My husband and I rented the Fountain Casita and my sister and her husband rented the Colorado Room. Both rooms were very clean and the decor was very tasteful. All of us found the rooms to be very quiet which is a key factor aside from being clean.
The fountain outside our Fountain Casita was not yet running. We mentioned this to the staff who said she though it was still too early and it may freeze. Having a fountain of our own in Lakewood, CO we know that if the water keeps circulating it won't freeze this time of year. So we were disappointed that we didn't get to hear the fountain running. A couple other MINOR issues in our room was no dishcloth to wash your dishes and the tea was not replenished even when we left a note on the stove to do so - both we remedied later in the day once we brought it up to the staff.
The garden area was gorgeous and private - we really enjoyed the lush plantings and the flowers in bloom.
Each afternoon the super-friendly staff baked delicious fresh cookies or brownies and put out some nice fresh fruit.
Breakfast was typically coffee, tea, juices, cereal and granola, toast, egg in the shell, cheeses, great fresh fruit, and an entree. The only suggestion we would make is that while we love Mexican food we weren't crazy about the beef tamale casserole for breakfast (it was tasty but too heavy for breakfast for our tastes).
Parking was free and we liked that we could walk easily to the plaza.
Despite a few MINOR issues we LOVED the Don Gaspar Inn and its staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Culinaria Don Gaspar (formerly Don Gaspar Inn) is one of the finest Santa Fe Plaza hotels. Casa Culinaria Don Gaspar is an intimate property, focused on truly welcoming guests to a beautiful place. Great care has been taken to create a setting honoring the history and beauty of the property and its location. Our location is prized, a quiet sanctuary just a short walk to historic downtown Santa Fe. In minutes you’ll find the famous Santa Fe Plaza. Our Santa Fe hotel features 3 distinct architectural styles, exquisite gardens, and private patios. Let us help you choose the perfect room/style just for you! Casa Culinaria Don Gaspar has a long tradition of providing luxury accommodations with unparalleled service. Our rooms are spacious and designed for comfort. Most have a private entrance, overlooking beautiful garden patios. Start your day with a delightful breakfast of New Mexican favorites and traditional entrees. After a day of soaking up the Santa Fe sunshine and culture, relax in the peaceful courtyard and gardens. We are in the process of enhancing some of our rooms. For up to date room information please call us at 888.986.8664. Local phone 505.986.8664. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Casa Culinaria Don Gaspar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Don Gaspar Hotel Santa Fe
- Casa Culinaria Don Gaspar Santa Fe, New Mexico