My husband and I recently traveled to Santa Fe for a wedding with our one-year old son. We didn't want to rent a car, so accessibility to the downtown was important. We were able to walk everywhere from the hotel including the Canyon Road section. When we arrived late at night after a long day of traveling, the desk clerk Brian told us our reservation through Expedia had been cancelled. Seeing the baby and our faces, he immediately told us not to worry and said he could get us a room. We ended up getting a better rate since I am military and we were in a room in no time. The hotel itself was lovely, with a spacious room big enough for the pack n' play they provided us. The only thing the room needed, for us anyway, was a refrigerator for my son's milk. We made due with the ice bucket. There is an outdoor pool if you go when it is warm enough. The daily breakfast buffet was included as part of our package and was wonderful: a mix of the staple hot foods (eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, french toast, oatmeal) as well as cereals, lots of fresh fruit (which was actually ripe and sweet), yogurt, bagels, toast, lox, fresh squeezed oj. It was such a pleasure each morning. What struck me most however, was how accommodating the staff was to our needs with a toddler. One night when it was raining and we didn't want to leave the hotel for dinner, they were serving in the bar area. Not wanting to disturb the other customers dinners, we asked if we could be served in an unused indoor courtyard area adjacent to the restaurant. They obliged and our waiter Jeff even cut off the crusts of the grilled cheese sandwhich and brought out some fruit for my son right after we ordered so he could eat right away (all without us asking.) Also, the last morning we stayed we had to catch an early flight and the shuttle was to pick us up at 6:30 am. The restaurant for breakfast opened at 6:30 so we would miss breakfast that day, but we asked the staff the day before and arranged it so we could eat at 6:15. We managed to catch the shuttle AND leave with a full stomach before our long day of travel. It was so above and beyond what I would expect a hotel chain to do. Would highly recommend staying here and would definitely stay there again should we return to Santa Fe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 2 blocks from the famous Historic Plaza, the Hilton is one of the best hotels in downtown Santa Fe. Not many hotels near Santa Fe, NM can compete with our excellent service and amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza Hotel Santa Fe
- Hilton Hotel Santa Fe
- Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza New Mexico