“Delicious iced genmaicha vs poor service?” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 39 Coffee & Tea in Santa Fe
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Historic District
Description: Exceptional teas from China, India, Japan, Sri Lanka, and Santa Fe, where we create our own flavored teas. Serving Breakfast/Brunch, lunch and dinner 7 days a week. Fresh baked breads, scones, muffins, pastries, and cookies, including a gluten-free selection.
Texas
“Delicious iced genmaicha vs poor service?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Poor service wins. Unfortunately, after pondering for one hour, I came to the conclusion that the pathetic service did, indeed, spoil my experience at the Teahouse. We ended up getting our own water and menus. We watched other tables being served, we basically had to lasso the server to get one iced tea, we watched other tables being served again, we were told by one server that she is not our server and cannot help us, we asked for the check three times, we were gone.

Despite that experience, the tea selection is one of the best I have seen in the US and A and the genmaicha iced tea was prepared to perfection. Absolutely delicious. Outdoor setting is nice.

• 1 of 5 bubbles

Heidelberg, Australia
“So much tea to choose from!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Great sleepy little cafe at the end of Canyon Road.
Extensive tea & food menu.
Sat here all afternoon enjoying the atmosphere and a rather yum Chai.

Great little place and would love to come back

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Michelle N
Goose Creek, South Carolina
“Delicious food, nice setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I ate lunch here 1 day while visiting Santa Fe. Kim, our server, was very sweet and friendly. Made us feel very welcomed. We ate outside under the shade of a tree. I ordered the chicken pot pie with a polanta crust. Best chicken pot pie I ever had! This restaurant was very reasonably priced. Located near the end of Canyon Road where the art galleries stop. Would eat here again if passing through.

1 Thank Whitney S
Baltimore, Maryland
“My new favorite - go, you'll probably want to go back if you can!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I understood that the Teahouse had recently changed hands, and happily the new hands make great food. Extensive gluten-free menu, but since that's not a concern for me, I had the scone...and then came back another day for more. Full-time pastry cook. Scone comes with clotted cream and lemon curd. There's a gluten free one too. BUT THE DINNER FOODS ARE GREAT. We do not know many places to get that quality food at that price. I had eggplant, which was not oily, and my mate had the stew. We would eat them again and again!! Extensive tea menu, of course. Prices make it a place you can afford weekly. And the setting on Canyon Rd is pleasant and very mellow. You can't usually eat this well for this price.

2 Thank Adventurous4488
Dallas, Texas
“Couldn't be any better!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

What a wonderful, relaxing place (under a tree or umbrella in a garden) to rest your feet, drink some exotic tea (iced or hot), have fastastic panini and salads, and finish with deserts. Their paninis were most creative; and I had the wonderful kimchi, bacon and cheddar cheese panini (a combination I would not have imaged). Their tiramisu was 'out of the world' good. Folks were great and service was terrific!

1 Thank JPDallas