“What a Birthday Present!”

Absolute Nirvana Spa & Gardens
Ranked #2 of 40 Spas & Wellness in Santa Fe
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience sublime bliss in the heart of downtown Santa Fe. Featuring traditional Asian spa rituals and luxurious rose petal baths, we are dedicated to the ancient healing art of using plants, herbs and spices for inner and outer beauty. In addition, we offer therapeutic, hot stone and Thai massage, as well as a selection of rejuvenating and anti-aging facials. Our staff of Master-level therapists, all with 17 to 30 years of experience, will nourish your body and soul.
Oaxaca
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“What a Birthday Present!”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My husband gave me a totally prepaid (tax and tips, etc.) giftcard to Nirvana for an hour and a half massage and an hour facial. I'd never even heard of Nirvana and put off making an appointment for almost 3 months,especially as we live almost 50 miles away from Santa Fe. Had I known in advance what a lovely setting and super high quality services were in store for me, I wouldn't have waited so long! One checks in at the B and B: the little lobby was quite attractive and informal. I loved the little glass jars with home made cookies, trailmix and pretzels on a table with tea and coffee! After filling out a short form with likes/dislikes and any medical issues, the massage therapist walks you out of the lobby through a lovely garden into a nearby old-fashioned building that houses the treatment rooms.

My massage with Susan was just wonderful: she often asked if the pressure she was using was appropriate for me. The massage room was lovely and soothing in itself, with daylight streaming through the tree boughs outside. The final part of the massage consisted in a brown sugar, pumpkin and cinnamon rub which seemed a little over the top when it was described to me, but was actually quite invigorating and wonderfully fragrant. One gets (slowly...) off the massage table and washes everything off in a pretty shower located right in the massage room before donning an attractive kimono and heading around the corner to the facial treatment room. The massage therapist carries your clothing/purse in a wicker basket, so you just have to concentrate on moving dreamily to the next wonderful treatment space. My facial person, Janis, was terrific. Besides an excellent cleaning and hydrating experience, Janis talked to me about my skin needs that she observed and presented me with some totally natural solutions that didn't involve buying much of anything. Unlike most of my previous Santa Fe facial experiences, she didn't try to sell any products, although I must admit the products she used felt and smelled fabulous. I looked tham up afterwards on line and, alas, they're way out of my range as a retired teacher.

I have no idea what my husband paid for my gift certificate and I must admit that I don't really want to know. It was the best birthday present I've received in years and I'm hoping that my husband really heard my rave reviews and will consider a repeat performnace for me next year! No matter what it cost, it was worth it!

2 Thank Barbara M
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Absolute Nirvana Spa & Gardens, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for writing such a comprehensive and complimentary review of your time at Absolute Nirvana Spa. We are honored and delighted that we were able to help you have a wonderful birthday, and that you enjoyed both Janis and Susan. They are incredible therapists, each with vast experience, exceptional talent and a desire to give 100% to each client. In my opinion, the pushing of product detracts mightily from the spa experience, so we just do not do that sort of thing. May you have a terrific year, and perhaps we shall see you again for another birthday celebration.

“This was the most relaxing, therapeutic, and pleasantly peaceful spa experiences I have EVER had!”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Absolute Nirvana is a professional and peaceful spa that offers the best pumpkin/brown sugar scrub and massage treatment I have ever had. My therapist Lauren was amazing and friendly...the shower was awesome! I will definitely be making my way back here all the way from the east coast!

Visited October 2013
We certainly do appreciate you writing in about your Pumpkin Decadence at Absolute Nirvana Spa. Since we make all of our scrubs and masks in-house, shortly before each treatment, they are totally fresh and real. Couple that with Lauren's fantastic abilities as a massage therapist (she has been a therapist for over 25 years now, and just keeps getting better!), and I can see why you would be so happy with your treatment. Next time you need a break from the east, we will be delighted to see you again.
Houston, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Average massage”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Had a one and a half hour massage. My masseuse obviously had little or no experience in giving a massage. I did get a firm, deep massage as I asked, but it was not relaxing nor therapeutic.

1 Thank 53designer
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Absolute Nirvana Spa & Gardens, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
I feel very badly that you did not thoroughly enjoy your Deep Tissue Massage at Absolute Nirvana Spa. It is perplexing to me that you felt your therapist lacked experience, as every single one of our therapists has a minimum of 10 years of experience, and most of them have 15-28 years of bodywork experience.

We learned our lesson the hard way about a year and a half ago when we got a sub from another spa to fill in for a therapist who was away, and she was not at all up to our high standards. Since then we do not ever hire substitutes from other spas, and only our own staff of Master-Level therapists can work at Absolute Nirvana.

Our therapists also check in throughout the massage with the client to ensure he/she is getting the treatment they want. Please contact us at Absolute Nirvana so that we might address the situation and learn from your experience. It is our mission to provide the absolute best bodywork possible, and I truly regret that you were so disappointed.
Austin, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“An oasis of relaxation”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This was my second time at Absolute Nirvana. In a town with many spa options, this one stands out for its simplicity, Zen feel and great value. The gardens are a respite from the bustle of Santa Fe's plaza. The spa professionals do a marvelous job melting all your worries away. It's a great place to spend a few hours between gallery hopping, shopping, and dining!

Visited August 2013
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Absolute Nirvana Spa & Gardens, responded to this review, 25 August 2013
How wonderful that you chose to come back to Absolute Nirvana Spa to rejuvenate in between taking part in all the activities that Santa Fe has to offer. We are very lucky to be located just a few blocks from the Plaza, yet enjoy the peace and serenity of being at the end of a dead end street. The gardens, with our big shade trees and sweet bird song, are a lovely place to relax before or after any spa treatment. Thank you for writing in to Trip Advisor, and thank you for your continued patronage.
New York City, New York
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Total relaxation”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Excellent swedish massage in a very nice facility. She paid special attention to my requests and I was in pure bliss. The price was outstanding. This quality massage in Manhattan would have cost me $200+ easily. I would recommended Nirvana Spa to people even if they are not staying at Hacienda Nicholas. Quite a delightful experience!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank caztravels
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at Absolute Nirvana Spa & Gardens, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
I am delighted to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your massage. Our goal is to provide the absolute best bodywork, using all organic and natural products, while pricing our Master-Level massages below the majority of other spas in town. Hopefully you will have the opportunity to come back to Santa Fe for more bliss at Absolute Nirvana. Thank you very much for your review.