“Helpful”

Ranked #34 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Bloomington, Minnesota, United States
“Helpful”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We arrived after a long days drive with a full SUV, a dog and a cat. We requested a first floor room. Initially we were told they were not available but after I explained why we wanted one they found one that would work. It was a higher priced room but they only charged me for the one I reserved. Room was clean, quiet and everything worked. What more can you hope for?

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Hamilton
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Having stayed in a lot of La Quinta "Hotels" I was surprised to find this location to be a three floor "Motel". All rooms are outdoor access, which was a good wake up going to the lobby for breakfast this morning as it was thirty degrees Fahrenheit at the time.

But the "Motel" is typically La Quinta. A good, well equipped, clean room at a good price. The front desk staff were friendly when we checked in and very helpful giving directions to local attractions.

The only downside was the breakfast situation. The breakfast was good with lots of choice in a pleasant clean surrounding, but!! There was a lot of flies in the room that were being swatted by the unfriendly male breakfast attendant who was also doing duty behind the front desk in the same pair of rubber gloves he was working replenishing food with. I know we are in an age of Multi-tasking, but that was ridiculous. Come on La Quinta, you can do better than that.

4 Thank BuckBud
Canadian, Texas
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We were disappointed that our room had 2 standard sized beds instead of 2 queen. I cant remember the last hotel I stayed in that had standard beds. Being a rewards member we have stayed in this chain numerous times and have always been treated like vip's and always got great rooms. The beds were the same La Quinta quality as we are used to but the size made it very difficult for my husband and I to sleep together (and we are not "big" people) We arrived early in the day when hardly anyone else was there so I didnt understand why we were given a downgraded room. The bathroom floor was also dirty with hair and a few,what looked like, coffee spills.
Staff was very friendly and the breakfast selection was good. Compared to other LaQuintas I would rate this one "just ok"

Room Tip: Be sure and ask for queen or King. This place has standard size beds.
2 Thank lynnincanadian
Greenwood Village, Colorado, USA
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The staff is ALWAYS friendly, warm and welcoming which brings us back again and again.
They should improve the quality of the coffee, but otherwise the breakfast is wonderful. Overall it is a great value and is consistently clean and in great condition.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank Whitsend67
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The Good: This is an attractive hotel with clean rooms, super comfy beds, reasonable rates for posh Santa Fe, and a beautiful swimming pool.

The Bad: When I took a 10 minute shower on the first morning, it set off the fire alarm in our room. Nobody even came to inquire about why a fire alarm was going off and when I went to the front desk, they said, "Oh yeah, that happens sometimes." There is no ventilation fan in any of the bathrooms (I've stayed here several times), which is probably why. The free breakfast is awful with the worst coffee ever.

The Ugly: All the rooms smell of mold (poor ventilation again). On my last morning, I was really looking forward to a lovely swim in the pool as I had done the first morning we were here. There had been a nasty storm the night before so a chair and an umbrella had blown into the pool as well as some pine needles. The pool is supposed to open at 9 AM. At 9:20, it was not open and not cleaned. I went to ask about it and was told it was not yet open or cleaned. The man opened it up and appeared to see the mess for the first time. He disappeared, saying he'd clean it but didn't return after 20 minutes so I had to abandon my swim.

Room Tip: Get a room in the inner courtyard with a view of the pool. They are larger and more comfortable.
4 Thank Dana G
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Do not stay at this hotel. When I booked at this hotel I was given a rate of $65 per night. There was not mention of the service is going to be there only 3 days a week. A couple of weeks later Wayne the general manager called and said that I was going to get service 3 days a week. This was contrary to what I booked. They have a sign on the hotel property saying the weekly rate was $55/night. When I brought that up Wayne replied back saying that what the rate was when I signed. But when I booked there was no mention of there was going to service only 3 times a week. Book at your own risk.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel.

Travellers are raving about these Santa Fe hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Stayed for two nights and found the position of hotel was central to what we wanted to do.We were welcomed warmly on arrival by Erica who then for the remaining day helped us with any queries. She directed us to the nearest eating place and told us where to catch the bus to go into Santa Fe place the next day. The bus stop is directly behind the hotel. There are a number of great shops within very easy walking distance. On our first night at La Quinta we did our washing but were unable to use the drier as the coin slot had jammed on the dryer. Erica kindly put our wet clothes into the house keeping dryer and even folded them and returned them to us. Thank you Erica for making our stay easier. The next day we asked for some tea bags for our room and were told by another member of staff that if there was anything we required no to hesitate to ask.
The rooms are airy and large and we found the room we were in (203) to be very quiet and clean.
The breakfast was good with a good choice of food. It's good to see fruit. This is a pleasant hotel to stay at,as it very affordable and has very polite and helpful staff

Room Tip: I marked fitness centre but the hotel has no fitness centre
1 Thank Carmen D