“Very nice hotel, pleasantly surprised”

La Quinta Inn Santa Fe
Ranked #35 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
California
“Very nice hotel, pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 20 March 2009

Fair price, dog friendly, very nice rooms, heated pool and jucuzzi, workout room, free breakfast. Only problem was someones dog peed on my door the night before and it was not cleaned so I died from the smell. Also, PUT YOUR DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door. Maids start knocking at 7:30am. It sucked. I told management, they didnt offer and discounts. Lame. Still way better then Days Inn across the street. I'll keep looking for a place that cares:)

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Robinwilde

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
arlington, va
Reviewed 31 December 2008

Internet: Grade = B ; Explanation = Reasonably fast

Local Restaurants: Grade = B ; Explanation = Okay, but not great

Cleanliness: Grade = F ; Explanation = Hair all over; Nickel sized food crumb on bed sheets

Water Pressure: Grade = B ; Explanation =

Bed: Grade = F ; Explanation = Hair and crumbs on sheets

Front Desk Competency: Grade = D ; Explanation = Understaffed and slow

Access from highway: Grade = B ; Explanation = Reasonably close

Prepaid Breakfast: Grade = F ; Explanation = Twice as many people as seats (on a weekday!); No protein, no fruit; out of yogurt; horrible coffee

Shower Temperature Control: Grade = C ; Explanation = Difficult to control

Quality of Provided Toiletries: Grade = C ; Explanation = Cheap, crumbly soap

Stayed December 2008
1 Thank the_real_travelerf
Washington
Reviewed 25 October 2008

We are frequent La Quinta travelers because we travel with our dog. This is the worst LQ we've stayed at. It is an older property...which is fine. But no excuse for rooms that aren't clean. The 2 mirrors in our room have something 'sprayed' on them which the maids missed. I don't want to touch the entry door or the bathroom door...they've never been cleaned and are black with handprints. Scuffmarks on all the doors and floor molding.

. One bar of soap to split between the lav sink and the shower. So when you get in the shower you take the soap from the sink (which is in a separate room) and back & forth. For $75/nite I'd suggest looking around. Room doesn't smell good---very heavy chemical smell to it. I will be contacting La Quinta directly as well.... My husband who usually never catches things like this was complaining to me about how dirty this place is.

• Stayed October 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank redhed

Travellers are raving about these Santa Fe hotels

Seymour, IN
Reviewed 21 September 2008

I found this hotel while checking Travelocity for a less expensive hotel than I originally booked. I knew it was a few miles to the plaza, but was willing to drive to save $$. We went to the plaza early in the day and had no trouble with parking. It was also close to I-25 for day trips to Taos & Los Alamos.

We stayed 3 nights. With AAA discount, rate was $35/night. We were very pleased with our room. It was clean. There was no noise. Breakfast was standard continental fare, including waffles.

With the amount I saved, could spend more doing other things.

• Liked — Price, cleanliness
  • Disliked — distance to plaza
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank mlmellencamp
Minnesota
Reviewed 31 August 2008

Booked on airfare.com and called the hotel to confirm my reservation the day before as it was Indian Market weekend and I did not want any surprises. The front desk associate advised me my reservation was only for 1 night and they "don't got no more rooms". After going back and forth and calling the company I booked it through they (the hotel) admitted it was their mistake and was booked incorrectly on their end. She (same associate) then told me "someone else will get booted". I work in the hotel industry and I would never tell a guest this nor speak in this fashion. Upon arrival our room was clean but there were things that were not so great, our pillows were worthless and flat, the bathroom floor was never cleaned throughout our 3 night stay, my bedspread was dirty, garbage was also stacked up in the hallways taller than me the entire time we were there. I tried to call the Front Desk several times throughout our stay in the evening upon our return to the room but no answer. The day we checked out I brought these items to their attention just as an FYI and I did not want anything in return. The same associate looked at me expressionless and asked me to print my name and address on a sheet of paper so the manager can send me a free night for "my big complaint". I explained to her that I did not want anything and was just bringing it to their attention. She did not apologize, say she would advise her manager, nothing. Just sat there staring at me expressionless... Not a horrible hotel but just OK...

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Staff, Cleanliness
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mariposa1020
New Jersey
Reviewed 18 August 2008

We travel to Santa Fe at least once a year for business and have always stayed at La Quinta Inn. It was always decently priced and a nice place to stay until this trip. I don't know if they changed management or what but we will never stay here again. The beds were extremely uncomfortable and the pillows were of the cheapest quality. The carpets were so dirty that the tops of our infant son's feet were filthy after he crawled around for just a few minutes. I decided to request a room change so I went downstairs to speak with the front desk receptionist. There was a man in front of me who had just checked in but came back to request a room change. He had requested a smoke-free room but said that someone had clearly been smoking in it. The receptionist in her monotone-I'm-too-busy-to-care attitude called up one of the maids to "check and see if the room smells like smoke". When the gentleman interrupted her she rolled her eyes and slapped down a set of keys to another room and said "I'm just asking her to check it before I give the room to another guest who won't complain about it". When I told her of my problems with our room she quickly gave me keys to another room, but said that it would be exactly like the other because all of the beds and pillows are the same.

Did this woman learn her customer service skills by working in a prison cafeteria?

Seriously, don't stay at this hotel. We later learned that for the same price we could have rented a casita in town. Go figure!

• Liked — Nothing.
  • Disliked — This hotel has gone down hill and is not the place it used to be.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank ketb628
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 19 June 2008

This hotel was great for the money - I booked my rooms about 2 months out and with the AAA discount I only paid $26.00 night. It was great for everything we went for - the rooms were clean and spacious, the breakfast was just the usual. We travel with a small dog and so far at all the LQ we've stayed at there is no sign an animal has ever been in the room before we got there - if anyone is looking for a chain that welcomes pets and keeps the rooms clean - LQ is a good bet.

• Liked — Large rooms
Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple