“Not bad for $50 a night”

La Quinta Inn Santa Fe
Ranked #37 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Camuy, Puerto Rico
“Not bad for $50 a night”
Reviewed 19 May 2010

For $50 a night it was good. The location is really good near restaurants, shops and the plaza in Santa Fe. The room was clean and there were plenty of towels. The light continental breakfast not bad: muffins, fruits, yogurt, boiled eggs, cereal, instant oatmeal, bread and bagels, milk, apple and orange juice, and coffee. It is a big hotel/motel and you may have to park a little far way from your room, but that's only of you arrived late at night. For the price, I think is a good deal.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jannette24

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
NM
Reviewed 15 March 2010

This might be a quaint wish, but when I stay at a motel, I want to be able to sleep at night. The La Quinta Inn Santa Fe seemed like a safe bet - I've stayed at other La Quintas that were fine. But the the one in Santa Fe has to be the noisiest motel I've stayed at in a long time.

First, the blower on the heater/air conditioner is set to blast for 15 seconds every 14 minutes (I've timed it, since I can't get to sleep). You ask, why don't I just turn it off (I'm in the room right now, writing this at 3:30 a.m.) It is off! There's even a little light next to the button that says "off", so I know that "off" is engaged. Off apparently means something other than what I understand it to mean.

Secondly, down in the street outside my window there is someone with a snow blower, who has been there removing snow from the road for the past ten minutes. Do you know how loud a snow blower is? Just so I don't' get used to that noise and fall asleep anyway, every minute or so, a truck plow comes by making more noise as it scrapes the pavement. This is not a public road, mind you - it's the motel access.

Really, I understand the desire to remove snow when there aren't cars moving around - but the snow blower is clearing off *the sidewalk*.

The total lack of consideration for people who want to sleep is enough to make me avoid ever staying here again. I'm going to be a real whiz at my meeting in a few hours, with no sleep at all.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank fasterhorses

Travellers are raving about these Santa Fe hotels

Lawrence, KS
Reviewed 11 January 2010

Our car was broken into while staying at this hotel. I would strongly advise you to stay elsewhere as this hotel is not a safe place to stay. I personally will never stay at another La Quinta because of the way we were treated after the robbery took place. Awful!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jayhawk0124
Dallas
Reviewed 2 January 2010

After reading the reviews on this hotel, I was a little leary. However, we had an excellent stay. There was plenty of hot water, the beds were comfortable, the continental breakfast good, and we did not hear any barks from the dogs staying there. Even though the soap and shampoo supplied was not enough for a family of 4, I prepared ahead and brought my own. However, I would not have hesitated to ask for more. The staff was very friendly and made our vacation a vacation to remember. If I could complain about one thing, it would be bigger and softer towels.

5 Thank KayDallas
Dallas
Reviewed 30 December 2009

We stayed here on our way to Colorado from Texas. Rooms were clean and comfortable. There were not a lot of frills, but I did enjoy the waffles in the breakfast area. This place is close to many good places to eat and just a hop, skip, and a jump from the town square. Getting to the La Quinta is easy from I-25.

1 Thank Luggnutt
Albuquerque NM
Reviewed 22 December 2009

I booked 2 rooms at this hotel through Hotwire 2 months in advance of our trip to ride the Polar Express so that if we should encounter snow in December, we would not have to make the trip back to Albuquerque. After reading the earlier reviews on this site and others, I was a little nervous about staying there. However it was needless. Both check-in and check-out were quick. The hotel is located on a major thoroughfare through Santa Fe. Our rooms were located in the middle of the complex near the pool and we did not hear any traffic. A police station is located right across the street from the hotel. There is a plethora of shopping malls nearby including one behind the hotel. The Santa Fe train station which is simple to find, is 11 minutes away but I would leave extra time for the traffic. Granted the rooms were not large and we had 2 double beds, not queens, the rooms were clean, and beds comfortable. The thermostat was set to 58 upon arrival but it did not take long to get the room toasty. There was slight wear in the carpet where it met the tile floor of the bathroom but that was no determent. The shower had plenty of hot water, low water pressure but I think the shower heads are low flow due to the fact Santa Fe in located in a desert. We can not afford to waste water. The tub drained well while showering. The toilet, with its low flush, worked like a charm which I do not see very often. There is a sign in the bathroom that states you just need to come to the desk for more soap, shampoo, toothpaste, etc. The room is supplied with an iron/board, coffee and hair dryer. We did not hear noise at all during the night. The continental breakfast is served starting at 7 am. The lounge was busy with people coming and going at 7:20. There was a wide array of choices. Beverages included coffee, tea, hot chocolate, apple and orange juice as well as milk which was in an insulated carafe. Two kinds of bagels including cream cheese as well as toast and jams/jellies and peanut butter were available for toasting. You could make your own waffles or chose one of two kinds of dry cereal or two kinds of oatmeal. Want more? How about bananas, oranges, apples, yogurt or two kinds of muffins? Still hungry? There was the bowl of hard boiled eggs. Across from the hotel is the Flying Tortilla Restaurant which offers a 10% discount if you show them your room key. We had Mexican fare and the portions were huge. There were voted one of the top three restaurants in 2006. The desserts, especially the cakes, were enormous in size. Each slice easily would satisfy two diners and could be shared with up to four adults. There are 3 stories and we did see outside elevators. As for the pool, it was closed so I can not say anything about cleanliness or noise. None of the adults had any complaints, the 6 year old was happy. There are paid for view movies and games should that be of interest since there is not a wide choice of channels. They do have WIFI. No this is not a high end hotel but unless you are planning on spending most of your time in the rooms, this La Quinta was a great bargain for sleeping accommodations.

3 Thank cactusflowertoo
Reviewed 14 December 2009

We have now been to Santa Fe in all the seasons and though it was cold and snowed, we still had a great time. Take the "Turquoise road" from the ALBQ airport and you run right into this hotel in Santa Fe. The hotel is quiet, easy to find, has great beds and a very helpful staff. The crown jewel is the "Flying Tortilla" restaurant not more than 100 yards from the property. It is a great local hang out with home style southwest and mid west fare.
This was our second stay at the hotel and it's still hard to beat. The staff even printed our boarding passes for us, free!

Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple