Surprised about all the other reviews on Garrett's because when you book at the price you should know what you are getting. If those people want to spend $ 400 a night or more to stay across from the Plaza go ahead ! I would definintely stay there again. Three blocks from the plaza..the price was right. Place puts you back and makes you feel as though you are in the 1960's and Frank Sinatra is performing that evening. The pool scene is totally retro. The plus is the location and the employees, ( Robert to be exact could not have been more wonderful ). Complaints about $ 8.00 parking ??? That was a bargain ! Some hotels are charging three or four times that now a days. Another great thing about the location are the surrounding restaurants as you walk away from the Plaza area. A great selection that allow you quite a bit of choice just a few blocks away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Garrett's Desert Inn - a Santa Fe motel in the heart of town. ~ A Route 66 Santa Fe Motel right in heart of Santa Fe, sitting three blocks from the end of the Santa Fe Trail. Now under new management since Oct 2013. Serious downtown value. ~ a classic Route 66 "motor-court" motel with front of the room parking, has been the go-to bargain accommodations for downtown Santa Fe. ~ with the famous "Bite" all-day restaurant featuring its renowned "Best of Santa Fe" burgers and malts. ~ one of the most affordable pet friendly Santa Fe hotels, ~ heated swimming pool and plenty of sun open late May to late September. ~ three blocks or less to 1. The Plaza 2. Palace of the Governors 3. Cathedral and its chiming bells 4. Loretto Chapel 5. The three downtown museums 6. Canyon Road and its 80 plus galleries - a visual feast of a walk 7. Oldest house in Santa Fe 8. Forty - yes 40- restaurants. ~ Right by the end of the Santa Fe trail. ~ Imagine what has passed us by. We're not fancy - we're "right there - in the heart of it" Locally owned since 1957. Giving Back with Every Stay It is our mission to support non-profits by hosting community environmental and political groups, book readings, lectures, meetings, yoga, and meditation - - the essence of living here in Santa Fe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Garrett's Desert Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garrett`s Desert Hotel Santa Fe
- Garretts Desert Hotel
- Garretts Desert Santa Fe
- Garrett's Desert Inn Santa Fe, New Mexico