“Wonderful Renovations”

Ranked #22 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
North Carolina
“Wonderful Renovations”
Reviewed 10 October 2010

We had stayed at this Best Western on Cerrillos Road a few times in the past and always thought it was a pretty nice hotel. We were thrilled when we checked into our King suite this time and found that the hotel has been completely renovated. The room we had was just beautiful and super clean. We had a great balcony with a table and chairs. The king bed was so comfortable that we both slept soundly. The gentleman at the desk when we checked in was friendly and funny and they have a beautiful indoor pool.

The only problem we had was the air conditioner began turning off in the middle of the night. We opened the sliding door to our balcony and had plenty of cool air. The next morning we notified the front desk of the problem and while we were out for the day, they came and fixed whatever the problem was and the next night the air conditioner worked perfectly.

The location is not within walking distance of the plaza, but the price of the room was nowhere near as high as rooms around the plaza either. If you're looking for a beautiful room at a great price and don't mind driving to the plaza or anywhere else you want to visit, I would highly recommend this Best Western.

8 Thank deserthiker
kellygman, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Santa Fe, responded to this review, 5 November 2010
Thank you for your recent review of the Best Western Inn of Santa Fe. We are extremely proud of our 1.5 million dollar renovation and find that our property mirrors the decor' of the beautiful properties on the plaza, without the plaza pricing!
My staff and I try to exceed our guest's expectations. I am glad we were able to take care of the small issues you had while staying with us, and ask that the next time your travels bring you to Santa Fe, please think of us again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 7 October 2010

We stayed here on a road trip from Phoenix back to our home in Denver. It was a random pick from our AAA trip book and it was good. The front desk woman was very helpful and gave us a great recommendation for a local Mexican restaurant frequented by the locals. The bed was comfortable. The rooms and halls were very clean and the rooms were nicely appointed. The breakfast, typical cold fare, was no great shakes, but what the heck it was free. I would stay here again.

5 Thank aurorakate
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 22 September 2010

Older Best Western recently redecorated. Small room, small bath, no room to spread things out. Tube lacked grab bar, really low toilet. Old TV. Dogs allowed, actually saw one poop in hallway. I usually try and stay away from hotels that allow pets for that reason. Imagine whats on the carpet in your room? Anyway, didn't see any bed bugs. I usually carefully inspect before I bring my luggage in. Only stayed two nights and went back to Los Alamos where we were previously. When you make reservation ask for room away from the road. Lots of traffic, but our room was at the back and quiet. The bed was fairly new however the sheets and towels were thin and one pillow case was stained. The breakfast was not as good as Holiday Inn Express, which I usually prefer; the breakfast room too small for the crowd. They need to clean up the back door area, stuff spilled on walk, old door doesn't open automatically for walking in w/ luggage

1 Thank njmonst
DaveWollmanSr, Regional Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Santa Fe, responded to this review, 24 September 2010
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your candor and helpful comments. We will use your comments to improve our product and service. The next time you are in the Santa Fe area ask to see on of our deluxe rooms or suites. They have more living area to spread out. Thanks again for the review, take care.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 August 2010

The newly renovated room was fine, with the exception of a very noisy old air
conditioning unit. It wasn't possible to sleep with the a/c on. Also, I would think that the management would want to conserve on the electric bill and not have three 100 watt bulbs in the new bathroom fixture.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Pickytraveler75
DaveWollmanSr, Regional Director at Best Western Plus Inn of Santa Fe, responded to this review, 23 August 2010
I want to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor! We have been replacing the bearings on our A/C units. I am sorry that we had not yet replaced your's. I have our Maintenance Manager getting a list of those units still needing repair, so future guest's will not have the same problem. Best Western International has started a green program and our "Green Committee" will be taking a look at our light fixtures to see how we may conserve on energy.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 19 July 2010

After reading some of the reviews that this hotel was undergoing a renovation...I thought it would be nice to see the finished product. My room was excatly like the picture on their website. The mattresses were Beauty Rest (I used to work in the hotel industry so I helped housekeeping by stripping the bed and that is how I know) and were very comfortable. And I think I had at least 6 pillows on the king bed waiting for me when I arrived. I was traveling with my dog who recently had leg surgery so I didnt want to leave her with strangers. The hotel accepts pets and with no charge. I stayed there for a total of 3 nights. I only visited the breakfast twice and looked to be the usual bagels, juice, muffins, etc... I like a good breakfast to start my day so I usually went out. The front desk staff was very friendly. The housekeeping service was great.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
7 Thank bercha
DaveWollmanSr, Regional Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Santa Fe, responded to this review, 21 July 2010
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review to Tripadvisor.com! I am glad that you found our product to be accurately displayed on our web sites. We have received really great comments on our rennovations. We are working on our breakfast to add more variety, as this is an area in which we can improve. Thanks for your support!
tucson
Reviewed 25 June 2010

Room was clean and nice. Bed was very comfortable and we settled down for a good night's sleep, but quickly noticed that the room doors shut very loudly. We were awakened several times during the night by what sounded like slamming doors, only to find out that is how the doors normally close. However, the outside door shuts noiselessly. Weird. Were we the only ones to notice this? Breakfast was typical cereals, rolls, juice machine, etc.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank wandersw
DaveWollmanSr, Regional Director at Best Western Plus Inn of Santa Fe, responded to this review, 29 June 2010
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Best Western Inn of Santa Fe. I am glad you found the hotel to your liking. I am sorry the doors detracted from an other wise pleasant experience. Next time you come to Santa Fe, please consider us again.
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed 15 May 2010

We stayed one night. We had a king size bed and little coffee counter with sink all in a spacious comfortable quiet room. The woman at the front desk was very nice, as were the people in the breakfast room. The bed so super comfortable (better than home) with lots of pillows and very quiet. Everything the place we used to stay in Santa Fe wasn't. We'd definitely stay here on future visits to Santa Fe.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
7 Thank travelingartist_8
DaveWollmanSr, Regional Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Santa Fe, responded to this review, 20 May 2010
I want to thank you for taking the time to post your review to TripAdvisor. We are very proud of our hotel and our associates that serve our guest's. We have recently completed our $1.5 million dollar renovation and I am very happy that you found every thing to your liking. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again.