“Disappointing experience...”

Nidah Spa At Eldorado Hotel
Ranked #2 of 44 Spas & Wellness in Santa Fe
More attraction details
Owner description: Authentic, Time Honored Traditions Make Nidah One of the Best Santa Fe Spas. In America's most unique city, discover a mystical Santa Fe Day Spa that lives up to its name. Nidah is the Native American word for your life, and Nidah enriches your life with a journey that changes every time you explore it. Celebrate the spa journey of your life at Nidah.
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Although the spa is beautiful and nicely located in the Eldorado Hotel, I was not wowed with my experience. As a previous reviewer had mentioned, it was VERY overpriced. I am from the Northeast where things tend to be overpriced, but I found the spa to not be reasonable. However, being on a cross country roadtrip, I also felt as though I needed some TLC. I opted for a package ("Spa Sampler") with a facial, massage, mani, and hair blowout. The massage was with Jeannie and it was ok, but I have had much better. Kathleen did the facial/mani and she was great. Very personable and a pleasure to be with. However, she asked if I wanted to have my brows/lip waxed during the facial without offering the prices. I agreed... only to realize after how outrageously expensive that was! I did not appreciate that surprise. Francesca did the hair blowout and she was nice, but her work was below average. If I were to go back to this spa, I would stick with doing just the manicure. I did not feel as though the other services were worth the price.

1  Thank KarpediemTraveler
"great massage"
in 4 reviews
"left me feeling"
in 2 reviews
"while visiting santa fe"
in 13 reviews
in 8 reviews
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 30 December 2012

Phenomenal Vichy lavender salt scrub, honey chili wrap, and immune boosting Swedish massage. Had a problem with another service, and they immediately offered to not charge me for that at all and offered their apologies. Perfect response.

1  Thank eperk
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Would give this Spa about 3.5 stars.

The Couples Massage was good. We'd never tried it before and our two massage therapists were very fun and chatty. I'm sure you could have a massage with more seriousness, but it worked for us.

Note: Their spa facility is not large and the soaking & sauna are on different floors, which is a bit odd, but they provide robes. There was a nice steam room in the changing room area and that was a good way to get relaxed for the massage. They do have a "relaxation room" which was just OK. While they had infused water, snacks & magazines, the chairs were a bit stiff (more like a Dr's office) and lounging wasn't a real option.

All in all, it was a nice treat and by staying at the hotel it was also very convenient.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

I live in Santa Fe and I like spas, so I decided to try Nidah. I knew right away that it would be overpriced, because it's in a hotel. All hotel spas are, as a general rule, more expensive than their independent counterparts. So I took one star off for the pricing. Other than that, the entire experience was amazing! It exceeded my expectations and then some. The atmosphere so serene it feels like time has stopped. There are no windows in the spa as far as I can tell, but Nidah has turned this into a positive. Without natural light, the spa has been able to create a dim, almost candlelit aura that lends itself to a certain relaxing solemnity. I'd call it Zen. You can almost hear soft whispers in your ear telling you to breathe deeply and center yourself.
Many spas, like the one at La Posada Resort and Spa in Santa Fe, have bright lighting, which basically assaults you and gives you a headache-- lights like that make you feel like you are having a supermarket experience, not a luxurious and relaxing one. The opposite is true at Nidah.
I also loved Nidah's locker room amenities. I've been to more expensive spas that don't have amenities that are this nice. The robes are great-- not too heavy, not too light and the slippers are perfectly comfortable and not cheapies, like in other places. And after your treatment you have every amenity needed to face the world without fearing you look like a slob. The locker room has hair ties and things for your hair, disposable toothbrushes, razors, great moisturizer, shower caps, etc. I think there's even dental floss-- It's that complete. Considering that you don't go into a spa all dolled up, most spas should have a back exit (joking), because when you leave, it looks like you've been working out or something. Not so at Nidah. I can pack light and leave from there to run errands.
Also, I can't forget to mention the absolutely AMAZING staff. They are so friendly and will go out of their way to accommodate any request. They don't push products on you and seem like they genuinely like their jobs.
Additionally, if you are a local, don't waste money on a parking meter. Spa guests get complimentary valet parking at the hotel. Just drive up to the main entrance.

1  Thank SheSleptHere
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Got a massage and facial today at the Nidah Spa in Santa Fe at Hotel Eldorado. Was a bit hesitant since it seemed just too convenient---right in our hotel. I've also been to Ten Thousand Waves, but it was a bit too 'spa' for me. The dripping water, bamboo, bronze bell too spa kind of place. The therapists at El Dorado were very very good. I've been to lots of spas all over the southwest and I don't need spa 'experience' just really good technicians and therapists. That said, the spa was very clean and very nice and people were friendly not snobby like my TTW experience. Fees were reasonable. Hotel gave a discount coupon.

2  Thank BMW1200RT