“Good value”

Ranked #29 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Colorado Springs
“Good value”
Reviewed 25 February 2010

My wife and I stayed here on our way through Santa Fe for just one night. The hotel was clean, and the rooms were recently remodeled. It's a good place to stay for one night and the price is very reasonalble even for Santa Fe.
The exterior sidewalks and surrondings are worn and ready for work however.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TonyColorado

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Korean first
Sandusky
Reviewed 22 February 2010

This Hotel is a sleeper. For the price you can't beat the rooms and the service is outstanding. In this day and age it is so nice to have someone be there for every questions with an immediate response in such a polite fashion. Cudo's to the staff. Our room was comfortable & clean. For the price it couldn't be beat. Breakfast was OK but their donuts were outstanding. The best I have had in years. Stayed 2 nights and would definitely stay again. Within walking distance to downtown Sante Fe and restaurants. Great value.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mhttjt
Grants
Reviewed 16 February 2010

I was very pleased with every aspect of my stay at the Sage Inn. Every member of the staff was friendly every time I saw one of them. I spent 18 days on a business trip and being away from home is never real fun for me, but the staff here helped make the stay bearable. The room was clean and very nice. The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job! I asked a question of the front desk clerk one night and he went way out of his way to find me an answer.

2 Thank craig_vandiver
NM
Reviewed 1 February 2010

Devin was a great help to our group, very friendly also. We came in Santa Fe hoping to get all our rooms together and he did a great job in a very short time. Thank you Devin.

Marcena Thompson, Sherry Blake, Jerry Reynolds, Paul & August Garcia
Farmer's Market, Chaparral, NM

1 Thank marcenath
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed 31 January 2010

The staff at the Sage Inn is wonderful. Front desk was pleasant and helpful and housekeeping was very good. The bed was very comfortable, the water pressure in the shower was great, wifi was free and had a strong signal and the rooms were very clean. This is by no means a luxury hotel, but it is a great deal for being close to the plaza and away from the chain brands on Cerrillos.

1 Thank dogmama
Davenport, IA
Reviewed 30 January 2010

Front desk was very accommodating - I couldn't get there on the originally planned date due to my flight being canceled, so they did not charge my first night! Location was alright, near enough to Old Town Santa Fe. What is unique about this hotel is its ambience - very Southwestern, very cozy. I enjoyed the set-up of the breakfast room, complete with a fireplace, and some books to read. Room was clean and well-maintained, but it was smaller than other hotel rooms of the same category. Staff were friendly and cheerful. Over-all a good stay.

• Stayed January 2010
2 Thank Joe_Martin516
Colorado Springs
Reviewed 27 January 2010

One day at work, I had gotten a proverbial "wild hair", and decided that I was going to take the family for a short vacation over the weekend. I had looked up several hotels in the Santa Fe area, and most if not all were out of our projected price-range for what I wanted to do. I DID, however, notice an ad for the Sage Inn in Santa Fe that had caught my eye. It was an internet offer, but the front desk was able to accomadate me over the phone and honored the price listed. To say that I was quite skeptical, at first, is an understatement. However, with the price that the hotel offered, I decided to "roll the dice" and take my chances.

To get to the hotel, there is a bit of traffic that one must fight. Most of the roads, or the major road in the Santa Fe area, are three lanes. While traffic might be dense at times, most of the drivers were actually somewhat courteous. This was a HUGE difference from what I am normally used to.

Once we arrived at the hotel, on the outside, it wasn't much to look at.... So far you may be asking, "Ok so when does the 'good review start?" We got the electronic keys to our room and found that while the room was a little small, it was more than accomadating. There were two queen sized beds, a tv, working a/c - heater, the bathrooms were clean, and you could even rent out a dorm-style fridge if you were going to be there for an extended amount of time.

The hotel does offer shuttle service to all points in the Santa Fe area; however, since we did not want to be "that family" that had to depend on someone else for a ride, we took our jeep to the city's municipal parking area. The fee was about $2.00 an hour for parking. Not too bad when you consider that we were able to come and go as we pleased. The hotel is situated about 6 blocks or so from the "heart of tourism" for the Santa Fe area. Since we traveled in January, it wasn't quite warm enough to be able to just go for a walk and enjoy the town. I am quite sure though that in the Spring and Fall it would make for a wonderful little excersion.

Now on a side note, nothing to do with the hotel itself, there are alot of little shops to enjoy. Be aware that when you enter, the staff will tell you that they can "cut you a deal", and chances are they can, but as we all know... when it comes time for a sale (most if not all) items tend to be marked up anyways. The businesses that you can dine at tend to be expensive... I won't mention any names, but there was one pizza place we went to that charged $20.00 for a plain, large, cheese pizza. In town they DO have a Wal-mart, but it is just a generic Wal-mart... Not a "Super Wal-mart." So when you enter youmay be looking for a deli, bakery, grocery store - you won't find it. The center doesn't have that luxury... You will be able to find electronics, clothes, and very basic food "staples" - Soooo if you are going to eat out, just know that it may run a little high in price.

All in all, for what it's worth, the hotel was a great deal and better than good. The surrounding area (attractions) were intresting. We had a decent time and would more than likely do it again.

Hope you found this informative and good/safe travels............

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family