All reviewsflying tortillaan older hotelnice place to stayyogurtcontinental breakfasteasy accessrooms are cleannice roomfirst floorwould stay here againroad trippetwalmartazfreewaysantadowntown
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Just such a clean and comfortable and safe feeling! Everyone made me feel valued. Loved my stay!

• Stayed: October 2011
5  Thank travelingnluvinit
Reviewed 22 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel on Sept 8. Before leaving on Friday morning I fell getting out of the tub after showering. The floor of the tub is about 4 inches higher than the bathroom floor so when you step out the floor isn't where you expect it to be. There is absolutely nothing to grab onto to break your fall. This resulted in a turned ankle, a severely bruised foot and toes and a ruined shopping trip!. There is an easy and inexpensive way to prevent this sort of accident. Install a grab bar. This hotel has put a fortune in large flat screen TVs and Wi-fi in every room but has ignored safety. The only option is to request an accessible room even if you are not handicapped - or stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Request a handicapped accessible room
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Brubarb82
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We stayed at this motel on a Friday and Saturday night, and planned on at least one day to take in Santa Fe. We also wanted to relax a bit before embarking on a week-long camping trip, so we were hoping to do some swimming and "hanging out" at the motel, but when we got there we learned that the pool was closed. The desk clerk said that it should be fixed by noon on Saturday, but it didn't actually reopen until we had to leave on Sunday morning. Bummer!
The room was just OK, a bit bedraggled and there was actually a washcloth left on the shower curtain rod when we first arrived (which was a little bit disconcerting...made us wonder how clean the rest of the room was). No liner for the trash can either day, and we had to ask the maid for towels. The price was reasonable for our last minute booking, so I guess you get what you pay for. Next time, though, I'll book further ahead and try to get someplace a little nicer.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the elevator if you're located on the second floor. Also, the parking lot fills up quickly.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank stingerjeep
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Our stay came at the start of a road trip, and we chose this hotel because of its price and the La Quinta reputation. We had stayed here in the past and so somewhat knew what to expect. The room was very basic but clean, but no frills. As a previous reviewer said, it is showing its age just a little bit, but personally I think for the price we paid it was a good choice.
The breakfast was nice, standard selection for this type of hotel.
If you are looking for just a basic and nice hotel at a good price, this could be a good option!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank sometimetravels
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This hotel is one of the better values on the overpriced Cerrillos strip in Santa Fe, and offers decent facilities and amenities to its guests. It seems to always be full - but we usually pass through on the weekends - I don't know about during the week. I've probably stayed here a dozen times over the past decade, and it's always predictably the same: the rooms look the same, the hotel looks the same, and the breakfast they serve looks the same. This time I noticed that things had slid a ways down the scale. Our room smelled musty and mildewy, it had still not benefited from the latest round of corporate-wide renovations, and in the middle of the night I came to the conclusion that our air conditioning unit was under-performing - possibly the source of all the musty odors.

On the plus side, the hotel accepts pets without a quibble - and these older La Quintas all are built so that the room doors exit to the outside rather than into a central corridor (good if you have a dog who acts like he's just "gotta go.")

My wife developed a migraine headache the next morning, and blamed it on the hotel - so I don't know if I'll ever convince her to stay here again. I might do so if I ever come to town without her, but otherwise it's sad to think I'll have to bid the old friend farewell. Maybe they'll breathe some new life into the place, and it'll win us back!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family