Casa Culinaria Don Gaspar
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Inn of the Five Graces(Santa Fe)
Hotel Santa Fe(Santa Fe)
  • Pool
Santa Fe Sage Inn(Santa Fe)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsgrindercolorado roomtree roomb belementary schoolcordon bleu trainedeach morningthe main housecoffee beansco ownergourmet breakfastheated floorsbreakfast roomgranolafull kitchenjacuzzi tubshort walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 April 2010

Although the accomodations and location were great, the value was not there. We paid more for our stay per night than any other bed and breakfast we have stayed. Every other place, that aspires to be a bed and breakfast , that we have stayed was a very personable experience. The food was put out buffet style and my family rated that to be the worst meals of our vacation which included some fast food. I believe it would be because of the lack of value for what we paid and the huge dissappointment. We paid an extra $20 per person for each night over and above myself and wife in an expensive room that accomodates more that we had. The room was considerably more than the other rooms. For a $20 breakfast per person we would expect to get the quality of food and personal experience that makes us like staying in a b&b versus a hotel.

Overall we would not return to this facility.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank bugmanDallas
SantaFeInn, Manager at Casa Culinaria Don Gaspar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2010

We always regret when a guest is not satisfied with their visit. Our staff are extremely personable and always hospitable, professional and responsive to guest requests and needs - so this review is unexpected. A wonderful opportunity to consider how we may all do even better! (please see the many other reviews). To respond; All of our accommodations offer King beds and sleep 2 guests. We have 3 suites with pull out sofas and a 3 bedroom home for those guests who choose to utilize it for larger parties...over 3 or 4 people depending on sleeping arrangements. The "Main House" rate is the same rate as 2 suites but can sleep up to 6 guests which most famlies enjoy and find a very good value. Having over 1500 sqft, full kitchen, 2 baths, dining,living and family room is found to be quite the value by most. While we do serve breakfast in a buffet style due to the limited space we have in our historic pueblo adobe building - we have very few complaints on the food - which is varied and always includes a fresh, hot entry! Personal tastes may come into consideration as we serve traditional Southwest faire - with green and red chile which some may find different...especially teens. Even then - if notified, we will serve items to order per request! While we regret that this guest was not satisfied with the value of their accommodation for 4-6 pp....this is not a complaint we receive often since our accommodations tend to be more ample than most (which I think they also said) and priced very comparably to other Santa Fe inns. We wish them the best in their future travels!

Reviewed 15 February 2010

Two girlfriends and I wanted a special place to take my sister to celebrate her "60th" birthday. I had been to Santa Fe several times but my sister had never been and after a couple of failed attempts to visit we finally got her there. I found Don Gaspar on the internet and found the pictures posted on their website to be excatly what I was looking for as well as the central location. I took a chance, booked it and crossed my fingers. I am happy to report that we were NOT disappointed! We stayed in the Main House which was perfect in every way. We were there in January with lots of snow and cold weather which made the fires we built in the fireplace each evening the perfect ending to our day of site seeing and shopping the many fabulous galleries Santa Fe has to offer. We all agreed that the cottage is ideal for groups like ours as well as families or two - three couples looking for comfortable accomodations, delicious breakfasts and a staff ready to please. I will stay with them again!
Hollye
New Braunfels, TX

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2010

My daughter and I stayed at the Don Gaspar Inn on our first trip to Santa Fe. We were delighted with the lovely accommodations, a separate casita really--the Santa Fe Room.
Normally sunny Santa Fe was snowy on the day we arrived, and it was a pleasure to be in a cozy room with a fireplace and heated stone floors. The innkeeper Valerie could not have been more welcoming, steering us to a nearby restaurant for dinner and recommending sights. Breakfasts were lavish and homemade, with tasty treats like French toast and berries and shirred eggs and baked apples. We would happily return, preferably in more moderate weather when we might sit outside and enjoy breakfast on the private patio. Best feature? You're a few short blocks, an easy walk, from the heart of Santa Fe. It's nice to return to such a restful place after dining and sightseeing.

• Stayed: February 2010
Reviewed 26 January 2010

We stayed in the main house in this Bed & Breakfast with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2 living areas with a fireplace in each and a dining area. The kitchen and laundry room were fully equipped. I loved the decor and it was very clean and comfortable. It snowed while we were there and we enjoyed building a fire and looking at the beautiful grounds.

The breakfasts every morning were delicious. I had to catch an early plane on our last morning that would have caused us to miss breakfast, but the manager offered to make a breakfast casserole and placed it in our refrigerator so we could warm it the next morning. The service was wonderful!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2010

I have too often been disappointed in accommodations because the online info proves to paint a much more favorable image than the real deal delivers. NOT so with Don Gaspar Inn in Santa Fe. We had never traveled to Santa Fe before and we were simply looking for adventure. Don Gaspar delivered on every promise made on line. The room was so comfortable, clean and nicely decorated. We were there in December and really appreciated the fireplace and heated floors in the bathroom. The luxurious jetted tub was perfect relaxation after wandering around in the cold air. The bed was heaven to snuggle into and we enjoyed watching several dvd's from the small on site dvd library. I cannot say enough about the excellent service. All employees were so friendly and helpful. We took advantage of their knowledge about the community and benefitted several times from their excellent recommendations. The daily breakfast was a treat and gave us a chance to talk with other guests. We are eager to return and hope to become regular patrons of the Don Gaspar Inn!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple