The Madeleine
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewshacienda nicholasivy roomabsolute nirvana spamorning glory roomcookiesblue corn wafflesb bother guestsquiet dead end streetcarolyn leehappy hourwithin walking distancewhere breakfast is servedhomemade granolathe main housewine and cheesecanyon road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 January 2008

My family and I stayed at the Madeleine when we spent Christmas in Santa Fe and had an amazing time due in large part to the hospitality of the Madeleine and Hacienda Nicholas' staff. The meals were excellent, everyone was friendly, and the rooms were clean and beautiful. Also centrally located, this wonderful B&B is the perfect place to stay in Santa Fe!

Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed 27 December 2007

We stayed at the Madeleine for Christmas and were treated like kings/queens/family/friends! (all of the above) The food was fabulous- how about some blue corn waffles or hot cherry cobbler? The ambience was delightful- wine and cheese by the fire, Victorian elegance with a twist of eastern spice. And the cookies? Well, Kevin was quite the baker! Mom's Russian teacakes, grandma's pumpkin bread, and sister's chocolate chip cookies, hot out of the oven! Carolyn runs her B and Bs like someone who genuinely cares about her guests and she and her employees put in the extra touches and graces that make a person want to come back and bathe in that warmth over and over! Namaste!! -Gina

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2007

Like my first stay years ago, it's been a total pleasure coming here. On a short-term reservation, the Madeleine's crew managed to squeeze me in on Thanksgiving, and created a completely relaxing atmosphere. From the beautiful rooms to Kevin's open kitchen, the whole place has been a singularly wellcoming home to me. I'll be back!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 December 2007

My fiancee (now husband) and I, our parents, and most of our wedding party and guests all stayed at The Madeleine and at their brother property, Hacienda Nicholas, in late September of this year. Everyone agreed that staying here made the whole event truly special. The ceremony was at La Posada Resort and Spa, which was fabulous... but I don't think the trip would have been nearly as wonderful had we also stayed there. Not to mention, the room rates are much more reasonable at The Madeleine!

We stayed in the Violet room, which is one of the larger rooms. But, we got to see many of the rooms at both properties as our guests were spread over both. All the rooms we saw were nicely appointed, clean, with comfy beds... I especially like that they try to be "green" by not having little bottles of shampoo or soaps that get partially used and thrown away! I am a freak about being environmentally friendly, so they scored major points here.

All the staff was super welcoming, and made a big deal over the fact that we were here for our wedding. They even put candles and rose petals in our room for when we returned from the ceremony (this was requested by my Maid of Honor, so perhaps not something they automatically do, mind you... but it was a really lovely touch!). Several of my guests used the Spa located at The Madeleine, and said it was great.

The wine and cheese hour each night was so great and the breakfasts were also quite good. The communal areas were very comfortable and the availability of snacks at all hours were the highlight for my hubby-to-be.

Bottom line: We make annual visits to Santa Fe and Taos, and we plan to stay at The Madeleine from now on. Highly highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank lydia242
Reviewed 22 November 2007

Reviewer-Sydney, Australia
22 Nov, 2007
I recently stayed eight nights at the Madeleine Inn and felt at home. Clean, quiet and all the staff were lovely, very helpful. Great breakfast each day and freshly baked cookies daily with lovely organic teas. Easy walking distance to centre of town. When I return to Santa Fe I will be staying here again.

2  Thank 4,488