“Glad we were able to get a table”
Review of La Boca

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Lincoln
Description: Opened in 2006 by 8 time James Beard Award Nominee, Chef James Campbell Caruso. La Boca has the feel of a lively European wine bar, featuring an extensive selection of carefully chosen Mediterranean and South American wines. Knowledgeable and animated staff graciously guide customers to the perfect wine to complement their meals. La Boca also prides itself on being an ambassador of Spanish sherry culture, transporting its guests to Cadiz in the crisp cool flavors of Fino, or the deep fig-essence of a Pedro Ximenez. Full to capacity almost every night since its opening, La Boca has been a hit with both locals and the world travelers that visit Santa Fe. La Boca has earned numerous awards both local and national, including the Santa Fe Reporter’s “Restaurant of the Year,” and the International Wine and Food Society’s “Award of Excellence.”
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

We arrived in Santa Fe late Thursday evening and were looking for a place to eat. The reviews were good for La Boca so we decided to try it. The restaurant was almost full and busy. We were seated and ordered three tapas selections. They were all wonderful and the wine selection was also great. The restaurant is small but the atmosphere is cozy not tight.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,661)

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

We just left Taberna at La Boca, having thoroughly enjoyed both our dinner and the Spanish guitarist, Jesus Bas. We had been to the main restaurant at La Boca and have always enjoyed the food and service, but we had never been to Taberna. It was great! We will be back and take friends there. It was so fun and entertaining. And the music was fabulous. How could we have missed this in all our years visiting Santa Fe?

Reviewed 19 October 2017

We visited La Boca for lunch and it was perfect! My mom and I ordered 3 tapas plates and it was a good amount for 2 at lunch. I highly recommend the bacon wrapped date and the grilled artichokes with goat cheese. The wine list was impressive too! La Boca is great if you're looking for a quiet lunch away from the tourists!

1  Thank KDavis510
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

We got this recommendation from the woman at the sock shop near the square. We stopped in for lunch around 1 pm and there was no wait. We each ordered the Cubano Especiale—fantastic flavor!
There were just 2 of us so we were seated at a single table which was quite narrow. The tables are also stacked with tapas plates. They take up valuable real estate when you aren’t using them.
I had to laugh - the plates were initially on my right, where I typically put my cellphone and sunglasses, so I moved them to my left. I got a text message and picked up my phone. Just as I did a server walked by and moved the plates back over to my right. We eventually had them taken away.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

We had a craving for their blood orange sangria so we came for lunch. Had the grilled artichokes, mussels, shrimp tacos and the flat iron steak. Just the right amount of food for 2 people at lunch. Always enjoyable, good service!