“Great Location With Santa Fe Character and Hilton Quality”

Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza
Ranked #18 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Cool
“Great Location With Santa Fe Character and Hilton Quality”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

This is part of a continuing series of my impressions and experiences staying at various hotels and resorts while traveling to attend concerts worldwide. This stay was during my recent trip to Santa Fe, New Mexico in August 2014. This review is for Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza.

Property: Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico
Address: 100 Sandoval St, Santa Fe, NM 87501-2131
Phone: (855) 271-3621
Website: www.hilton.com
Room Type/Class: Standard (Room 218)
Date: August 5 - August 6, 2014
Booking Source: Direct
Overall Rating: 4/5 [Note: Score is totally subjective based on price, location, and comparison to "like" properties within same area and price range]

This stay was part of my recent Colorado-New Mexico-Arizona-California road trip, and I stayed for one night.

Since I was on a road trip, and I wasn't sure if I would make it all the way to Santa Fe leading up to this stay, I did not book in advance. I had actually booked a room en route on Hotwire, then called ahead to a different hotel and found that no one would be available to check me in late at night (after midnight), so I canceled that and I decided to try my luck just walking into a chain hotel.

I was a little familiar with Santa Fe and usually have good experiences with Hilton, so thought I would try the Hilton Santa Fe.

Walking in after hours, the place was empty except for one employee at the front desk who was very kind, helpful, and welcoming. Though there was no AAA rate available that night, he found me an even cheaper rate, so was very surprising to get such good service after midnight.

The room overlooked the pool, which was fine because I was going to be gone early the next morning anyway.

Overall, the room was of the Hilton standard with the amenities you would expect.

It is in a great location, as parking can be a challenge with all the tourism in that area, so you can see a lot of it walking from the hotel, which is nice.

The property itself fits in nicely, with that distinct Santa Fe look while remaining classy and upscale, with modern amenities.

They also have self-parking (which I prefer) which makes things a bit easier.

I would definitely return for a follow-up stay if I returned to Santa Fe.

Room Tip: Be sure to know that rooms could face pool or parking lot and request accordingly
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Rock-Subculture
Marcella-Vega, Front Office Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, 30 August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Korean first
Denver, United States
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My boyfriend and I used Hilton Honors points for a long weekend stay. We come down to Santa Fe yearly and this was our first time staying in the Plaza as we usually stay at Buffalo Thunder. We were both very pleased the hotel. The rooms we well appointed, the pool quiet and the perfect temperature and the location superb! It is a 2 minutes walk to the Plaza! The staff at the hotel were extremely helpful and friendly and worked hard to make sure you didn't have to wait long to check in and if you needed anything. As a Gold Member, we were upgraded to the Executive floor with access to the Executive Lounge, which was very nice. The hotel is also very quiet--perfect for a romantic getaway. We will stay here again our next time in Santa Fe.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

5 Thank Jennifer D
Marcella-Vega, Front Office Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for all of your comment. We appreciate all of your feedback and have shared it with our hotel staff.
We look forward to hosting you again soon at the Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza
Hirwaun, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The seventh and eighth nights of our Route 66 tour.
We had two nights at this fabulous hotel.
The rooms were spacious, comfortable and spotlessly clean.
Breakfast on both mornings was excellent with marvelous staff looking after you.
Sante Fe itself is a wonderful place with loads of history and well worth a visit.
Don't miss out on the Cowgirl bar just around the corner from the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank merlinaphirwaun
Marcella-Vega, Front Office Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you so much for your comments; we truly appreciate all of your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by the hotel and that you were able to walk to your destinations. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I've traveled to Santa Fe nearly one hundred times over 7 years for work. I've stayed at a dozen hotels there so have a good idea of what the city offers for accommodations. The Hotel is a higher end modern hotel for Santa Fe and is in great proximity to the old town square. Plenty of restaurants and shops to explore nearby. I always tried to book the Hilton first when going to Santa Fe.

CON: they now charge for parking in their lot.

TIP: There is a city ramp directly across the street that always has space and is cheaper than paying Hilton parking prices.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Jason H
Marcella-Vega, Front Office Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
We look forward to hosting you again soon at the Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 21 August 2014

great location to access downtown Santa Fe. Outstanding breakfast buffet and room service. Rooms are beginning to show their age. Santa Fe is a wonderful city. Great art galleries and indians selling their art work. Fantastic restaurants offering southwest cuisine and the best summer opera festival anywhere. The Hilton offers great access to all of this and the staff is very polite and helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

TEXAS
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is our second time visiting Santa Fe and I found the Hilton to be a great price and location. It also had the bonus of a large swimming pool 9ft deep pool that is hard to find in Santa Fe. It also had a nice spa and fireplace. It was very close to the plaza and it was only a block from Starbucks!! YAY! You can walk to shops & restaurants. I will definitely stay here next time we come to Santa Fe. I felt comfortable staying here with kids unlike some of the expensive boutique hotels that are really for couples or adults in my opinion.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

3 Thank MisShelly
Marcella-Vega, Front Office Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you so much for your comments; we truly appreciate all of your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by the hotel. We have shared your comments with our staff and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future at the Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Made last minute reservations after a bad experience at a prior hotel that we had to leave early. Staff was very kind and accommodating. Rooms recently renovated, yet charming. More of a boutique hotel and very surprising for a Hilton. Be sure to bring SMORES supplies for the kiddos.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms overlooking the pool if you want quiet
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank azito
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback.We hope to see you soon at the Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza