When one pulls into the driveway of the Inn of the Governors in Santa Fe, one's first impression is that this is just a glorified motel, and the lobby too looks simple enough. However, the very warm, friendly reception from the parking attendant to personnel at the front desk, and indeed from everyone on the staff, quickly dispels the notion that this is just a motel. And the rooms -- at least those in the Governor's Wing (one of the three buildings of the complex -- also dispel the initial impression upon entering the parking lot. Our room was spacious, comfortable, and attractively decorated in the Southwestern style and had a working kiva fireplace with plenty of wood and kindling for the cool nights. The room, like apparently all the others in this building, had a small balcony with table and chairs. Since the Governors Wing is at the back of the complex and is not along Alameda Street, a main artery with a lot of traffic, it is very quite and peaceful. The hotel a very nice, albeit small swimming pool in walled garden. Our package, included a plentiful breakfast buffet in the covered garden of the El Charro Bar and Restaurant belonging to the hotel. We never ate dinner there, but could not help but notice that it was filled with crowds of people clearly enjoying themselves every night.
One of the great plusses of the Inn of the Governors is its central location in the heart of Santa Fe. It is just a few minutes walk from the Plaza, the Cathedral, and most of the finest shops, restaurants, nights spots, and cultural offerings in the city. It is also in walking distance from Canyon Road and most of the major art galleries.
We have stayed in both elegant hotels and more modest accommodations on previous visits to Santa Fe, but nowhere else were we made to feel as welcome as we were here. And to top it all off, the price was extremely reasonable, and indeed considerably less than a number of the nearby hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inn of the Governors is a leader in hospitality among Santa Fe Hotels. We provide world-class service, a beautiful downtown location, complimentary Mountain Sunrise full breakfast, free parking and complimentary Tea and Sherry served daily in our lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with JackRabbit Systems, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Inn of the Governors reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn Of The Governors Hotel Santa Fe
- Hotel Of The Governors
- Of The Governors Hotel
- Inn Of The Governors Santa Fe, New Mexico