“Great Service”

Ranked #29 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
NM
“Great Service”
Reviewed 1 February 2010

Devin was a great help to our group, very friendly also. We came in Santa Fe hoping to get all our rooms together and he did a great job in a very short time. Thank you Devin.

Marcena Thompson, Sherry Blake, Jerry Reynolds, Paul & August Garcia
Farmer's Market, Chaparral, NM

1 Thank marcenath

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Korean first
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed 31 January 2010

The staff at the Sage Inn is wonderful. Front desk was pleasant and helpful and housekeeping was very good. The bed was very comfortable, the water pressure in the shower was great, wifi was free and had a strong signal and the rooms were very clean. This is by no means a luxury hotel, but it is a great deal for being close to the plaza and away from the chain brands on Cerrillos.

1 Thank dogmama
Davenport, IA
Reviewed 30 January 2010

Front desk was very accommodating - I couldn't get there on the originally planned date due to my flight being canceled, so they did not charge my first night! Location was alright, near enough to Old Town Santa Fe. What is unique about this hotel is its ambience - very Southwestern, very cozy. I enjoyed the set-up of the breakfast room, complete with a fireplace, and some books to read. Room was clean and well-maintained, but it was smaller than other hotel rooms of the same category. Staff were friendly and cheerful. Over-all a good stay.

• Stayed January 2010
2 Thank Joe_Martin516
Colorado Springs
Reviewed 27 January 2010

One day at work, I had gotten a proverbial "wild hair", and decided that I was going to take the family for a short vacation over the weekend. I had looked up several hotels in the Santa Fe area, and most if not all were out of our projected price-range for what I wanted to do. I DID, however, notice an ad for the Sage Inn in Santa Fe that had caught my eye. It was an internet offer, but the front desk was able to accomadate me over the phone and honored the price listed. To say that I was quite skeptical, at first, is an understatement. However, with the price that the hotel offered, I decided to "roll the dice" and take my chances.

To get to the hotel, there is a bit of traffic that one must fight. Most of the roads, or the major road in the Santa Fe area, are three lanes. While traffic might be dense at times, most of the drivers were actually somewhat courteous. This was a HUGE difference from what I am normally used to.

Once we arrived at the hotel, on the outside, it wasn't much to look at.... So far you may be asking, "Ok so when does the 'good review start?" We got the electronic keys to our room and found that while the room was a little small, it was more than accomadating. There were two queen sized beds, a tv, working a/c - heater, the bathrooms were clean, and you could even rent out a dorm-style fridge if you were going to be there for an extended amount of time.

The hotel does offer shuttle service to all points in the Santa Fe area; however, since we did not want to be "that family" that had to depend on someone else for a ride, we took our jeep to the city's municipal parking area. The fee was about $2.00 an hour for parking. Not too bad when you consider that we were able to come and go as we pleased. The hotel is situated about 6 blocks or so from the "heart of tourism" for the Santa Fe area. Since we traveled in January, it wasn't quite warm enough to be able to just go for a walk and enjoy the town. I am quite sure though that in the Spring and Fall it would make for a wonderful little excersion.

Now on a side note, nothing to do with the hotel itself, there are alot of little shops to enjoy. Be aware that when you enter, the staff will tell you that they can "cut you a deal", and chances are they can, but as we all know... when it comes time for a sale (most if not all) items tend to be marked up anyways. The businesses that you can dine at tend to be expensive... I won't mention any names, but there was one pizza place we went to that charged $20.00 for a plain, large, cheese pizza. In town they DO have a Wal-mart, but it is just a generic Wal-mart... Not a "Super Wal-mart." So when you enter youmay be looking for a deli, bakery, grocery store - you won't find it. The center doesn't have that luxury... You will be able to find electronics, clothes, and very basic food "staples" - Soooo if you are going to eat out, just know that it may run a little high in price.

All in all, for what it's worth, the hotel was a great deal and better than good. The surrounding area (attractions) were intresting. We had a decent time and would more than likely do it again.

Hope you found this informative and good/safe travels............

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank USArmy_Vet_AKA_Medic
New York
Reviewed 22 January 2010

A friend and I stayed here while driving cross country in Nov 2009. I was skeptical when we first pulled up, but that went away as soon as we were being checked in. This place is awesome and it doesn't cost and arm & a leg.
The rooms are basic and not huge, but charmingly decorated and clean, with free internet. They offer a great free breakfast, and a free shuttle bus that will take you where you want to go. They also have a few computers in the lobby for guests to use.
The staff is outstanding, friendly, and will go the extra mile to help you and answer any questions you have.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank DH2770
Brooklyn
Reviewed 18 January 2010

The Sage Inn is lovely. It's a little bit removed from the main part of town, but the staff are very friendly and helpful and the place is clean and comfy. A great bargain; great peace of mind.

1 Thank BeebeeBrooklyn
Dallas
Reviewed 17 January 2010

My wife and I were very satisfied with Sage Inn at Santa Fe. We got a great ski package deal thru the Sage Inn and were a little worried about what to expect since we got such a great price; $199 for two nights PLUS two ALL day Santa Fe ski tickets!! We wanted to ski at least 3 days so we booked 3 ski packages thru Sage Inn during the Christmas week (you do have to pay in advance $102 non-refundable deposits for each 2 night/ski package). Well we were VERY pleased to say the least. The room we were in was clean but plain in style since the hotel buildings were probably built in the 80's... and they may of originally been apartments (but I could be wrong). Anyway, they seem to have their act together for an Inn with NO unpleasant surprises. Included with anyone's stay was a basic (continental breakfast) that was way more than you would get at most big chain hotels. Free parking and with laundry, ice, computer, etc. The location was a surprise too, it was about a mile from the town square and most important near a lot of good restaurants and that long road up the mountain to the ski resort. There's really not much to say about the place except that we really enjoyed the price (ski package) and NOT having any unpleasant surprises! Since we book 3 separate 2 night/ski packages (they couldn't combine them into a single 6 night stay reservation) they were suppose to (per the manager) print us out our charges after each 2 night stays (but we didn't know this)... when it came to check out the desk clerk didn't have our bill itemized (since we had those prior non-refundable deposits) like we would of hoped... but they did charge us correctly and the manager was very friendly and real helpful! This is my first review (as you can probably tell) I've ever written for a hotel or anything. We've done a lot of traveling (my wife and I), been to a lot of places, Cozumel, Cabo, Purerto Vallarta, Belize, several Royal Caribbean cruises plus a lot more and so I finally site down and write a review on this place. LOL. Oh, the skiing in Santa Fe is better than Taos, I skied there last year... over priced and crowded! Try Cowgirl BBQ they are well priced and it's not all BBQ.

Tim & Pennie P.