager of Econo Lodge in Santa Fe, NM, to decide whether or not to repond. At this time, a week later, we still do not have the clothes, no explanations for the credit card charges, & no call from the manager.

• Stayed: November 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank NotHappyTraveler
Reviewed 8 October 2007

We stopped here for two days here during a seven day motorcycle trip. I had located this place on the internet and stayed here because of the price and the breakfast. The room was clean and we had no problems during our stay. These beds were the most comfortable of our trip. The staff was very nice and helped us with directions around town and suggested a few sites to check out. The breakfast included hot eggs, sausage, biscuits, and a waffle maker. Another plus to this place was that it is directly across from the Harley Davidson Dealership. Neither my wife nor I speak Spanish and had no trouble understanding anyone here as others have had in there reviews. I would recommend this place to anyone one looking for a good, clean and affordable place to stay.

Stayed: October 2007