See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 October 2017

I try for those $ or $$ properties that like cats. I have found that the pets may be welcome but the CLEANING fee often is more than the cost of a room. So I was feeling money issues and found the lowest price with free wifi and pets. NORMALLY I know what I am getting and specific predicable amenities bring me to Motel 6., but ....

I had read the reviews and found them stunning! I was watching and the photos look luxurious, so I called and found they had finally upgraded all of the rooms to the new "modern" style, but that the hall carpeting was in process and it had halls, not outside doors. It is hard to unload the cat and pen down a hall so I asked for one near the door... oh and it is a two story and I needed ground floor.

They gave me a room that I arrived at 6 without an extra deposit and it was RIGHT next to the back door (better than lobby) and I parked my car out the window. PERFECT....

But I found the back door which had a box you looked like you slid a card in, never needed the card (it had obviously been jimmied a few times). The deadbolt latch would not turn on the door so I pulled the hand latch and thought I would be able to get a needed early evening at 10....

This place gives new meaning to "Paper thin". The gang upstairs seriously tromped, and they sounded heavy, well past 11, and although the door on my end seemed remote, I realized that half the guests paraded by all night long.... and the doors, less the walls, as every SINGLE time one opened or closed in the hall... heard them. My cat stood guard staring at the sound all night.

I got up this morning for coffee (and a good hike, as my room 156 was sequentially that far from the lobby down a path that wandered like a mystery house!) and a woman was describing the marching band above her room to a clerk I almost asked how many people a morning does he have to hear say the same thing!

The walls were buckling under the recent white paint (someone else posted a photo) and the finished hall had some of the steps beginning to unglue.

With Motel 6 it is always an adventure, but they are not expensive. The wifi worked on all of my devices, the tv had channels I watched and it was a huge room. I think it was that a two bed king was converted to a single. With only one chair at the small table. No discount for having a bed for the cat, but he seemed more interested in waiting for the mystery guests who walked by but never came in!

Room Tip: UNLESS YOU NEED to be on the ground, get an upstairs room, so the elephants don't pound all night.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank iamdjstar
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Santa Fe Central, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Guest, thank you for sharing your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are saddened your stay was unsatisfactory due to the neighbors above. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Our standards for quality rest on the promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason, we apologize for the dissatisfaction you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Best Regards,
Customer Care Team

Reviewed 18 August 2017

It's a miracle the Health Department hasn't shut this place down. Our room had no air conditioning, which is no joke in Santa Fe in July! We tried to open a window at least, but the platform outside the room stank of urine and cigarettes. Liquor bottles everywhere, too. We just couldn't stand more than two minutes of the stench, and so we had to suffer though the heat all night. The desk told us the air conditioner was new, but that machine hasn't been new since 1980. No wonder it didn't work. The rest of the hotel is falling apart. The fridge in our room was also broken. The rooms have no furniture beyond beds. The advertised breakfast doesn't exist. We asked why they continue to advertise all these non-existent features of the hotel, and were only told “ We know what it says online. But we don't have any of that. “ What really kills me is that there are at least five other much-nicer motels in the same area, which were all the same price as this one.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Anastasia W
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Santa Fe Central, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Dear Anastasia, thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent stay with us. We are disappointed if one of our guests leaves with less than first rate experience. Our aim is to provide a clean, comfortable and affordable place to stay. We are disappointed to read that we dropped the ball in many areas, especially with AC. Our staff is very attentive, professional and attentive, so it is strange that they were not proactive in attending to this right away. We will also be bringing this review to our staff's attention. Please do let us know if there is anything else we can do specifically to make your next stay better. Thanks again for your feedback. Best Regards, Customer Care Team

Reviewed 6 August 2017

This could be a MUCH better Motel 6 with a few changes: 1. Put the tables in the room already to go with the renovation; 2. slightly better cleaning; 3. new hallway carpet. It's an interesting building and the location is good for the price. With the right management things would be GREAT at this place. Oh, when I got there the mattress had no mattress pad on it and there was no blanket - just the thin sheet and thin comforter. I went downstairs and got both and remade the bed myself. I'm not picky but come on, people. WiFi is decent.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Santa Fe Central, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Dear Danielle, we are very sorry to hear that our hotel was not able to meet your expectations. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it.

Best Regards,
Customer Care Team

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Traveling alone, I go to the cheapest motels I can find and so far most of them have been pretty decent. This Motel 6 changed my mind and I'd sooner sleep in my car than patronize them again. Although the rooms are non-smoking rooms, the stench of cigarettes in the hallway made me want to puke up my guts. I held my breath until I got to my room. I decided to try their hot tub spa and found that it was not hot, only about 80 degrees, the bubbler and jets were not working and it looked like the water had been sitting stagnant for days. I asked the clerk and he said he would get a maintenance man tomorrow. Wonderful, I only planned on staying the night! Although there was a mini-fridge in the room, the freezer part was so frozen I could only fit one cold pack into it. Obviously no one here cares about anything so KEEP AWAY!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Bruce M
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Santa Fe Central, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear Bruce, Thank you for posting your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the maintenance conditions you experienced are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

We booked this hotel on Hotwire and from the pictures we could tell it wasn't the most updated Motel 6 but we really wanted a cheap hotel with an indoor pool for one night. In that sense, it delivered. The rooms were clean and semi updated but it looks as if the hotel is in the middle of a renovation. Some things very clearly show their age. The hallways are a bit distressed with poor carpet and there's water damage to the pool ceiling. We didn't have high expectations but the room floors are new hardwood laminate and the beds were decent. This hasn't been my favorite place to stay but I would stay again in a pinch - and hopefully the renovation is done.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple