“Glad We Went Back!”

Ranked #36 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Omaha, Nebraska
“Glad We Went Back!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed at this property several years ago and were very happy with the price point and the value of the property. We chose to stay here again this year and were again pleased with the outstanding value of the rooms compared to the hotel properties on or near the Plaza. The 2 story penthouse was clean, housekeeping service was very good and the pool area was updated and looked great. The neighborhood is relatively quiet (especially on weekends) and the front desk staff were polite and friendly. We will return to the Residence Inn for our next visit to Santa Fe.

Room Tip: The penthouse rooms are a great value if your traveling group or family need a lot of room!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Beautiful hotel. Check in guy, Michael, was just SO nice and professional. The lobby of this hotel has been completely redone and is GORGEOUS! (See my photos.) The outdoor space is wonderful (again, see my photos.)

I was in a 2 story room. There was a loft upstairs with king and bathroom. There was a Murphy bed (queen) on the first floor in a very large area with a table and a nice desk, and a second bathroom. There was a full kitchen and separate living room – very spacious suite.

The grounds are amazing. There’s a beautiful pool with a lot of sheltered space to sit and enjoy the surroundings. I really loved this green space. This Residence Inn is one of the older styles, like an apartment building. There are several buildings with rooms on the first floor and the second floor – the rooms open to the outside. There are no elevators, so if you are a person with a disability or unable to climb stairs, be sure you reserve a room on the first floor.
There was a great tennis court and gorgeous area with a barbeque grill.

Free buffet breakfast in the mornings in the main lobby (very good). And on certain weeknights, they serve snacks and small meals (complimentary and really good). That was a really nice perk! I’m all about free!

I was VERY excited to see that this hotel had big recycle bins sitting around the property. But, I noticed that people were also throwing trash in. Then one day, I saw housekeeping take the stuff from the recycle bin and mix it in with regular trash (oh no!). So, I question whether or not they really recycle – maybe they separate it somewhere else. I wish all hotels were required to recycle – but hotels that do are few and far between I have noticed. So, if this one does actually recycle, GOOD for them!

Downtown Santa Fe is a quick drive down a back street (that takes you right into downtown). It was a great location and I loved staying here. Up or down the street either way there are plenty of shops and restaurants.

All good and I can't wait to go back! Oh, and wifi is free.

Room Tip: My room was great.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank tczig
Texas
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We reserved a two-bedroom penthouse at the Residence Inn six weeks before our Santa Fe vacation with extended family and received a confirmation email the week before, so we thought we were set. After a long day's drive, we arrived only to learn that the hotel was overbooked, and so there was no room for us. It reminded me of the Seinfeld rental car skit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m_DeR_n72E.

To make it up to us, they reserved 2 adjoining rooms at the Courtyard, at their expense. We appreciated the gesture, but would have greatly preferred getting the room we reserved in the first place. In over 30 years of staying at Residence Inns across the country for business and pleasure, I have never had them fail to honor a reservation. I am counting this as a lesson learned; even if I have a room reservation, I need to double and triple check with the front desk to make sure there will be a room for us when we arrive.

4 Thank jgt63
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 29 June 2014

After having to cancel our reservation at another hotel in Santa Fe on a busy Thursday night, we were worried that we might not be able to get a hotel. After hours of searching and calling hotels in Whole Foods, we found this place. The front desk lady let us check out the room before we rented in, but it smelled of cigarettes and nail polish, so we asked for another room to look at. This was the same layout (a suite room) and was great and roomy. When we went to check into the room, the wonderful desk lady told us that she wanted to upgrade us to the penthouse suite for the same price. When we walked into this suite, it was like a large apartment with a full kitchen (full-sized appliances!),a VERY updated and new, but homey feel, a room downstairs with a king bed, and an upstairs area with another king bed. This was amazing!!! The breakfast was average continental breakfast, but it was nice that they provided it. The pool and hot-tub was new and modern and clean. I would definitely stay here again!!!

Room Tip: The suites and penthouses are very nice and roomy. Any of the ones closer to the pool are a little m...
1 Thank TeenCuisine
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I have stayed here a number of times when visiting Santa Fe. It has always been comfortable and welcoming. This time was exceptional. They have remodeled the hotel and the property looks great. The breakfast and lobby area is more open and inviting, the pool is lovely and the rooms are neat, clean and cozy. Just some small improvements had a big impact. The location is convenient to the highway and just minutes from downtown and all of the shops, galleries and museums.

Room Tip: The studio king is comfortable, large and good value.
3 Thank LAJ7
Denver
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Hotel is not far off of the highway and is easy to connect to all areas in Santa Fe. Room was nice and clean. The bed was very soft and it was difficult for me to sleep. Hotel was having their carpets cleaned but I didn't hear any extra noise. We had a loud late night talker above us that drove me crazy as he was walking up and down in front of our room talking on his cell phone until after midnight.
Breakfast was average.
They charged us an extra $30.00 a night for our daughter (third person). I discovered almost all of the Santa Fe hotels had this practice.

Room Tip: I requested an extra clean room and got one that was nice and clean. Wish I had added one with a new...
Green Features: They asked you to reuse your towels to save water and then ran the dishwasher with only 2 cups and a spoon.
1 Thank Jeda53
Littleton, CO
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed at the Residence Inn and were not disappointed. We were allowed to upgrade with our Gold status and had the largest apartment we have ever stayed in, in the Marriott chain. We walked downtown it is only 1.8 miles through interesting neighborhoods. Breakfast is the typical Marriott fare. With Whole Foods a mile away and a full kitchen we had no problem making a dinner and eating on the outside deck. The swimming pool is small, with plenty of seating around the pool, they also have a hot tub for 4. Shuttle can take you downtown, just ask. Give it a try, lots of families were there when we were.

Room Tip: If you have Gold Elite Status be sure to upgrade.
1 Thank ColoradoCoach