“Nice hotel”

Ranked #37 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
San Luis Obispo, California
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a good road trip location right off the freeway in a major shopping area (Target, Sports Authority type shopping area). There is a Large dog run area with scoop bags in the back for our pups to run around, and it was about a 10 or 15 minutes drive to the Old Town area. The free breakfast is always nice too.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kelley R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Salida Colorado
Reviewed 1 February 2014

My sister has stayed often with a La Quinta in another state and thought highly of it. She has a La Quinta Returns Elite card, sort of like a frequent flyer program. In Santa Fe, though, she and I were disappointed.

Cons:

The wireless internet went down, and the staff didn't care. I called the Tech Support number listed on the card in the room, but the tech guy's English was so bad that I (who speak a little Spanish) was almost unable to understand him. He immediately started making it sound like the problem was my fault, and demanded the local phone number of the hotel before he would help us; I didn't have that handy; couldn't he look it up if he's a La Quinta support staffer? NO! My sister finally called the 800 number for her Elite card and complained, and THEN the Internet access MIRACULOUSLY became available.

I wanted to have a glass of wine in the room, so I asked the front desk for a glass instead of the plastic foam cups in our room; they said they didn't have any, and they were not willing to do anything to help.

I asked to borrow a corkscrew for the wine, they didn't have that either. C'mon -- a $2 corkscrew? Good thing I didn't need a toothbrush!!!

If you're looking for a place close to the historic areas and downtown, look elsewhere; this place was 10 to 15 minutes south of that. It's in a strip mall area. Views? I have no idea where reviewer Maria M was looking, but all you can see from here is the 4-lane Cerillos Road, the strip mall stores, etc. -- the mountains are waaaaaay off

Pros:

The beds were comfortable.

The room was really clean and comfortable.

Good quality Samsung TV screen.

Microwave and small fridge included.

INFO:
Normal rate is around $70 for a 2-queen-bed room. OK price for Santa Fe.
I'd rather have paid $90 and stayed at the El Rey, which has character, much-more-caring staff, and is much closer to downtown.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stay here frequently. Very convenient location, parking right outside the door, room for trailers, spacious lobby and breakfast area, well appointed and comfortable rooms, efficient staff, dog friendly. Best fuel prices west on Cerrillos at Murphy's Express, restaurants and a mall within easy walking distance, and very competitively priced which is unusual for Santa Fe that tends to have a highly inflated sense of self.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Stormrider45
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

We had been taking a trip across the country and I must admit that this place was beautiful. Staff were pleasant and made extra sure I knew where everything was. The room was very clean and when I opened the curtain the scenery outside the window was simply amazing! I stood at the window for awhile admiring the mountains. The room was spacious and the are pet friendly which is a plus for me. Breakfast was good and have no complaints. I will be staying here again!!! Oh the the price was great as well!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Maria M
Elmore City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I loved this hotel. It was everything we needed for our stay in Santa Fe. We skied for 4 days. We always travel with our small jack/chi's we have 2. I have never stayed at a hotel that was as nice that does not charge a fee for pets. They had a pottie place for them and anything you could think of to make your pet comfortable. The Hotel was very clean and well maintained. The staff was very friendly and answered all our questions without acting like we bothered them. Great Place....

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

6 Thank kwctgirls
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The room was very basic but clean. The carpet had some stains but I didn't feel it wasn't clean. I got the room with the microwave and refrigerator. There were three of us and two dogs and I didn't feel crammed. This is the first La Quinta I've been to that had an elevator.

I think a lot of people stay here for skiing so if you're here during the weekend, you may want to eat breakfast before 8 or after 8:30. We got there on Christmas day and had breakfast the next day (Thursday) without any problems. At 8, there were 4 people eating breakfast. On Friday we went down to breakfast at 8 and there were literally about 30-40 people in the small lobby. There were no seats and you had to wait about 15 minutes for the waffle. The same thing happened on Saturday morning for breakfast.

The place is about 30 minutes away from Ski Santa Fe so it's not a bad place to stay if you're going skiing.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family