“just ok”

La Quinta Inn Santa Fe
Ranked #36 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We were disappointed that our room had 2 standard sized beds instead of 2 queen. I cant remember the last hotel I stayed in that had standard beds. Being a rewards member we have stayed in this chain numerous times and have always been treated like vip's and always got great rooms. The beds were the same La Quinta quality as we are used to but the size made it very difficult for my husband and I to sleep together (and we are not "big" people) We arrived early in the day when hardly anyone else was there so I didnt understand why we were given a downgraded room. The bathroom floor was also dirty with hair and a few,what looked like, coffee spills.
Staff was very friendly and the breakfast selection was good. Compared to other LaQuintas I would rate this one "just ok"

Room Tip: Be sure and ask for queen or King. This place has standard size beds.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lynnincanadian

Reviewed 11 October 2013

The staff is ALWAYS friendly, warm and welcoming which brings us back again and again.
They should improve the quality of the coffee, but otherwise the breakfast is wonderful. Overall it is a great value and is consistently clean and in great condition.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
2  Thank Whitsend67
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The Good: This is an attractive hotel with clean rooms, super comfy beds, reasonable rates for posh Santa Fe, and a beautiful swimming pool.

The Bad: When I took a 10 minute shower on the first morning, it set off the fire alarm in our room. Nobody even came to inquire about why a fire alarm was going off and when I went to the front desk, they said, "Oh yeah, that happens sometimes." There is no ventilation fan in any of the bathrooms (I've stayed here several times), which is probably why. The free breakfast is awful with the worst coffee ever.

The Ugly: All the rooms smell of mold (poor ventilation again). On my last morning, I was really looking forward to a lovely swim in the pool as I had done the first morning we were here. There had been a nasty storm the night before so a chair and an umbrella had blown into the pool as well as some pine needles. The pool is supposed to open at 9 AM. At 9:20, it was not open and not cleaned. I went to ask about it and was told it was not yet open or cleaned. The man opened it up and appeared to see the mess for the first time. He disappeared, saying he'd clean it but didn't return after 20 minutes so I had to abandon my swim.

Room Tip: Get a room in the inner courtyard with a view of the pool. They are larger and more comfortable.
4  Thank Dana G
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Do not stay at this hotel. When I booked at this hotel I was given a rate of $65 per night. There was not mention of the service is going to be there only 3 days a week. A couple of weeks later Wayne the general manager called and said that I was going to get service 3 days a week. This was contrary to what I booked. They have a sign on the hotel property saying the weekly rate was $55/night. When I brought that up Wayne replied back saying that what the rate was when I signed. But when I booked there was no mention of there was going to service only 3 times a week. Book at your own risk.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel.
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Stayed for two nights and found the position of hotel was central to what we wanted to do.We were welcomed warmly on arrival by Erica who then for the remaining day helped us with any queries. She directed us to the nearest eating place and told us where to catch the bus to go into Santa Fe place the next day. The bus stop is directly behind the hotel. There are a number of great shops within very easy walking distance. On our first night at La Quinta we did our washing but were unable to use the drier as the coin slot had jammed on the dryer. Erica kindly put our wet clothes into the house keeping dryer and even folded them and returned them to us. Thank you Erica for making our stay easier. The next day we asked for some tea bags for our room and were told by another member of staff that if there was anything we required no to hesitate to ask.
The rooms are airy and large and we found the room we were in (203) to be very quiet and clean.
The breakfast was good with a good choice of food. It's good to see fruit. This is a pleasant hotel to stay at,as it very affordable and has very polite and helpful staff

Room Tip: I marked fitness centre but the hotel has no fitness centre
1  Thank Carmen D
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Like most La Quintas, pool was clean as were the rooms. Staff was very cordial. Shopping mall directly behind and even a bus stop behind to take you downtown. Buses were frequent and clean and the costs was either $1-2 depending on age.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple