My husband, 2 kids and I stayed her for 2 nights as part of our vacation to NM and CO. It was easy to find off of St. Francis and it faces a National Veterans Cemetery. We arrived around 7:30 p.m. after a long drive from Carlsbad Caverns. We were hungry and a bit tired and were hoping to quickly check in, unpack the car, and get to the restaurant at which we had dinner reservations. The check in at the desk WAS quick and the staff friendly. We were given a room at the back of the property on the 2nd floor with a window that faced the pool area and the mountains beyond. First problem was that there was no elevator we could find to get upstairs, annoying, but we went ahead and lugged up all our things. We never saw an elevator the whole stay and no, we never did ask about one because once we got our luggage upstairs, the stairs were not an issue. We got into the room which was a bit stuffy, but looked clean and had the view I mentioned above...problem was the window covering was broken and we could not keep the covering up to look out... might as well not even have a window. We tried to get it to work, but it would not stay up. We called the desk and reported the problem. They were nice and quickly assigned us another room next door, same view. They brought up the new room key cards for the new room, but they didn't work, so the staff member left to get a different set which also did not work. The staff member decided the key card reader was broken and said we would need to move to another room. He said we could have a room across the hall, but husband did not like the view of the parking lot and requested another room with a better view. We ended up in a room a few doors down from the first two with a view of the pool and mountains. This room was hot and stuffy upon entering, so we turned on the AC and set it to cool/continuous to get the room cooled off. It stayed on for 1 minute and shut off. We tried resetting it and it came on again, but shut off again after 1 min. Still the room was hot, so we called the desk and reported the problem. A maintenance guy came very quickly and we explained the problem to him. Turns out the AC was "secretly" (on the inside where we did not have access to) set to shut off after 1 minute (according the the guy). The guy switched it so we could use the continuous OR automatic option and he did not say anything when my husband said the AC should always be set that way because otherwise it seems like the hotel doesn't want their guests to use the AC very much. So, we get that settled and the room cools off just fine. The room is decorated nicely in a southwestern/native American theme. It was comfortable and visibly clean everywhere except the tub which did have some hairs in it (gross). I rinsed the hairs down the drain and sprayed the tub with the Lysol I carry on trips. We only took showers, no baths. The linens all looked clean except for one pool towel we got which had yellow stains all over it. The room was comfy and roomy enough for the 4 of us. The hallways looked dated and in need of sprucing up... paint and new carpet are needed. Outside was nice as was the pool area. The hotel was very convenient to all the restaurants and attractions we wanted to go to... nothing was further than a 10 minute drive. Overall, we were disappointed in the broken window covering, broken key card reader and the AC issue because they all made for a long time getting settled in our final room. Also, this was the first hotel I've been to that I saw hairs in the tub. The service of the staff was friendly and they were quick to respond to the problems we encountered, but I wouldn't choose to stay here again unless I knew they were more on top of maintenance and housekeeping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge at Santa Fe is fully decorated to celebrate the wonder and awe of the Southwest’s most notable city. Located just five minutes to the Santa Fe plaza and historic attractions, the Lodge at Santa Fe is a unique hotel with cultural style. Gardunos restaurant onsite serves fresh 'New Mexican' cuisine, and our guests enjoy hand crafted furniture and breathtaking architecture. Beautiful stone flooring, Native American weavings patterns and weavings, and spacious suites with Kiva fireplaces are all part of the experience. The Lodge at Santa Fe has a complimentary shuttle to the historic Santa Fe plaza, plus free WiFi and parking. Experience the magic of Santa Fe when you book your visit at The Lodge at Santa Fe. "Hotels supporting cultural causes." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Lodge at Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Santa Fe Hotel Santa Fe
- Hotel Santa Fe
- Lodge Santa Fe
- The Lodge At Santa Fe New Mexico