One day at work, I had gotten a proverbial "wild hair", and decided that I was going to take the family for a short vacation over the weekend. I had looked up several hotels in the Santa Fe area, and most if not all were out of our projected price-range for what I wanted to do. I DID, however, notice an ad for the Sage Inn in Santa Fe that had caught my eye. It was an internet offer, but the front desk was able to accomadate me over the phone and honored the price listed. To say that I was quite skeptical, at first, is an understatement. However, with the price that the hotel offered, I decided to "roll the dice" and take my chances.
To get to the hotel, there is a bit of traffic that one must fight. Most of the roads, or the major road in the Santa Fe area, are three lanes. While traffic might be dense at times, most of the drivers were actually somewhat courteous. This was a HUGE difference from what I am normally used to.
Once we arrived at the hotel, on the outside, it wasn't much to look at.... So far you may be asking, "Ok so when does the 'good review start?" We got the electronic keys to our room and found that while the room was a little small, it was more than accomadating. There were two queen sized beds, a tv, working a/c - heater, the bathrooms were clean, and you could even rent out a dorm-style fridge if you were going to be there for an extended amount of time.
The hotel does offer shuttle service to all points in the Santa Fe area; however, since we did not want to be "that family" that had to depend on someone else for a ride, we took our jeep to the city's municipal parking area. The fee was about $2.00 an hour for parking. Not too bad when you consider that we were able to come and go as we pleased. The hotel is situated about 6 blocks or so from the "heart of tourism" for the Santa Fe area. Since we traveled in January, it wasn't quite warm enough to be able to just go for a walk and enjoy the town. I am quite sure though that in the Spring and Fall it would make for a wonderful little excersion.
Now on a side note, nothing to do with the hotel itself, there are alot of little shops to enjoy. Be aware that when you enter, the staff will tell you that they can "cut you a deal", and chances are they can, but as we all know... when it comes time for a sale (most if not all) items tend to be marked up anyways. The businesses that you can dine at tend to be expensive... I won't mention any names, but there was one pizza place we went to that charged $20.00 for a plain, large, cheese pizza. In town they DO have a Wal-mart, but it is just a generic Wal-mart... Not a "Super Wal-mart." So when you enter youmay be looking for a deli, bakery, grocery store - you won't find it. The center doesn't have that luxury... You will be able to find electronics, clothes, and very basic food "staples" - Soooo if you are going to eat out, just know that it may run a little high in price.
All in all, for what it's worth, the hotel was a great deal and better than good. The surrounding area (attractions) were intresting. We had a decent time and would more than likely do it again.
Hope you found this informative and good/safe travels............
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Santa Fe Sage Inn is an excellent choice for affordable lodging in downtown Santa Fe. The hotel offers 145 attractive, comfortable rooms with free amenities including a "Healthy Start" breakfast, exercise facility, guest laundry, wireless high-speed internet and downtown shuttle services. The Santa Fe Sage Inn is located only six blocks from the historic plaza and across the street from the Railyard Park dining and shopping district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Santa Fe Sage Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Fe Sage Hotel Santa Fe
- Sage Inn
- Santa Fe Sage Inn New Mexico