“Nice friendly place to stay”

La Quinta Inn Santa Fe
Ranked #36 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The employees & management are always friendly & ready to help. The Santa Fe hotel has been remodeled in the last few months & looks great. The breakfast is nice & has a small variety. I enjoy staying here because it is easy access, restaurants are close & shopping is in walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
3  Thank Trish F
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Santa Fe

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Calling at the last minute, La Quinta accommodated my two small dogs and myself at a very reasonable price (and the bonus was no extra fees for the dogs). When I asked for a ground-level room, I was told "no problem" and was immediately taken care of. The room was clean, bed was comfortable with nice linens and coverings. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable - especially about folks traveling with pets in the summer. When I asked for recommendations of restaurants that delivered, the gentleman gave me two menus. I ordered from the pizza restaurant and the food was very good. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If traveling with pets, ask for a ground floor room. You'll park directly in front of the room f...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Susan M
A TripAdvisor Member
San Diego, California
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stayed here after riding my motorcycle from Flagstaff through wind and rain. I was really beat. I asked for a room near the parking lot, none was available but I got a room on the top floor right next to the elevator. It was perfect. Easy access, quiet and a firm comfortable bed. In the morning I entered the breakfast area at a busy time. The staff member keeping the area stocked and clean, greeted me, suggested a table and helped me with the waffle machine following a quick review of the breakfast options. Wonderful friendly people who were welcoming and attentive from checkin through check out.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 13 July 2014

#!: front desk staff including manager were the unfriendliest I have ever encountered. I had just stayed at the Drury Inn where the price was less, the staff friendlier, two hot meals a day, and lovely rooms so I was not prepared for being greeted or checked out so that I felt as if I was an inconvenience. Drury is coming to Santa Fe and I look forward to it.
#2: internet in my room was almost non existent. It lasted no more than a few minutes at most and then took a long time to reconnect. And when it was connected it was creeping along like a drunk on all fours.
#3: the pool had over 15 kids in it and the adults watched from the second floor. I went to swim but had to leave due to the noise and feeling of lack of safety.
#4: Although the room looked clean at first count, there were finger smudges on the mirror, lid and straw of someone's soda cup was on the floor beside the end table, and the bath drain was clogged with paper and hair which I had to clean out to get the water to flow.....disgusting.
#5: a member of the cleaning staff was smoking in front of the elevator and stairs so that getting to my room was impossible without going through her smoke while she chatted with other members of the staff
#6: arrived in the afternoon and chairs in the lobby were turned upside down on the tables. Sure gave the message of "you are uninvited..stay away" besides just looking tacky. I did not see anyone mopping.
#7: fridge has no freezer to keep ice packs frozen for next days trip out of town
#8: bed was comfortable as was the room and black out curtains worked eel
#9: my room was on the front of the hotel so traffic noise was a bit loud in the morning
#10: it is far from downtown due to traffic, but near a mall

I usually love La Quinta. I would not stay at this one again.

Room Tip: Ask how close the ice machine is
2  Thank stampaholic
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed here for 1 night before we checked in to the Hilton.The cost was more than I've paid
At any other La Quinta.but,Santa Fe is very expensive.
All was ok with the room.Location is far from old town if u have a car it's fine.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is the second La Quinta Inn that surprised me by having sleeping rooms that opened directly to the outdoors. I am not sure that I would have booked at this La Quinta having known that because we feel safer with rooms that are inside a common area and open to a shared hallway. Nonetheless, this La Quinta has been re-decorated so it feels bright and fresh. The room was a bit small-ish by La Quinta standards, but we settled in. The bath tub was not very clean and there was mold near the caulking, so there is an opportunity to improve the housekeeping there. Other than that, it was a nice overnight stay. We appreciated the microwave and the fridge. We did not have time for breakfast, so we cannot comment on that. The breakfast/lobby area looked really hip and fun with its new, colorful décor. The desk staff was accommodating when we asked for extra blankets. Generally, the stay was unremarkable, and we were satisfied with the value we received.

Room Tip: We found out later that there are a number of sleeping rooms available that are "interior"...
1  Thank mstravelergal
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This was a quiet hotel close to restaurants and shopping. It was also a quick 15-minute drive to the city centre with a lot to look at on the way, giving one a good idea about the city overall. This hotel chain is so pet friendly, which I really appreciate. Checking in was easy. Breakfast was great.

1  Thank Jacqueline M