“Heaven on earth”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Delmar en la Cienega
Ranked #31 of 36 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
“Heaven on earth”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Ive stayed at this beautiful bed and breakfast many timesi from the minute i walk into the house i feel at ease. Dee always has an interesting agenda for me of interesting and artful things to do in town. Somehow I am always running into movie stars when I travel in town here. I can see why they escape to Santa Fe. It really is the land of enchantment. Dee is very friendly and gracious and makes sure you have everything you need for a great trip!

Room Tip: The rainbow room upstairs is magical but ive stayed in all rooms-the large one off of the pool is l...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank drbeautiful

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I have just returned from Delmar en la Cienega. The verdict: I’ll keep going back year after year. Thankfully, this heaven-on-earth is not about to close, contrary to a post I saw. So I’ll keep going back, not to see Santa Fe and vicinity, so much as to stay with Dee. What a loving, gracious, talented and generous person!!! Every one of her legendary breakfasts is the unique and magical creation of a loving artist. And I cannot remember when I last had fresh-squeezed orange juice!

It’s inaccurate to call this one-of-a-kind mansion a B&B, but if one did, Dee’s would be my all-time favorite (and I’ve stated at some great B&Bs in the US and around the world). Why would one ever repeat a travel experience? The gorgeous heated pool? The phenomenal breakfasts? The easy access to everything Santa Fe has to offer? The quiet, comfortable rooms? The immaculate service? For me, the main reason is Dee herself. You cannot help but love her; and the very best parts of my stay in Santa Fe were times spent with Dee.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Ashley C
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Magnificent property located in beautiful rolling desert hills outside Santa Fe. Just a 20 minute drive from downtown, we heard coyotes each night from our bed. Spacious and artfully decorated home featuring amazing indoor swimming pool. As stunning as the home was, the true star of Delmar is the hostess, Dee. Charming and gracious, Dee offers an amazing breakfast each morning and plenty of valuable advice. She treats guests more like family than visitors. Could not possible recommend visiting Dee more. We plan to return to Santa Fe just to re-visit her!!

Room Tip: Master suite with fireplace and killer bath is wonderful. Rainbow room has great views.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jerry C
Minnesota
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Don't know what we can add to what has been said. Gorgeous! Peaceful! Amazing breakfasts. Hostess Dee is wonderful! Easy drive to Santa Fe. We loved it here. Hope it is still open! Dee mentioned she might sell. We were there last summer, and highly recommend it. Indoor pool was awesome. 5 stars!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Discobear
Edina, Minnesota
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Nestled in the rolling hills of La Cienega lies a beautiful B&B called Delmar. We spent five days at the most peaceful and romantic time beyond what we thought possible! We had a private bedroom with a comfortable king size bed that was so peaceful we arrived home missing Delmar already! The days we had breakfast at Delmar were fabulous and the pool was great to relax in at the end of the day! The owner is a gem!

Room Tip: All rooms are beyond expectation!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert H
Saint Leonard, Maryland
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We stayed one night at this B&B on the way from Albuquerque to Santa Fe. This is the most unique and beautiful B&B we have ever stayed. It has indoor swimming pool that lights up beautifully at night. It's only 20 minutes drive to Santa Fe but it is (seems like) you are in the middle of wilderness where scenery is breathtaking and at night it is very quiet and you can even hear coyotes. Dee is very warm and friendly, she made us feel like we've known her as we've been friends for a long time. Her breakfast was FABULOUS! She uses all natural ingredients and even juice was freshly squeezed! You have got to stay here if you are visiting Santa Fe. You will love it here!

Room Tip: We stayed in Rainbow room but you will like all the rooms they have here.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zee1angel
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed 22 October 2011

All I can say is WOW! You MUST stay here if you are planning a trip to Santa Fe!!!!
When we go back we will not stay anywhere else!

We felt like we had always known Dee she was so warm and welcoming.

We had a wedding to attend in Santa Fe this past August so we decided to arrive a couple of days early because we had never been to Santa Fe. I spent a lot of time searching on the internet for B&B's that might be fun to stay at when I came across Delmar en la Cienega. I was drawn to it immediately. Something just compelled me to go there. I just knew that we needed to stay there!

Well, we stayed at two other places while we were in Santa Fe. We would have stayed here at least 2 of the nights but she was hosting a wedding celebration on the first night we were in Santa Fe and was full.

We arrived on the Friday after the wedding celebration crowd left Delmar and Dee came out and met us as we pulled in.

The rest is history!

She is the most gracious hostess and we enjoyed every minute of our stay. Her home is spectacular but extremely comfortable. We were fortunate to have her and her lovely home to ourselves the night we stayed. It was special!

I even took a late night swim in the indoor pool which was amazingly relaxing. I highly recommend it!

If you are looking for that "special" experience, this is the place.

Dee, you are the best.
Sally and Mark

Room Tip: The only thing that I would recommend is if it is during the warmest time you might want to choose t...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple