“Nice enjoyable stay!”

Ranked #36 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
reno
“Nice enjoyable stay!”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Overall, the rooms were very clean, the service was excellent, and the views amazing. Had a nice enjoyable stay at the Lodge at Sante Fe. It's about a mile from the plaza, but the hotel offers a free shuttle. Be careful if you stay out later then the last shuttle runs. The cab ride was fairly cheap, however we waited about two hours in another hotel lobby!

The pool and hot tub were excellent. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I wound up at this property for its proximity to The National Veteran's Cemetery which is located directly across the highway. The hotel lounge has a patio which offers the best view in Santa Fe of this beautiful, historic site. For that purpose, combined with a very reasonable price for Santa Fe during prime tourist season of $175.00 per night for a suite, I was happy to have found it. Not many extras were offered. The restaurant keeps limited hours and there is no room service. Little signs of decline or financial struggle were evident everywhere. For instance, carpets in need of a serious cleaning and possibly maps and city/area attraction guides in the rooms. Maybe a comped bottle of water at checkin to counteract the hot, dry climate. Just a little something beyond the bare bones amenities of lesser, chain hotels. However, my room was clean, cool, and comfortable. Good bed and linens. Small, but adequate bathroom. No PPV movies available in-room, and only basic cable, plus a few HBO channels available. Not far from historic district, and easy to get to. I would stay here again under the same circumstances, but would stay elsewhere for more of a vacation experience. Would definitely recommend to travelers on a budget or those travelling through instead of staying to explore the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank nmbrandy
Adrian V, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Good Morning,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with your recent stay. I want to apologize that our property and our services were not of the highest standards.

Our goal here at the Lodge is for our guests to have the most comfortable and relaxing stay. I apologize if that was not your experience. You can trust that I will follow up on these concerns with the departments managers to ensure that we improve our services.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and if you have any further concerns please feel free to contact us at any time.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Our room was nice enough, and the staff was very nice. But this location and this staff deserves a nicer place to work.
It's little things- the cement is deteriorating, the greenery needs attention, the rooms need freshening.

1 Thank traveljunky88
Good Morning,

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize that our rooms and grounds were not of the high standards we expect.

We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is like new, in-place , of the highest quality, and in perfect working order. I am sorry if that was not the case during your stay. You can be confident that we will follow up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We wanted to stay a little out from the busy Plaza area mainly for expenses. This place was nice and had a great view of the mountains. The room was pretty clean. Housekeeping service was late in the day, so we declined it b/c we like to rest in the afternoon after touring in the morning. Kids really enjoyed pool and hot tub, but pool was ice cold and not enjoyable to my husband and I for longer than a 2-minute dip. Hot tub felt great after the cold pool, but jets didn't work well. Front desk was very helpful for restaurant recommendations. We had a rental car, which was good b/c shuttle service advertised is very limited! With no breakfast service, we would have liked the coffee maker in the room to serve more than one cup and for there to be CAFFINATED coffee! All in all we would probably stay here again, but improvements would be great for this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kathryn C
Good Morning and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I apologize for those inconveniences during your stay with us. I have already discussed these issues with our team to ensure that we correct them in the future. I am glad that you and your kids enjoyed our property and our views. If you have any further concerns please contact us at anytime. We always appreciate our guest feedback.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Interior is beginning to look dated, needs some updating badly. Nothing cozy about it. Went to the Maria Benitez theater, OMG, they call it cabaret seating. Needs to be called "bleacher seating" because that is more of what it feels like. No ambience, just some cheap chairs thrown around with some little tables, very cramped. The waiter said with pride that our sangria "is made immediately when I ordered". I ordered it anyways. I was a bit suspicious, and my suspicions were accurate. It tasted like straight up wine mixed with oranges. They should just say that they mix their wine with oranges. If you want a good sangria, go to the Plaza Cafe. Their sangria tastes like it's been sitting for a while so the flavors meld. This place is full of pride but nothing to be proud of. Needs so much work on the interior, the little theater could be wonderful if the seating was updated. It is stuffy and uninviting and UGLY.

Room Tip: skip it and head to the El Rey Inn. Worth every buck over this place. El Rey is right for the price...
7 Thank Severine S
HHandR, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns about your experience. I want to personally apologize for not meeting your expectations and any other issues you had during your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that our guests feel comfortable and take with them a positive experience. I will work with our team to correct these issues and I hope we will get a second chance to impress you. If you have any concerns please feel to contact us at anytime.

Adrian J. Velarde
Front Desk Manager
avelarde@hhandr.com

Travellers are raving about these Santa Fe hotels

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 4 July 2013

This could be a nice hotel but it needs a lot of work. It is old and worn out. Rooms are dingy, hallways dirty, the pool was missing dozens of tiles and the lounge chairs were torn and ripped. There were holes in the blinds in the room and they were so old they would not go up all the way. The sheets didn't fit the bed properly and would not stay on the bed. There were disgusting yellow stains on the towels! The room that the comedy show was held in smelled like a dingy old bar. I will not be returning.

8 Thank lizzanna62
Max M, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, 6 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feed back. I would like to sincerely apologize to you for the experience you had at our hotel. We take great pride in our property and the services we provide and clearly we have failed to do this during your stay.

I will personally look into these issues that you have brought to my attention. If you have any further concerns please feel free to contact me at any time time. Thank you again for the feed back it is greatly appreciated.
Los Angeles
Reviewed 2 July 2013

The hotel is a solid 3 star establishment with friendly staff and clean rooms with appropriate amenities. No fault of hotel, but it is really not feasible to walk the long distance to/from the Plaza. If there were a better courtesy shuttle schedule, it might not be necessary to rent a car as I had to do. The first shuttle does not leave until about 9:30AM, the last return shuttle at 9PM. On Saturday night while I was there, it was almost impossible to find a parking space due to all of the "events" taking place at the hotel. I was fortunately aware of the correct GPS address of the hotel and believe that the hotel should update their web site to only indicate the GPS address on Calle Mejia (even TripAdvisor has the incorrect physical address of the hotel). One big plus is the hotel's free walking tour of the Plaza area on Saturday mornings - an excellent benefit of staying there. If the hotel were within walking distance of the Plaza, I would stay there again since I would not need to rent a car. If you plan to have a car anyway, the hotel is a good choice.