“Very relaxing stay”

Eldorado Hotel & Spa
Ranked #18 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is a charming boutique hotel in downtown Santa Fe. It's a very relaxed environment. I visited the spa and thought it was amazing. You can also walk to the Georgia O'Keefe art gallery and to top rated restaurants nearby. The staff was really responsive and did their best to ensure that I was comfortable. For example, there weren't any towels in my room when I arrived by they brought some by right away when I called the front desk.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CAGirl411
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for the kind words. We try our hardest to make sure all our guests are satisfied!

There are newer reviews for Eldorado Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I was here last week for a business meeting and stayed at the Eldorado and found it to be a nice hotel. The room was spacious with a very comfortable bed and pillows.The staff was friendly. The lobby area was nice. I had meetings in some of the meeting rooms and they were very good as well. I am not sure if the room was a good value since I didn't pay for my stay, but I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quality place to stay in Santa Fe.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin G
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

It is always a great day when we have someone speak so favorably about our hotel. We thank you for taking time out of your busy day to enlighten others about your stay and quality of our property.

Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel with spacious rooms close to the downtown. Quiet. The service was generally good and the staff super friendly, but the attention to detail and excellence just not there. My room service breakfast dishes sat outside my door for 36 hours (no exaggeration!!!) despite the housekeeper moving them AND me calling the front desk after 12 hours to say that it was rather unsightly! The bathroom floor under the sink had garbage and lots of hair and dust. Ugh! Thank goodness I found that the last morning. This place could be a total winner with more diligent management

• Stayed: October 2013
6  Thank BeulahBehemoth
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for the detailed response. Be assured that is always our goal to provide the exceptional quality service you expect. I am sorry to hear of the troubles you experienced. Rest assured we will attend to these issues right away so your next stay is 100% perfect. We only get better with feedback to guide us.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Just a quick update since my last review. Returned to the Eldorado and was surprised by the gift of fresh fruit in my room. Nice touch and glad to have picked them again for my stay in Santa Fe. Since my last visit they have added a breakfast buffet - that is simply excellent. Luckily the hotel has a great gym so any extra pounds gain are quickly lost. Friendly efficient service has meant this is now my fourth stay there in 12 months ! Well done Eldorado team!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank COPTHALL

I am happy to see we have made a great impression during your stay. It is always a pleasure to welcome back repeat guests.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

There are not supposed to be any "free lunches" but the Eldorado came close for us this past Friday. The ambiance in the dining room is exquisite- marvelous native american pottery, murals and collages- the hamburger "special " which included a delicious salad and sweet potato fries
was more than we could eat, Above all, our server " Hooper" was so refined yet friendly and engaged us in a conversation about the merits of living in Santa Fe. Hooper is a real credit to the Eldorado- we lingered , chatted and really did not want to leave. We shall return this oasis. Ooops and I almost forgot to mention the bill came to 10.00 for both of us- even if it is only on Friday it is close to a free lunch. Dr. Steve and Gloria Weisz, Atlanta, Georgia

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Steve w

I am sure the Food and Beverage Team is proud to hear such a great response about your visit. Thank you sending us a response and thank you for visiting.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stay there every year for Christmas and the New Year. Rooms are terrific, Staff is incredible, Restaurants remarkable with superior service. They make traveling with teens fun and memorable. Returning for the 10th year!

Room Tip: Room with fireplace.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank trisha a

Great to have you back year after year. Thank you for making the Eldorado Hotel & Spa your home away from home.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We checked into our room which was beautiful but there was splintered glass on the carpet and I stepped onto one and cut my foot. We called the front desk to ask for a first-aid kit. We had to call them a second time to follow-up and then only did they move us to another room and offered to pay for our dinner which we had at the hotel earlier. But broken glass on the carpet of an upscale hotel is quite unacceptable. In retrospect, I should have been more assertive, but we were on a short visit and had a long itinerary. Anyways, I think the management should have followed up with this and offered me a complimentary spa treatment or at least come check on me to see if I was okay-- afterall I was on vacation, who would expect to cut one's foot on broken glass in a decent hotel??

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
16  Thank Gee I

Thank you for taking the the time to review our hotel. It is unfortunate that you had such an experience. It is unacceptable to have something like this happen. I sincerely apologize and have contacted our Houskeeping Team in regards to this item. Your feedback is very important and will not go unnoticed.