I wasn't sure what to expect from this hotel. I usually stay on the plaza, but frankly fed up with the tiny rooms and exorbitant prices. I decided on this hotel because I liked the price and it had a pool. What a nice surprise. I disagree with others on this list--our rooms (2) were beautifully appointed, roomy, with windows that opened onto aspen trees and bird song. tasteful Southwestern rugs and furniture. Lovely historical photographs. Granite double sinks. Southwestern ladder style towel racks. iron and board. In-room starbucks. good air conditioning. The landscaped gardens are beautiful. The pool area is large and we (3 50-something ladies having a reunion) had a terrific time swimming and enjoying cocktails served poolside. At nights we soaked in the tiled outdoor hot tub under the stars. The hotel staff couldnt be friendlier or more helpful. The shuttle goes every hour to the plaza downtown. There is a less-than-exciting but certainly satisfactory restaurant in the hotel. There is a fabulous flamenco show nightly in the hotel theater. If you are in decent shape you can walk to the Plaza following Guadalupe street. This hotel offers a a view from a lovely sandstone balcony outside the restaurant and bar. Sit and enjoy a rare view OVER Santa Fe, one you never get from the Plaza.
Pluses overcome minuses at this hotel, but the minuses are: some of us had difficulty getting wifi in our rooms; the hotel needs to invest in new poolside umbrellas; a good cleaning of the carpet on the stairways in the reception area would not be amiss; the shower spray could use a bit of work.
Great value for the money!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge at Santa Fe is fully decorated to celebrate the wonder and awe of the Southwest’s most notable city. Located just five minutes to the Santa Fe plaza and historic attractions, the Lodge at Santa Fe is a unique hotel with cultural style. Gardunos restaurant onsite serves fresh 'New Mexican' cuisine, and our guests enjoy hand crafted furniture and breathtaking architecture. Beautiful stone flooring, Native American weavings patterns and weavings, and spacious suites with Kiva fireplaces are all part of the experience. The Lodge at Santa Fe has a complimentary shuttle to the historic Santa Fe plaza, plus free WiFi and parking. Experience the magic of Santa Fe when you book your visit at The Lodge at Santa Fe. "Hotels supporting cultural causes." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Lodge at Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Santa Fe Hotel Santa Fe
- Hotel Santa Fe
- Lodge Santa Fe
- The Lodge At Santa Fe New Mexico