“Problem free stay!”

Ranked #19 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Escondido, California
“Problem free stay!”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Arrived here at around 8:00 p.m. on a Wednesday. There was still parking available. The check in was fast. I wanted to splurge, so I got the huge family suite. This room has two twin beds as you enter, a wet bar, a desk and a television. Then there is another room that has a king bed and television set. Both rooms share a bathroom. There is not a door that separates the two rooms. The entire suite was clean. There is an outside balcony where you can sit and view the night sky, or just meditate on life. At bedtime, I slept in the king bed. It was comfortable, and I had a good night's rest. But be aware that since suite rooms at this Best Western are adjacent to (face) the road, you will start to hear street noise beginning at around 6:30 a.m. I used the treadmill in the morning at the on-site exercise facility for 40 minutes. The stationary bike had a sign placed on it which stated that it was out of order. There was a stair stepper and weight lifting machine that I did not use. I then took a hot shower, and went down to breakfast. The free breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, sausages, breads, yogurt, fruit, juices, and other items. It was a full breakfast. There were complimentary USA Today newspapers in the morning on the lobby counter. Upon departure, it was a quick checkout. All the staff encountered at the Best Western Plus Inn of Santa Fe were friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: If you need a suite that has three beds in two rooms, reserve room number 300.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank MrLorin
bdt1172SantaFe, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Santa Fe, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Mr. Lorin,

I would like to thank you for your the two surveys that you have responded to. I have read them both and was very pleased by your comments regarding your recent visit. I am very glad you got to enjoy our family suite and have provided readers much detail as to your experiance and the quality of the hotel room and breakfast area. I would also like to say that the fitness bike part should be here any day and will be repaired promptly. Thank you again for such kind words and I do very much hope that you had the chance to visit our beautiful city. Please consider us again on your next visit. Safe travels and a very happy holiday season to you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Beautiful hotel conveniently located to historic downtown, restaurants, shops and stores. Easy access to routes to other areas of Northern New Mexico for day trips. The room was comfortable, parking great, and the morning breakfast offering was better than most and very good. The best thing about this hotel was the staff. They are friendly, helpful, professional and courteous. They go the extra mile to make your stay at the hotel and in Santa Fe successful.

1 Thank cmluckhurst
Dear CMLUCKHURST,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel on your recent stay in Santa Fe. I would like to add that the comments you have made in regards to the staff have been shared with them and we would like to thank you for such kind words. It is positive reviews such as yours and others that really make each of us want to work harder and harder in that elusive goal of perfection. We hope you got the chance to explore all of what our beautiful city has to offer and we do hope you return again sometime in the future. Happy Holidays to you.
Las Vegas, United States
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This Best Western was extremely clean, quite and peaceful. It was a pleasure to stay at this facility. As close to being at home on the road. The staff was extremely pleasant and professional. The breakfast in the morning was very tasty and flavorful. I don't understand why this review needs 200 characters in order to post. I am a person of few words and I like to post shorts to the point answers, because I think that people don't want to read or spend time reading long and drawn out reviews. Trip Advisor should change this requirement on its review..........

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

4 Thank Scott S
bdt1172SantaFe, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Santa Fe, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Scott S,

My apologies for my delay in responding to your wonderful comments about your visit to Santa Fe. Let me assure you have shared your comments with my team and we are always so thrilled to read what our guests post. I do hope that you may find some time to return to our beautiful city and perhaps come back and see us again. Have a great holiday season and a very happy new year.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The hotel was very clean, the staff was really helpful, the room as very large and comfortable. Parking was great and included and the location was fairly near everything that you would want to see. The only issue was the sinks in the bathroom. When they remodeled the bathrooms that put the faucets to far back from the Mexican sinks. It looks really cute, but you have to be careful that the water from the faucet does not run out on the counter instead of into the sink. Other than this small issue, we would gladly stay there next visit.

Room Tip: The room that end in 14 are very large and comfortable.
4 Thank TheOregonByrds
Santa Maria, California
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Friendly & helpful staff on arrival (Mike). Had 2 room suite with 3 beds (rm 300). Rooms were large, clean & nice. Comfortable beds. Had balcony so we could open the patio door to get fresh air in room. Patio door had nice shutters that you could adjust for lighting. Had nice wetbar area with fridge & microwave. No water in lobby but you could get water in the fitness room.

Room carpet was clean( I think we were 1st ones to step on new carpet) but elevator & hallway carpets needed to be cleaned. We did arrive in evening & it was real windy so probably lots of stuff got brought in & housekeeping was already gone. There were plumbing problems which I told the clerk on checkout so might be fixed already. Wetbar plumbing is wrong - hot & cold lines are reversed so could get burned if put hand under cold faucet expecting cold water but getting hot water instead. Wrong type faucet put in the bathroom. Faucet downspout in sink is too short so when you use faucet the water gets all over the sink & have to put towel down to wipe up water. Sink is a beautiful tile sink. Could use a small wall fan between the 2 rooms for air circulation between the rooms.
Light wouldn't come on lamp so thought bulb was burned out. Got a new bulb from Mike but lamp still didn't work. turned out that lamp was unplugged. So check plugs 1st if something isn't working. Wifi OK. Breakfast OK. Didn't try pool or fitness room.
Would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank dragon428
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 October 2013

staff changed my room to a more central location in the hotel when I told them about how severely the Sta Fe altitude was impacting my COPD and ability to walk and schlep bags, etc. even short distances.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stayed at the BWP Inn of Santa Fe for four nights on a road trip in NM. We found this property to be showing its age. This was never an upscale property and could use a refit. We enjoyed Santa Fe but suffered noise, odors and outdated decor at this hotel. This is a "pet friendly" property and that may account for the odors we endured.

In short, the location is good the staff is helpful, but we will be searching for a newer property on our next visit to Santa Fe.

2 Thank 1eyeopen