“Wonderful, Relaxing, Spa”

Eldorado Hotel & Spa
Ranked #21 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This spa was friendly and not snooty as many I have found in my travels. From the minute I made my appointment, to walking through the door, I felt welcomed and immediately began to relax. The facilities are beautiful, well organized and again, providing a very peaceful environment.

I treated myself to a hot stone, deep tissue massage, that I believe was the best I have ever had. My therapist, Keith was very professional and attentive to my concerns of painful areas that needed "work". He did a great job!

My only regret is that I live on the East Coast, otherwise I would be here once a week!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Condocat
Lisa D, Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for your review! I am so glad we met all your expectations. Keith is a wonderful therapist and I will be sure to share your review with him. Please visit us again next time you are in New Mexico!
Lisa Downey
Spa Director @ Nidah Spa
Eldorado Hotel and Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (1,428)

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Eldorado Hotel is a very updated and excellent hotel. Check in process was very easy, they have a parking garage for your car and room service was very good. All around, I was very satisfied with my stay. Wifi in the room worked very well.

My only criticism was that the business center was not working. I tried both computers and could not login. The staff tried to help me, but there wasn't much they could do. At any hotel, it is tough to rely on a business center and was able to meet my needs elsewhere. The staff were very friendly and helpful and did offer to print out something if possible.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
SFDap, Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Thomasby,
Thank you for tasking the time to review us. I am really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you have found your hotel of choice when visiting Santa Fe. I apologize for the issues in the business center. We will be switching out all the equipment and will be upgrading our services for all of our guests here shortly.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is an older hotel (as most are in the downtown area of Santa Fe). At check in, I waited quite a while in line while one person was helping the family before me. There were 2-3 other staff milling around, but no one offered to check me in. The hotel also charges $24 for parking (in comparison, La Fonda charges $15 for parking). You can park across the street in a parking garage for a little less. The lobby is pretty but does not reflect the quality of the rooms. The rooms were OK, maybe something like a La Quinta. The room we had was dark and overlooked the roof. The bathroom was nothing special and the shower seemed to be an insert which is built over an existing shower. Its not what you would expect for nearly $300/night. The one positive thing I can say about this is room is that the bed was very comfortable. We also enjoyed being only a block or two from downtown which is why I believe the hotel can charge the amount of money it does. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room above the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kamjan

Dear kamjam,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review regarding the Eldorado Hotel and Spa. I am sorry that you concerns with your experience with us. We will be addressing a lot of your concerns in our upcoming renovations to our guest rooms and public areas. I would love to have the opportunity to speak to you further regarding your stay with us. My direct number at the hotel is 505 995-4522. My hope is that you will give us another chance so that we may provide you with the level of service that you expect from a hotel like ours.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The accommodations at the Eldorado Hotel and Spa were clean and comfortable with a very accommodating staff. The hotel is dog friendly and has a lively bar. The best part of the hotel is it's location, only a couple of blocks from the Santa Fe square which has nightly entertainment during the summer.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear JIB2014,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am glad to hear that you have found your hotel of choice for your visits to Santa Fe. I hope that you can return in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had a wonderful stay here, comfortable room, and the location is wonderful! Located at the edge of downtown & perfect walking distance to everything in that area, we loved the location of the hotel. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear EVEllis,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I had a conference at this hotel- which has seen some better days. Justin is the front desk supervisor and is the epitome of graciousness and hospitality; however, many of the other front desk and concierge personnel need some additional training. A new housekeeper, Edward B., also had customer service in mind and will go far in the business.

The breakfast in the restaurant is amazing - and worth the price. Be sure to ask for a children's menu if you have kids- they don't bring it automatically and we didn't find out until the last day.

The rest of the food supplied for the conference was lacking in variety and taste. The rooms are tired looking (we had an upgrade which was spacious, but be careful of lighting a fire in the room- the chimney is probably not maintained well and we had some back smoke). The location is good with easy access to other restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Karin23320
SFDap, Manager at Eldorado Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Karin23320,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. I am so glad that we had a few of our staff members exceed your expectation. We are having a housekeeping meeting today and I am so glad that I will be able to share this with the team and Edward B. I am also happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed the breakfast. We are planning to update the hotel in the lobby and common areas but also in the guest rooms in the upcoming months. I hope that you will return to visit us again in the not so distant future so see our changes.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Very nice hotel only a block from the plaza. Beautifully decorated rooms with lots of amenities. There is a nice restaurant in the lobby and spa services which we did not use. The location, however, is fabulous.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear gbwcs,
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you found the location to be fabulous. I am also glad that you liked the Old House restaurant. I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Eldorado Hotel and Spa in the not so distant future.