For the price, the location of this hotel is good. That's about all it has going for it. The room is dated, and our bathroom had all types of hair all over the place--none from us. We had reservations for 2 nights. Went to breakfast after the first night and returned to the room. They did not make our beds or do anything to the room besides laying new towels on a dingy chair near the bathroom. We immediately checked out--not worth paying $$ for only location. They need to renovate, and if they insist on charging parking fees for guests, I would suggest including it in the price of the room instead of an add-on. This place definitely has potential, but obviously doesn't have the management to get it where it should be. I gave it 2 stars solely based on location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Garrett's Desert Inn - a Santa Fe motel in the heart of town. ~ A Route 66 Santa Fe Motel right in heart of Santa Fe, sitting three blocks from the end of the Santa Fe Trail. Now under new management since Oct 2013. Serious downtown value. ~ a classic Route 66 "motor-court" motel with front of the room parking, has been the go-to bargain accommodations for downtown Santa Fe. ~ with the famous "Bite" all-day restaurant featuring its renowned "Best of Santa Fe" burgers and malts. ~ one of the most affordable pet friendly Santa Fe hotels, ~ heated swimming pool and plenty of sun open late May to late September. ~ three blocks or less to 1. The Plaza 2. Palace of the Governors 3. Cathedral and its chiming bells 4. Loretto Chapel 5. The three downtown museums 6. Canyon Road and its 80 plus galleries - a visual feast of a walk 7. Oldest house in Santa Fe 8. Forty - yes 40- restaurants. ~ Right by the end of the Santa Fe trail. ~ Imagine what has passed us by. We're not fancy - we're "right there - in the heart of it" Locally owned since 1957. Giving Back with Every Stay It is our mission to support non-profits by hosting community environmental and political groups, book readings, lectures, meetings, yoga, and meditation - - the essence of living here in Santa Fe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Garrett's Desert Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garrett`s Desert Hotel Santa Fe
- Garretts Desert Hotel
- Garretts Desert Santa Fe
- Garrett's Desert Inn Santa Fe, New Mexico