“Great B&B in Sante Fe” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Madeleine

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Madeleine
Ranked #9 of 36 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Great B&B in Sante Fe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

A beautiful inn with a very warm and welcoming host and staff. Delicious breakfasts. Carolyn and her staff were very helpful with suggestions for our activities. Highly recommend Sante Fe and the Madeleine Inn.

Green Features: We chose the inn based on their environmentally friendly practices. They are clearly committed to them!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at The Madeleine, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for writing to let us know how much you enjoyed the inn, staff and breakfasts, as well as our eco-friendly practices. It is good to know that we were on the mark with providing useful suggestions for activities while you were in Santa Fe, and I hope you had a great day of hiking. It is ideal weather for exploring both in and around the town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

We just got back from Santa Fe and had a nice stay at the Madeleine Inn. The Forsythia was the room we liked the best. Nice gas fireplace and lots of room to stretch out. The staff was very nice and we had super nice breakfasts and happy hours in the evening. The B & B is located in a very convenient location to the city and an easy walk to most of the things we wanted to do. We really enjoyed our stay here. Enjoy!

Room Tip: We liked the larger cottage rooms.
Green Features: Wow, everything is green here. They are all about re-cycling. I like it.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at The Madeleine, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you very much for writing such a glowing review of your stay at The Madeleine. I too love the Forsythia and the Violet Rooms for their size, fireplaces and total privacy. We are lucky to be just a few blocks from the Plaza and Canyon Road, so guests are able to walk most everywhere in the downtown area. Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed the food service and staff. We hope to see you again.
Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Carolyn took great care of us again. A couple of lights were not working in the room (we arrived late). After a call Carolyn was there in minutes to get thing squared away. She also gave us recommendations and directions to several restaurants for a late dinner (all within walking distance). Carolyn keeps lots of goodies around the inn, and our munchies were satisfied every time we returned from a hike. It was a lovely two day stay for us in Santa Fe, and we highly recommend the Madeleine Inn!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rick S
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at The Madeleine, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you very much for choosing to come back and stay at The Madeleine Inn: we are thrilled that 1/3 of our guests are repeat guests. I am sorry there was an issue with the bedside table lamps, but glad the problem was so easily rectified. As you saw, Santa Fe tends to shut down on the early side, but we do have some restaurants which are open later to accommodate later dining. Glad you liked our selection of munchies too! Hope to see you before long for yet another trip to Santa Fe.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Had a wonderful time staying at the Madeleine Inn. The room was perfect and the location could not be beat. The breakfasts are always a treat. I particularly like the location. It is an easy walk to the plaza and all shops and restaurants. I will be back as soon as I can.

Tom

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at The Madeleine, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Dear Tom,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a terrific review of your stay at The Madeleine. We are delighted that you so enjoyed your room, the breakfasts, and our location in historic downtown Santa Fe. It is really great to be able to walk so easily to the Plaza and Canyon Road while also being in such a quiet garden setting.

We shall look forward to your return visit.
All the best,
Carolyn
Chappaqua
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Planning a trip to Santa Fe? Don't walk, RUN to your computer/telephone to secure a reservation!
To simply say that The Madeleine is a superb, unique B & B experience, is truly a monument to understatement. It defies anyone to come up with any detail, comfort, pleasure that Carolyn and her wonderful staff haven't thought of. Their warm, welcoming, friendly nature is only exceeded by their devotion to going beyond the task at hand, regardless of the norm, to insure the satisfaction of every guest. The bonuses of it being in walking distance to the Plaza Center, after you have enjoyed a fireside breakfast that can't be beat, highlighted by a spa experience to die for, will keep you returning. If you are lucky enough to have the opportunity to stay at The Madeleine, seize it! (ooops, almost forgot; afternoon vino, snacks, fruit & home-made cookies)!

Room Tip: The Madeleine is on a dead-end street, quiet as can be. All rooms have either gas or wood fires. All...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at The Madeleine, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Doug,
Thank you for the magnificent review of The Madeleine, which warmed the cockles of my heart as I read it this morning. We are all so very pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and look forward to welcoming you again with open arms. May all your travels bring you great joy. Thank you for choosing to return to The Madeleine. Carolyn
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

I was traveling from the lack of sun and cold weather in Upstate New York, headed towards San Diego to settle for awhile. I was trying to make my cross country road trip as cheap as possible because I am young and will not have money coming in until I find a job in California!

I received a gift certificate from my grandma for Christmas through I Love Inns. Hadn't thought about using it until I was settled in California and had a time in mind to use it. But because I was traveling solo across the country and had stayed in the cheapest of cheap accommodations, I thought I should treat myself to a little luxury in Santa Fe!

I've never been to the south west before so I was hesitant where I should stay, and then I found The Madeliene :) I was immediately drawn in by the images of the property, the description of the location and the names of the rooms!

I stayed in The Geranium Room and felt as if I was royalty and blessed to even be walking through the beautiful Victorian and Asian decor styled house.

Not only is the property beautiful, the staff and guests are AMAZING! Shout out to Carolyn, Diane, Marilee, Serge and Janis!!

Not to mention the spa next to the Inn! It offers only the greatest, widest range of services that can target any aged and gendered guest!

Next time I come to stay I'm bringing more guests so they can have the same marvelous experience that I had :)

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at The Madeleine, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
What a delight it was having you as our guest as you made your way cross country. Thank you for such a favorable review - we are all so pleased that you chose to stay with us, and that you so enjoyed the Geranium Room, the architecture of The Madeleine, the food service and your interactions with all the staff. How wonderful that you were able to treat yourself to a facial at our spa - I will pass along your great feedback to Janis as well as to the rest of the staff. We look forward to your return visit with friends and family, and wish you all the best as you settle in to this new chapter of your life.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

This place is tucked away on a quiet street close to the plaza and so convenient for walking to great restaurants, museums, and shopping. The staff is composed of all friendly folks and the breakfast and treats were delicious. We like the charm of old houses and this one is delightful. We'd definitely stay at The Madeline again.

Green Features: Every hotel, motel, and B&B should adopt the eco-friendly approach of The Madeline.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at The Madeleine, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
We are very gratified to know how much you appreciated your stay at The Madeleine. I too love the charm of old buildings, and this one, built in 1886, makes it one of Santa Fe earliest non-adobe homes. It is good to know you enjoyed the variety of foods offered at breakfast, as well as the warm and friendly staff. May you have a wonderful 2014, and may you be able to get back to Santa Fe once again.