“Can't wait to go back!”

Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe
Ranked #10 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My boyfriend and I came to Santa Fe on a whim and without a reservation anywhere. We found Las Palomas online and decided to book it. We were so happy we did. Upon checking in we found we were upgraded to a one bedroom suite. We were very pleased with this, but we had to wait 30 mins for the room to be finished cleaning, which was a little disappointing after traveling all day. Once inside the room we were very happy. The bed was very comfortable, the linens were a nice quality too. The leather furniture in the family room was nice and comfy too.
We really loved the free breakfast that they put on each morning. And did I mention they offer warm chocolate chip cookies and coffee in the lobby all day?!
We had only planned on staying in Santa Fe for two days, but we fell in love with the area and decided to extend our stay. Our room was unfortunately booked and so was the entire Inn! However, the excellent customer service given by Tina, she booked us in at their sister hotel!! We spent two nights over there and were jonesing to get back to Las Palomas! We stopped over and found out they had availability so we moved back over! This time, we were upgraded to the room known as "la tienda". This was awesome! It felt so historical and special. Like we had our own little house in Santa Fe. I did not want to leave after those 2 nights. We even were told a "hollywood" actor stayed in this room for quite some time while filming a movie in Santa Fe!! And, that is the bottom line, Las Palomas and their staff make everyone feel like "Hollywood Stars". I appreciated Tina and Al, or Al and Tina's assistance on where to eat, where to hike etc. Tina runs around each morning making sure everyone is happy at breakfast and that they have everything they need.
If you decide to stay here you will not be disappointed. I can't wait to go back!!

1  Thank Tracey L
PaulMargetson, Owner at Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

As other guests have mentioned before, Tina is indeed a great hostess and been with us for many years! And Al is normally/often the “icing on the cake”?!!

Thank you so much for a marvelous review and I am so happy to know that you had a great time and especially enjoyed the breakfasts.

We can’t wait to welcome you back!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,178)

Reviewed 27 April 2014

My husband and I stayed 3 nights in April. We chose this place because the hotel offered a $99 a night special. I agree with an earlier post that suggested you see the room you are getting before you check in. They have several properties and they vary in quality.
We booked a fireplace room and were happy to learn we had a free upgrade when we arrived. Our happiness soon turned to disappointment when we were in the 2 room suite. It was dirty and old. There was a step into the bedroom but it would have been easy to fall into the step area at night because the room was so small. It was dark and depressing. The bathroom showere didn't work well and it was hard getting water. We disliked the room so much we were ready to cut short our stay.
The next day I expressed some concerns and we were moved to another upgraded room that was MUCH better! It was clean, larger, had more wiindows and even a patio area. Both rooms were the same price but hugely different. We liked this room so much we added a night to our stay.View before you accept a room!
Breakfast was really good. Made to order omelets, freshly baked muffins, fruits, juice etc... One day we had a Native American playing an accordian during breakfast...he was great! The woman who handles the mornings at the inn was wonderful. Very friendly and helpful.
The location is perfect, a short walk to downtown and parking is included. Would I stay again? Yes...if I first saw the room. Also...my review might be totally different if I had paid $160 as opposed to $99 per night.

Room Tip: Ask to see it first!
2  Thank Sheri&Todd

Many thanks for staying with us for an extra night! I am sorry you were disappointed with your first room, but glad to know that we made amends!

I hope you will try us again soon!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

If posh and pristine are your style this is not the place for you. When we first walked into the lobby we almost left due to the slightly shabby and downscale look. The pictures on the internet are nothing like the reality. Our casita's entire floor was concrete painted a mustard color with sponge painted teal and dark green blobs all over. Really, it has to be seen to be believed. We stayed anyway and are glad we did. The staff are uniformly pleasant and helpful. The breakfast is great, with made- to- order omelets and waffles, with specialty coffees available. The bed was super comfortable, the linens and towels very nice. It's a very easy walk to the main plaza so location is a plus. We would consider staying there again but would ask to see the room first.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dini35

I am so glad to know that you did not leave us but enjoyed your stay! Yes, indeed, every room is a little different and please do “take your pick” next time. Many thanks!!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

This is my second time staying here and I would not stay anywhere else. All the staff was fabulous to work with! From the time I made my reservation with Melissa to checking in at the front desk with Rebecca and Al. Al took the time to show me three rooms. This is a charming hotel where all the rooms are peublo homes that have been turned into hotel. Everything about this hotel is charming. Great breakfasts in the morning is included, homemade omelettes, waffles, fresh fruit and juices! It does not get any better. You are full for the day! There is a shuttle that will take you anywhere you need to go.

The rooms are charming with fireplaces with lots of rooms. Everyone is so helpful with anywhere you need to go. Tina and Thomas were a great help with directions and great places to visit.

You are 2 blocks to the town where there is wonderful shopping. I cannot say enough about this hotel and everyone who works there. Oh yes and they always have fresh hot chocolate chip cookies available along with Espresso, Latte or Cappucinos anytime of the day!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 60. It is considered a studio and has two rooms with a king and double bed and on...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank sarastroup

And we can not say enough about your wonderful review and thank you so very much for staying with us again. Please come back soon!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Rooms were charming, wonderful breakfast each day that included made to order options and great coffee, staff friendly and helpful. A lovely stroll to the historic Plaza district. We were even upgraded at no charge. Would definitely stay here again. Next time I'd ask for a room that has outdoor tables and chairs to take advantage of the outdoor area.

2  Thank Catherine H

We do indeed try to provide a wonderful breakfast for our guests to start them on their day!

Many thanks for staying with us and for your “charming” review!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Great place with a great location! Beautiful 3 bedroom condo, we took a walk thru to decide on which one we wanted for our stay. Tina and all the staff were very helpful, and a great made to order breakfast included every day.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Joan S
PaulMargetson, Owner at Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Tina is indeed a “treasure” and I am so delighted to know she took good care of you and that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

The room was well decorated in the SW decor one would expect, however, smell from the fireplace kept me up all night on arrival. Airing out the room would clean out the smell from the fireplace. The room #53 needs some TLC, some kind of stains were on both chair seat cushions, table top was dirty, nob missing on wall switch for the ceiling fan, blinds could not be opened and closed on the french door, bathroom tub is sinking into the floor, 50's pink bathroom tile is nasty, bathroom sink stopper does not work, etc. Maid service was marginal, clean coffee cups & glasses were not provided on the second day. Breakfast service was a nightmare too many people I guess being serviced at the same time. Once severed, food was good

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

I am so sorry to learn of the problems you encountered and obviously this room needs our immediate attention! The items you enumerated are certainly unacceptable and thank you for bringing them to my attention.

I am glad you enjoyed breakfast although you must have initially encountered “rush hour”!

With apologies!