“Yummy!”

Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Description: The Pantry Restaurant has been a Santa Fe landmark since 1948. We offer a unique take on a diner, where the cuisine of Northern New Mexico meets traditional American food. We have been serving quality fresh from scratch comfort food for over sixty years. You will be pleased with our fast and friendly service while enjoying the best chile in Santa Fe. As a family owned business we pride ourselves on serving the freshest and most quality ingredients to all of our guests and we promise to treat you like part of the family.
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Yummy!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We eat here every time we come to Santa Fe. The food is always excellent, and the wait staff a pleasure. We've also gotten hooked on their chocolate-pinion coffee. Great place to start your day!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Mike B
Michael S, Owner at Pantry Restaurant, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Consistency is king over here so I'm happy you've had nothing but great food and coffee, Mike. I really appreciate you taking the time to spread the good word about us here on TripAdvisor, and I hope we'll see you the next time you're in Santa Fe!

Thanks for your kind words,

Brownsville, Texas
“Breakfast anyone!!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

After a short wait, we were treated to a down home breakfast experience. The "Huevos Rancheros", a traditional Mexican breakfast for generations, were superb! The red chili salsa was exquisite; one can taste every delicious ingredient as it dissolves in your palate for a rich yet mild flavor. An absolute must for breakfast connoisseurs! Bon appetite!!

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank LeoDorantes
Michael S, Owner at Pantry Restaurant, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Fast service, delicious Huevos Rancheros, and tasty salsa? I'm thrilled to hear you thought all three were great, and I really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a nice review. Hope it won't be long before we see you again!

Stay well,
Denver, Colorado
“You Can't Go Wrong!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We ate here every day walking over from the El Rey - we've tried breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There's a reason there's always a wait! Great New Mexican home-cooking, huge portions, THE best coffee, and enchilladas to die-for. We always make a stop on our almost-yearly trips to Santa Fe!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank lightnhereyes
Michael S, Owner at Pantry Restaurant, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thanks for making us a stop on your trips to Santa Fe! I'm thrilled to hear everything has always been consistently delicious, and that you're such a fan of everything from our coffee to our enchiladas. Hope we'll see you again next year!

Until then,
Phoenix
“Breakfast a must”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were supposed to go to another breakfast spot that didn't open till 9A, so we opted for the Pantry which was a food blessing. There wasn't a long wait. It has a great diner feel.

The service was right on! We never were lacking in any attention. Coffee cups and water were filled at all times. We were checked on twice during our dinning.

I had the Buenos Dias Breakfast plate which was their house fries covered with half green and red chili. That was topped with two eggs. The flavor was sweet, hot and delicious. I tasted one of my breakfast companions omelette and the others burrito, their food also melted in your mouth. All of our plates were clean at the end of the meal. The only one disappointment was the tortillas were from a package and you only got one with the meal.

I would go back here again for breakfast and again to try lunch and dinner.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Escapefromthedesert
Michael S, Owner at Pantry Restaurant, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
I'm so happy you found us and that you enjoyed your breakfast! It sounds like the Buenos Dias Plate was a real hit and I'm particularly thrilled to hear the chile hit all the right, spicy notes.

Fast, friendly service is incredibly important to us so I'm happy to hear your server was able to deliver, and that everything combined made for a great time. I hope we'll see you again sometime soon for lunch or dinner!

Thanks for the great review,
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“It's pretty good....”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

There are three nearly identical restaurants in Santa Fe (same owner maybe?), The Pantry, Flying Tortilla, and Los Amigos. They all have pretty much the same menu. But The Pantry, being closer to downtown is slightly more expensive, tends to be much louder on the inside, and there is usually a wait to get in. I think you are better off going to Los Amigos, where the chips and salsa are free, you almost never have to wait for a table, and the atmosphere is a lot more relaxing.

• Visited July 2014
Michael S, Owner at Pantry Restaurant, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
I'm disappointed to hear you didn't think our food stood out from other restaurants in the area, Vanessa. We put a lot of love into what we make -- have been for the last 66 years -- and you should be able to taste it. I'm sorry you didn't, and I'd love another opportunity to really wow you and show you what makes us different. Hope you'll give us another chance to really knock your socks off!

Best,