“We loved it...”

Ranked #11 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Fairfax Station, Virginia
“We loved it...”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My wife and I celebrated a birthday milestone by visiting Santa Fe for the first time. The "Inn of the Governors" was recommended by a couple we met this spring in Key West, Florida. Their advice was that the Inn of the Governors was the place to stay--we are very thankful that we listened to their great advice. All the right touches were expertly done throughout our 5-day stay. Thank you.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Keith M
SamGerberding, General Manager at Inn of the Governors, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Keith M, Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Inn and for giving us the opportunity to host your milestone birthday visit! We very much appreciate your comments and are so pleased to hear you were recommended to us by another guest. We hope to welcome you back to the Inn and Santa Fe very soon!

Inn of the Governors

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Korean first
Carrboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My first trip to Santa Fe was a year and a half ago and I stayed at the Inn of the Governors. Since that time, I have visited Santa Fe, on business, four more times trying other four star hotels. My last trip, October 31st, I returned to the Inn of the Governors. I find it to be by far the best choice for lodging in Santa Fe. The rooms are quite, clean and spacious. The staff friendly and efficient. The breakfast excellent. The parking free. And the location is perfect.
The altitude is always a problem for me when I visit Santa Fe and the comfort of the Inn is a welcomed relief. I actually look forward to my next trip because of the accommodations.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank Deborah R
SamGerberding, General Manager at Inn of the Governors, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Deborah R, Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a kind review of your last stay with us. We are pleased to know everything about your stay was so exemplary! Our staff takes great pride in trying to provide a kind, warm and welcoming atmosphere. We, too, look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My husband and I just returned from a long weekend in Santa Fe, where we usually stay in much more expensive hotels. On our last visit, someone recommended the Inn of the Governors, so we thought we would try it. SO GLAD we did! Perfect location, just a couple blocks off the Plaza. Our room (220), while small, was charming. No details overlooked. Immaculately clean. The afternoon sherry and cookies in the lobby gave us a chance to meet interesting people from all over the country. The full breakfast was delicious, and the $15 nightly credit at Del Charro was an entree' to one of the liveliest local watering holes (terrific burgers.) Parking was wonderfully easy.
Everyone working there was welcoming and friendly. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fireplace.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nene55446
SamGerberding, General Manager at Inn of the Governors, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Nene55446, We are each so glad you had a marvelous stay! Room cleanliness and staff friendliness is one of most important goals. Thank you so much for taking the time to reflect back on your visit and posting such positive remarks! We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Inn in the near future.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights recently. I would definitely stay here again and I want to bring my husband. If you're here in the cooler months, opt for one of the rooms with a kiva fireplace. I made a fire almost every night. Even if it's cold outside, you might want to bring a swimsuit, since the pool is heated to about 85 degrees! The breakfasts are wonderful, the common areas are cozy and there is a bar/restaurant attached for casual lunch or dinner. Great location near the plaza and various restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fireplace in the cooler months--very cozy
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Lynn H
Dear Lynn, Thank you for taking the time to post a thoughtful and positive review. Our staff and myself are so appreciative to know you enjoyed your stay. Please do return with your husband to enjoy the many activities Santa Fe has to offer! We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We have stayed many times at the Inn of the Governors and have always found it to be
clean and comfortable. The decor is traditional Santa Fe (which we love) and the rooms
are spacious and the staff very welcoming and helpful. We recently stayed in room 261 which was
nice for a quiet location/view and had a nice balcony and kiva fireplace. We prefer the interior
rooms versus those that look out onto the parking lot. The sherry/hot tea and cinnamon cookies
in the afternoon is a nice touch as is the wonderful breakfast with lots of choices. Even the
Del Charro is a good value if you are too tired to venture out to eat. Location is great and you
can walk to everything. Parking is a plus and the use of the computers/printers was very
helpful to my husband since he had to work some on our last trip.
All in all, a great place at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Book a room in the main part of the hotel and ask for a view and a fireplace if the weather is cold...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank pcham1951
SamGerberding, General Manager at Inn of the Governors, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear pcham1951, Thank you for taking the time to comment on all the areas of your stay! We truly enjoy knowing your stays have been consistently good. We strive to provide that continuity for guests who return often as well as first time visitors. Room 261 is very popular amongst our guests. The balcony rooms are so nice for some outdoor relaxation. We are so pleased to have you as a repeat guest and look forward to hosting your future visits.

Los Angeles
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stayed there for 5 nights recently. It was my second stay there. The location is convenient and the parking is free. The wifi went out for several days while I was there, but the front desk was able to print my critical emails for me. Very reasonably priced.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank CassieLA
Dear CassieLA, We are delighted to learn you enjoyed your recent stay with us! My apologies that the internet service was less than perfect, although I'm glad the staff was able to assist you in getting what you needed. Please let me know if I can offer any assistance during a future stay. We hope to have you as our guest again very soon.

gm@innofthegovernors.com
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We made a great choice to stay in this hotel and I would do it again. The location was great, quiet but easy walking distance to restaurants, the Square, and museums. Breakfasts were wonderful and the restaurant was a great value. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Liked the sherry and cookies in the afternoon and the local artifacts throughout the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Susan A
Dear Susan A, Thank you very much for sharing your comments. Our staff is very happy to know you enjoyed your stay and you will return! Our tea & sherry hour is a wonderful time each day to relax in the lobby and chat with other guests. We hope to see you again soon.