“Very clean and quaint.”

Ranked #11 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Mineral Point, Wisconsin
“Very clean and quaint.”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I am in Santa Fe for the first time on a business trip. Although I chose the property because it was an approved hotel for my company, it ended up being a very nice surprise. They let me check in early which was unexpected. Very clean and a large room. Nice view of the Cathedral from my window. They have a reception from 4-5 in the lobby with free tee and sherry. The sherry was quite nice. Del Charro is a saloon/pub attached to the hotel with great atmosphere. I was very surprised by the property and will stay here again. Only wish it had a workout facility.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank jsieg
SamGerberding, General Manager at Inn of the Governors, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear jsieg,

Thank you for sharing a review of your recent stay with us at the Inn. We are so pleased to have been a small part of making a work trip a bit more enjoyable. It is nice to know you were able to check in early; we want to accommodate this whenever possible.

My apologies that we do not have a workout facility. However, we are happy to give directions to a few nice facilities that are close by.

I hope you are able to stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Santa Fe.

Inn of the Governors

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed for a week in mid-November as a solo birthday trip, and this was the perfect base to enjoy a wonderful week. I was pleasantly surprised to find myself upgraded to a larger room due to the length of my stay, and the room was charming, large, quiet, clean, and comfortable. The location could not be more convenient, both for walking around the center of Santa Fe or getting on the major roads for day trips. The free and plentiful parking also made having a rental car no hassle at all and allowed me to take some wonderful trips to Taos, Ghost Ranch, and some of the ancestral Pueblo sites. The breakfast buffet had great choices, both traditional American and spicy southwestern options. They were so filling I didn't have to eat lunch a few days. Honestly, as someone from the East coast I thought I didn't like chilaquiles until I had them here. The coffee was also great and they provide travel cups for you to take one back to your room or on the go to start your day, which was greatly appreciated. The cookies, tea, and sherry were always welcome in the afternoons -especially the delicious cookies. Altogether, my trip to Santa Fe was one of my smoothest-running vacations and I attribute a lot of it to the thoughtful little touches of the Inn.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank alexia_argyri
Dear alexia_argyri,

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to write such a thoughtful review. You described almost every aspect of the Inn and it is a pleasure to share your comments with our staff. I am happy to know you were able to enjoy trips to surrounding sites as Northern New Mexico has so much to offer.

We look forward to hosting you as our guest again in the future!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We decided on the Inn of the Governors for a New Years Eve getaway and booked a superior room with the kiva fireplace. The Inn of the Governors is an excellent location which offers most of central Santa Fe within an easy walking distance. Hotel appears to be well run and does a good job of addressing the needs or wants of their clientele.

While our room was comfortable and well appointed, our only criticism would center on the bathroom. The Mexican tile work appeared to have been done by an amateur and the vent fan needed attention or total replacement.

Since our room fee included a breakfast buffet we had breakfast on New Years Day and it was certainly adequate. The Del Charro Saloon is a well known "locals spot" and their house margarita continues to set the standard for margaritas in the area.

Room Tip: We would recommend the superior room with a fireplace. Even though it was a full house, noise was m...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Neil C
SamGerberding, General Manager at Inn of the Governors, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Neil C,

I am so glad to know you had a pleasant stay with us on New Year's Eve! Thank you for reviewing your stay. I apologize that the bathroom and fan were in need of attention. I will have that room looked into right away.

It's great to know you enjoyed Del Charro with the locals! I know it was lively on New Year's Eve. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

On our way to Colorado but wanted to stop in Santa Fe for a day of shopping and decided to stay here. They were responsive to email inquiries, prompt and professional on the phone, and we were greeted by the most hospitable general manager who even helped us park out oversized load. Add a great margarita, a warm social reception, cozy rooms, heated pool for the kids on a cold day, and you have a great little Inn. Price is a above average but you definitely get the bang for your buck. We will repeat this visit and return here again!

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Hbaf214
Dear Hbaf214, Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and will return again. I am quite proud of our complimentary amenities such as the tea & sherry hour and buffet breakfast. It's great to hear you and your family were able to enjoy some of these offerings. We hope to see you again soon!

Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We stay at the Inn of the Governors every time we travel to Santa Fe and just love it! It's location, the rooms, the great Del Charro...all keep us coming back! I can't imagine staying any place else in Santa Fe....

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Sherri S
SamGerberding, General Manager at Inn of the Governors, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Sherri S, Thank you so much for your whole-hearted endorsement of the Inn! We truly appreciate your repeat business. Seeing our guests year after year is one of the things that makes my job great! Please let me know if I can ever be of any assistance.

Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I recently enjoyed a long weekend at the Inn of the Governors. It helps, but you don't have to be a huge fan of the Southwest interior decor to enjoy a stay here. The service is really good and always personable. We were met with friendly smiles and helpfulness every interaction we had with the Governor's staff.

The restaurant offers a great selection of reasonably priced and well-made food. I spoke on several occasion with Sam, the General Manager and was impressed with how close he works with his co-workers. Few (if any) are the times I've seen a GM help out in a bar, seat guests at their table and then take time to talk with the. The warm and welcoming atmosphere aside, this hotel has several other things going for it:

• Perfect location at center of Old Santa Fe
• Heated outdoor pool
• WiFi included in room rate
• Complimentary afternoon sherry and snacks
• Complimentary breakfast buffet (huge selection!)
• Great coffee and complimentary mugs/lids for takeaway
• Complimentary peppermint candy

The Inn of the Governors is definitely a place I can recommend for folks visiting Santa Fe.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Joakim L
Dear Joakimrabroff, Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I really appreciate that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful - as that is our constant goal. It was a pleasure to speak to you and I'm glad you enjoyed Del Charro. On behalf of our staff, we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Nebraska USA
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

My adult daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights to celebrate our birthdays. I thought it was a great value for the price. Onsite restaurant was one of our favorites. Afternoon complimentary tea/sherry was a treat - we felt very spoiled by staff. Room was nice with a few extra touches - loved how the curtains made it totally dark for sleeping. Complimentary breakfast buffet was delicious and expansive. Again staff was attentive and gracious. We could have spent more elsewhere but this was perfect for us - walking distance to everywhere except airport.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank brendannebraska
SamGerberding, General Manager at Inn of the Governors, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Beaniennebraska, It was certainly our pleasure to host you and your daughter on such a special occasion. Thank you for choosing the Inn and for posting a review of your stay. I am so pleased you found our offerings to be a good value and comfortable as well! We hope you'll stay with us again the next time you are in Santa Fe.