“discrimination” 1 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza
Ranked #18 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
“discrimination”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Very bad service, reception desk personal and managers. I will never put family and myself throughout that bad experience, my family and I got discriminated, I rent the room on a Friday night and I wanted, to rent for Saturday, reception personal say the computer didn't let them make the reservation for Saturday, they say they will have 10 rooms with bigger beds, and I can pay on saturday, on Saturday they say I have to leave the room and that they did have a room for us, either we leave or they will call the police, we end up coming back home my husband start to feel bad, his blood pressure and sugar levels got high.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Josie N
Marcella-Vega, Front Office Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza. We would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced, however because you arrived to the hotel without a reservation, it was confirmed that the hotel would have a room available for one night, but that we were not able to accommodate a second night at the hotel due to it being a sold out holiday weekend. We do pride ourselves on our service and I am sorry the we were unable to accommodate your request to stay at the hotel. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

Added a weekend in Santa Fe to a business trip I had in California. I decided to stay at the Hilton because I lived in Santa Fe for 10 years and knew the location. I decided to book an Executive Floor king room. I arrived about noon and my room was not ready. I knew checkin time was 3:00 but took a chance. The hotel is in an excellent location close to the plaza and railroad yards so there was no problem occupying the time until the room would be ready. Arrived back a bit before 3 and within a short period was told my room was ready. Checkin process was quick and easy. Room was spacious, clean, comfortable and air conditioning worked very well. Bathroom was in excellent condition. Great shower stall. Checked out Executive lounge. Very comfortable and stocked with snacks and soft drinks. Breakfast in the Lounge was plentiful too. Fitness Center is on the small side with a couple of pieces of equipment and free weights. Parking is easy, plentiful and not very expensive. Wifi is free in Executive Level rooms and in the lobby with very good connection. Checkout was very easy. If I return to Santa Fe I would definitely stay here again and recommend it.

Room Tip: Avoid choosing rooms close to reception because there is a lot of foot traffic passing by these room...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marcella-Vega, Front Office Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Thank you for all of your comment. We appreciate all of your feedback and have shared it with our hotel staff.
We look forward to hosting you again soon at the Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza
Roseland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

Great hotel. High end, clean, great location. Would definitely stay there again. Highly recommend. Location was walkable to the city center. No need for cab. The pool with fireplace was wonderful. Family friendly. It was my daughter and I and we enjoyed out stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Tara A N
Marcella-Vega, Front Office Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Thank you so much for your comments; we truly appreciate all of your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by the hotel. We hope to see you soon at the Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza.
Ridgeland, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

Located in THE Prime Location in Santa Fe at the end of a main street of shops, the Hilton Historic Plaza Hotel is Perfect! Out of the noisy main square but just a short walk away, rooms are quiet and a giant pinion wood burning fireplace is waiting to greet you as you walk in the front door. We always stay here at least once a year while shopping for Native American Silver jewelry, much of which is Museum Quality at very reasonable prices. So much to do in the area, too!

Room Tip: If you are not planning on going swimming, book a room away from the very nice pool located in the c...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank shchristy
We look forward to hosting you in the near future at the Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza
Englewood, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

This hotel is just of the square, and a few minutes walk to many of the museums, shops and restaurants. The rooms are immaculate, and this is one of the best hotel staffs I have ever encountered. It is definitely the only hotel I will book when we are there next.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hunter J
Thank you so much for your comments. We hope to see you soon at the Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza
Cool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

This is part of a continuing series of my impressions and experiences staying at various hotels and resorts while traveling to attend concerts worldwide. This stay was during my recent trip to Santa Fe, New Mexico in August 2014. This review is for Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza.

Property: Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico
Address: 100 Sandoval St, Santa Fe, NM 87501-2131
Phone: (855) 271-3621
Website: www.hilton.com
Room Type/Class: Standard (Room 218)
Date: August 5 - August 6, 2014
Booking Source: Direct
Overall Rating: 4/5 [Note: Score is totally subjective based on price, location, and comparison to "like" properties within same area and price range]

This stay was part of my recent Colorado-New Mexico-Arizona-California road trip, and I stayed for one night.

Since I was on a road trip, and I wasn't sure if I would make it all the way to Santa Fe leading up to this stay, I did not book in advance. I had actually booked a room en route on Hotwire, then called ahead to a different hotel and found that no one would be available to check me in late at night (after midnight), so I canceled that and I decided to try my luck just walking into a chain hotel.

I was a little familiar with Santa Fe and usually have good experiences with Hilton, so thought I would try the Hilton Santa Fe.

Walking in after hours, the place was empty except for one employee at the front desk who was very kind, helpful, and welcoming. Though there was no AAA rate available that night, he found me an even cheaper rate, so was very surprising to get such good service after midnight.

The room overlooked the pool, which was fine because I was going to be gone early the next morning anyway.

Overall, the room was of the Hilton standard with the amenities you would expect.

It is in a great location, as parking can be a challenge with all the tourism in that area, so you can see a lot of it walking from the hotel, which is nice.

The property itself fits in nicely, with that distinct Santa Fe look while remaining classy and upscale, with modern amenities.

They also have self-parking (which I prefer) which makes things a bit easier.

I would definitely return for a follow-up stay if I returned to Santa Fe.

Room Tip: Be sure to know that rooms could face pool or parking lot and request accordingly
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Rock-Subculture
Thank you so much for your comments; we truly appreciate all of your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by the hotel. We have shared your comments with our staff and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future
Denver, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

My boyfriend and I used Hilton Honors points for a long weekend stay. We come down to Santa Fe yearly and this was our first time staying in the Plaza as we usually stay at Buffalo Thunder. We were both very pleased the hotel. The rooms we well appointed, the pool quiet and the perfect temperature and the location superb! It is a 2 minutes walk to the Plaza! The staff at the hotel were extremely helpful and friendly and worked hard to make sure you didn't have to wait long to check in and if you needed anything. As a Gold Member, we were upgraded to the Executive floor with access to the Executive Lounge, which was very nice. The hotel is also very quiet--perfect for a romantic getaway. We will stay here again our next time in Santa Fe.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

5 Thank Jennifer D
Marcella-Vega, Front Office Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
We look forward to hosting you again soon at the Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza