“Great Shop” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #44 of 260 things to do in Santa Fe
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great Shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

This is a delightful small place with a lot of personaility. We love the art, the owner, and the wonderful arty displays of Oaxacan animals! Davis is a fun character with lots of information. We do not want to miss this place ever again when in Santa Fe!

Visited December 2013

Tacoma, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My favorite shopping spot in Santa Fe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

I'm not a huge shopper when I visit Santa Fe, but I never miss a chance to stop in and see what great pieces they've got at this wonderful gallery. It's full of fantastic folk art. I've spent $10, I've spent $500, and each time I leave I'm happy as a clam. My husband is a native to SF and we get lots of questions from friends about the best places to visit in town, Davis Mather Gallery is always on that list. Don't miss it!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank KPD172
Trinidad, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Treat for the senses in Santa Fe!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

When in Santa Fe, we wander the side streets for the best finds. Fun, colorful, whimsical, magical......the Davis Mather Folk Art Gallery is not to be missed! What a joy to be surrounded by such a wonderful display of snakes, rabbits, pigs, Oaxacan items. We felt like kids on Christmas morning. And Davis is delightful! Well versed in the incredible array of goodies in the shop, pleasant, welcoming and made us feel as though we'd known him for years. We'll visit again each time we're in Santa Fe!

Visited November 2013
Colorado
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Too much fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

My wife and I have been coming to Santa Fe for years, and one place we always find time to stop at is Davis Mather Folk Art. It's an incredible place, full of color and fun, and owner Davis Mather is always a joy to talk to. The Oaxacan pieces are bright and beautiful, and the prices make it a perfect place to pick up a fun little work of art without killing your credit card account.

Seriously, you can't say you've truly visited the heart of Santa Fe or Northern New Mexico without a visit to Davis Mather Folk Art. You'll find youself walking out with a big smile on your face!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank MovableBeast
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun art, fun owners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

My friend and I visited Santa Fe this spring and happened upon this gallery while on a walk. The window was alive with brightly colored wooden rabbits; we couldn't pass them up. We were further surrounded by color and animals upon entry: squiggly snakes in all patterns and sizes on the wall, adorable parent-and-child pairings of creatures sitting on shelves, and chickens!

I ended up taking a melon-colored rabbit home; my friend bought snakes. After posting photos online, we made a return trip to pick up a chicken, requested by a friend. Aside from the awesome art—which is high quality and highly regarded by the gallery—the attendants and owners are also lovely. The woman we met told us all about Santa Fe, encouraged a trip to the International Folk Art Museum (which we loved), and told us about trips the owners lead.

I just spoke with the owner today about the trips: his enthusiasm and friendliness were as colorful and abundant as his gallery. Like seeing the art, the chat further provoked curiosity and energy in me. I recommend all of this!

Visited April 2013