Garrett's Desert Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
Inn of the Five Graces(Santa Fe)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
All reviewssanta fe biteparking feedressing arealoretto chapelexcellent locationart galleriesdowntown arearoom was clean and comfortableeasy walkplazafixturesratescanyongovernors
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Though a motel type facility, the staff and rooms were great for our needs. One block from Loretto Chapel and two blocks from St. Francis Church. Walking distance to everything. Could do with just a little updating but the beds and linens were very comfortable. Meant to ask what kind of pillows are used because I was ready to take them home. Filming going on while we were there but the staff did everything possible to make sure we were not disturbed. I'm bad with names so can't remember name of female manager that helped us but she was awesome. Overall, excellent location, excellent price, excellent staff.

Room Tip: Stay on top floor so you don't hear people walking around.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

This Route 66 style motel is clean and need of rehabbing with exterior carpeting and outside trim. Overall a very good value and excellent proximity to the galleries and plaza. The parking lot fee of $8 per day if you are not a guest is very reasonable for this property.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Cystokid
Reviewed 8 February 2013

We have stayed in Santa Fe on several occasions but never at Garrett’s. I’ve always expected to pay a lot for a hotel room in the downtown Plaza area but we were delightfully surprised to find this little gem. Not only is it in the heart of downtown the prices were Fantastic. This Hotel is not the "Ritz" but our room was very clean and comfortable and the staff was very informed and helpful from the time we checked in till the day we checked out. The café had great food not to mention amazing pastries. I know where we’re staying when we return.

Room Tip: From what i experience no matter what room you were in it quiet and private.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank irene m
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Garrett's Desert Inn had been recommended by a Santa Fe merchant during our last trip. It's location on the edge of downtown was appealing and certainly the prices seemed like a deal. When we arrived at our Junior Suite room, we were very disappointed to find our mini-fridge unplugged and moldy. There was glitter and confetti on the floors, indicating the carpets had not been thoroughly cleaned. We asked for another room, and the hotel was accommodating. Unfortunately our substitute room, while cleaner, wasn't much better. The furnishings are old and shabby. The linens are thread-bare, the pillows are well past their prime, and the mattress was sunken in the middle. Although we had planned on staying five nights, we checked out after two nights. If you are staying just one night, or are here for business, the place might be okay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
21  Thank Greg B
Reviewed 25 January 2013

It is right beside the main tourist area, so you know it's going to be more expensive. I stayed on a Saturday night, making the price higher. I didn't see any tour buses, so I assume everyone there drove, so I don't understand why I would have to pay extra for parking in their lot. I was getting tired so instead of driving to a different place I checked in.
It's a bit older, everything was in good shape. Bed was comfortable. I asked for an upper level room for a bit more quiet. Has an attached restaurant (although you are surrounded by restaurants in that area). I also think I saw an exercise room and pool.
The second night I drove out to the suburbs to get a cheaper place. (Santa Fe is not that big, so it didn't take long).

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Brian M, General Manager at Garrett's Desert Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

All Hotels in DownTown Santa Fe charge for parking since it is very limited and at a premium. We have one of the lowest parking rates which range from $8/day (our rate) to $32/day.