“Best Affordable Hotel in Santa Fe!”

El Dorado Hotel & Spa
Ranked #18 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Scottsdake, AZ
“Best Affordable Hotel in Santa Fe!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This hotel gets better with time....Renovated rooms and bathrooms show attention to comfort and modern facilities. Service is amazingly helpful and welcoming. The Old House Restaurant is consistently good and service is superb. Location is perfect to browse the Plaza area and enjoy Santa Fe at its heart.

Room Tip: Higher rooms on the north side are quieter
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank miner53
Gabriel G, Guest Relations Manager at El Dorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
I am very happy to hear feedback from our guests that we continue to improve and grow as Santa Fe's favorite hotel. We look forward to your next visit to Santa Fe and I hope you reach out to us to ensure you have another great experience.
Best Regards,
Gabriel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
Calumet, Michigan
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The first night of my stay, I was delighted with the fruit plate and bottled water delivered to my room. I have special dietary needs, so this was perfect for me. It is always difficult, when I travel, to easily find the foods I need to eat, as I avoid most meat, dairy, grains and processed, heated oils. This leaves me hunting for fresh fruits and vegetables in large volume. Eldorado did better than most places I have stayed, and offers some nice fruit and vegetable options. I tend to not be as assertive as I'd like to make my needs known, so, I would appreciate it if hotels could emphasize more strongly a desire to meet special needs. I believe Eldorado would have gone overboard to accommodate, had I been more vocal, but again, it would have been nice for that service to be emphasized more. Great hotel, I would come back for sure.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Retti W
Gabriel G, Guest Relations Manager at El Dorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Our Food and Beverage managers will be pleased to hear that your dietary needs were met upon arrival to your room. Your are correct in saying that we would go above and beyond to accommodate your, or any guest's, dietary needs when we can. It's what we do daily.
Please reach out to us when you are in Santa Fe as we would ensure your dietary needs are accommodated to the best of our ability.
Kind Regards,
Gabe
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Spent a full week at this grand hotel... was in Santa Fe for two photographic workshops with a couple of extra days added to enjoy the sights... concierge was fantastic not only with suggestions on what to see and how to get there but she also rearranged my viewing of the Georgia O'keeffe's Abiquiu home as I had inadvertently pressed the wrong button while booking on line but did not notice... so luckily I was able to be accommodated for the viewing... also she facilitated renting a car right from the hotel for a day and provided the directions to get me to Abiquiu... enjoyed the green chillies in the food in the restaurant and bar areas... in all had a great rewarding combination of holiday and workshop... the check out front desk woman was a little cranky that day but again the concierge saved the day and reconfirmed my shuttle service to the airport... all concierge's deserve accolades especially this one...

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view on a higher level...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank mailaka
It sounds like you really enjoyed your time in the Land of Enchantment! Thank you for letting us know how well our Concierge conducted themselves and took care of you during your stay.
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the not so caring service from the agent. Our expectations are to provide excellent service to every guest, every time. We seemed to have fallen short at the desk and this opportunity will allow us to conduct further training.
Thank you again and we'll see you soon,
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Staff = amazing!
Location = amazing!
Food = amazing!
Margaritas = amazing!

This place is awesome! Everything is in walking distance. Try the 28 day dry aged ribeye and a Picante margarita. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Ray2white
Gabriel G, Guest Relations Manager at El Dorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
The aged Ribeye is one of my favorite entrees on the menu. I'm glad to hear you joined us at the Old House and treated yourself to a delicious dinner. Please come back and visit us real soon!
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Centrally located within easy walking distance to the major points of interest in the city. Spacious and very well equipped for conventions, conferences etc. Staff are very helpful and go out of their way to resolve any problems that might occur. Beautiful large open area off the lobby which is ideal for a cocktail party. Rooms are comfortable, clean and spacious.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Spike1947
Gabriel G, Guest Relations Manager at El Dorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
It is guests like you who remind us why we are in this industry, creating an experience. I hope we did that for you.
Thank you for the kind words and recognizing our associates. They work hard to ensure guests enjoy their time at the Eldorado.
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We visited Santa Fe in December and stayed at the Eldorado Hotel and Spa. The hotel was lovely. The staff was first-rate: very helpful and accommodating. The concierge went above and beyond helping us find things to do in the city and coming up with ideas for things to do with our 5 year old son.
Our room was very large; it had a kitchen area and balcony. It was a great space to stretch out and relax for our 5 days there. There was also a kiva fireplace. If you pay the extra money to have a fireplace, know that the weather can play a role as to whether or not your fireplace can be lit. We had snow and wind while we were there and could not light the fireplace for the first 3 nights. I have read other reviews that some had issues with the staff not coming timely enough to light their fireplaces; we did not have this issue. Yes, the staff does have to light the fireplace for you, but during our stay they were very prompt. Due to the high winds outside, we even had an issue where the smoke began to come back into our room. We had to vacate our room due to all of the smoke, and the staff was very helpful in getting us moved promptly to a new room.
I have no complaints about this hotel. Enjoyed our breakfasts at the restaurant and they have quite an extensive art collection throughout the halls on the first floor. Valet service was exceptional as well.
This hotel is within walking distance to the downtown area. Had it not been so cold during our stay, we could have walked all the way to the market that they have on the weekend. Would definitely stay at the Eldorado again!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mrm1008
We are always grateful to hear such positive feedback on our customer service and that our guests enjoyed their time with us at the Eldorado. It's how we know we are doing something right and to continue to improve on our service.
Please reach out to us next time you come to Santa Fe. We would love to see you again!
Los Lunas, New Mexico
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Beautiful Hotel, lots of room,
Stay on the 5th floor for the view and enjoy the roof top pool and hot tub spa.
Right in the plaza area close to all the great shopping, restaurant's and take the free shuttle to and from the train it leaves every 15 minutes to take you all around this area.
E

Room Tip: 5th floor facing the sunset.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank puppymama2014
We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us in Santa Fe! We are lucky to be located so close to the Plaza. I hope to see you again when you return to Santa Fe.