“A wonderful week-long stay”

Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe
Ranked #7 of 36 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“A wonderful week-long stay”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We stayed at Las Palomas for seven nights. They allowed us to check in early and upgraded us from a suite to a second story casita. It was located in the Duran House, which has been made into a triplex. Our second story casita had two bedrooms, and the master had a wonderful window seat. It was so cozy and clean, and felt like a little townhome. The free breakfast was generous, and there were cookies and made to order coffee drinks all day. Las Palomas is a collection of condos and casitas spanning a block in a quiet neighborhood two blocks from the plaza. Highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank mariagloria
, Owner at Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we are all delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay. Many thanks!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Korean first
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I must admit that I am perplexed with the number of 5 stars for this hotel (B&B). Other than the breakfast and the included parking I see no reason to pick this hotel, unfortunately. We wanted to like this, but were glad we were too busy in the area to have to spend any time at the room/hotel.

Let the photos that I upload tell the picture. And for sure that is not a fireplace, but a wood burning stove in the room.

Also a note to the staff at front desk; "If you are going to upgrade 2 out of 3 couples standing in line, please do so discreetly please, it is embarrassing to be the only one that is not upgraded and ultimately creates bad will. This could have been done in a much more professional way.

Room Tip: Do not take room 25 for sure, I uploaded pics of that room. i would insist on a casita, hopefully th...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank linda w
, Owner at Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Your point concerning the upgrade issue is “well taken” and thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I am sorry to learn that you did not enjoy your stay, but note that you appear to sadly have been underwhelmed by the attractions in Santa Fe and your recent stay in Chicago was also a disappointment!! Ah well!! We can’t win them all!!
Dulce, NM
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We have stayed at las Palomas a couple times and found it welcoming, comfortable, quiet and charming. It is very much a Santa Fe style, and convenient for walking to many sites around the plaza. The breakfast is wonderful. It was the perfect place for meeting friends. We will defnintely return.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
, Owner at Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Thank you so very much for staying with us and your kind words are greatly appreciated!!
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I was a guest at Las Palomas from February 2nd till Mid May. I was there on business and the entire staff made me feel at home. They were wonderful from the moment I made my Reservation. Tina was helpful on the phone trying to suggest the correct room for a longterm business traveler. When I arrived at the normal 4:00 check in time, she had stayed late for my arrival to make sure I was given a room to my liking. They gave me 2 choices based on our phone conversation. They were continually accommodating to assure that I had the right room for me. I stayed in Pueblo in a 1 bedroom casita with a kitchen. It felt like a home away from home. After 3 months there of eating at the Best Santa Fe Restaurant , I finally decided to use the kitchen and they got me the kitchen supplies that I needed from other rooms and even brand new cookie sheets.
I started my mornings with Tina, Hugo and the House Keeping and Kitchen Staff greeting me every morning with smiling faces and Good Morning and Hola's. The Kitchen always made my breakfast to my liking and knew how I liked my food cooked - Soft omlettes, eggs over medium well, and Chai Tea Lattee with extra foam.
I finished my working days by coming into the Main Lobby area to be Greeted with How was your day, would you like a cookie or hot cider or a lattee. On many days I would hang out on one of their comfy sofas to unwind from my day hearing them check in guests and make dinner reservations. Since I became an expert on Santa Fe Restaurants they would even let me give dinner suggestions to their guests. When they were not busy they would keep me company and talk (its not easy being away from home), so I got to know Al and his wonderful Staff, especially Tina, Hugo, Gabe, Sara and wonderful Al.

They always gave me suggestions on things to do on the weekends to keep me busy.
When I would go home every few weeks they would ask about my dad and be happy to see me when I came back after a few days home.

When I left after 3 1/2 months, I felt like I was leaving friends. I feel like I made 3 longtime friends while staying there. The nice thing is, they felt the same way too.

Obviously, I highly recommend Las Palomas for a short term or long term stay!

Room Tip: Ask good questiions when making reservations because There are 5 properties - Pueblo, La Tienda, Dur...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
And I thought I had been responding to every review!!! But I overlooked one of the most important ones probably because I focused on the couple of unkind/negative ones after yours!! Thank you so much for staying with us for such a long time and also for your detailed and very kind words.

I am delighted to learn that everyone took such good care of you especially Tina and Al and it would appear that Hugo, Gabe and Sara also spoilt you?! Will you be back??

Again my apologies and thank you !!
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Just down from the square it is away from the bustle but just a quick walk to everything. Fabulous breakfast - super staff to help with everything - kiva's in all the rooms we have ever stayed in - kitchen area, gardens to relax in - and they accept pets!!!

Room Tip: rooms near check in are a little more updated -
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
, Owner at Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Thank you - thank you - thank you!!!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 10 June 2012

The location of this hotel is perfect..just down from the Plaza. Free shuttle service to and from locations..warm cookies with Cappucino and Expresso..a lovely soft bed and cute suite..and a breakfast freshly cooked and served with a smile. What more could you ask for...oh yes..a great price. Yes La's Palamos is a hidden treasure in Santa Fe.

• Stayed June 2012
PaulMargetsonGM, Owner at Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay and your kind words have been passed on to all the staff. Thank you so very much!!
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 9 June 2012

The inn has three parts and two sister properties. The main inn is a bit funky and dated and the casitas are likewise "rustic." They are great for a day or two but not much more than that. However, the sister property Zona Rosa is great. It is a set of condos around the corner and they are well fitted and taken care of. We stayed at the main inn for three days and then asked to be switched to Zona Rosa. The front desk didn't ask any questions and upgraded us and even moved our luggage for us. We couldn't be happier with their service.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Pleased to know that we provided “great service” - “but” we just had someone stay for 3+ months in our classical Santa Fe style rustic room and loved it!!!

Many thanks for staying with us.