“high expectations”

The Lodge at Santa Fe
Ranked #35 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
“high expectations”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Considering the rate we paid, I had really high expectations of this place. We chose it because it was within walking distance of the Railyard, where we were going to see a band. We were going to share our room with another couple so got the jr suite with a king bed and pullout sofa. I know everything in Santa Fe is small, but this room was so small--and the furniture was too big! Our friends ended up staying at another hotel. I highly doubt the sofa could extend with the furniture that was in the room at the time. The best part of our stay: The waiter from Amaya who served us poolside provided perhaps the best service of anyone I've ever seen in the industry.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Casirola

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I think that pretty much sums it up.
If you need to connect to the Internet, good luck! My call to the front desk resulted in the assurance that the router would be rebooted. My next call to the front desk let me know that an E-MAIL had been sent asking "corporate" to reboot the router. I requested that they actually call "corporate" with this request and let me know. Naturally, it's an hour and a half later and they haven't called back and the wi-fi isn't working. Another call was equally effective.
I then called Hotwire to ask them to call with a request that something be done, and they said they don't guarantee "seasonal" availability of amenities. ...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
10 Thank poetwrangler

Travellers are raving about these Santa Fe hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Stay away. The maid took something from the room and the manager did nothing. Coffee maker, internet service, and TV remote were all problems. Restaurant was fair compared to other Sante Fe restaurants of same price, and did not honor coupons. You get what you pay for.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
11 Thank Dina K
Adrian V, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
Good Morning and thank you for informing me of the situation. I wish I was informed of the situation so that we could have located your lost items. Even though you have checked out I would like to talk with you so that we can discuss the details of incident and resolve this issue. You can contact me at 505-992-5800. If I am unavailable please leave a message and I will contact you as soon as possible.

Adrian Velarde
Front Desk Manager
Dover, Delaware, United States
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We had great views of city and mountains, but this is not a special hotel. Read on. Carpets need cleaning. Towels are worn, gray, yellow, though clean. Sheets are clean yet gray. Room chair is Southwest design, but too uncomfortable to sit in. No pen or pad in desk. Housekeeping provided extra towels on request and cleaned the scorched iron; used gmugs and glasses left in room; coffee mugs and supplies inconsistent. Pool water was TOO cold even on hottest days, pool bathrooms filthy. Too few ice machines. And, no mini-frig room.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
8 Thank Susan M
Good Morning and thank you for taking the time to sharing your feedback. Our goal is to help guests create positive memories and I want to formally apologize if that was not your experience. I will work with our team to correct these issues so that we can provide a more consistent and high level of service.

If you have any further comments or concerns please feel free to contact us at anytime.

Respectfully,
Cary, NC
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I recently stayed in the Lodge at Santa Fe for a week. The first part of the week was work related and then I took several extra days to explore the area. This is an older property but I found it very clean, with comfortable beds and nice amenities. The staff were great, especially the shuttle drivers who make a run to downtown Santa Fe on the hour. Nice outdoor pool. They may be phasing out some older towels but that is honestly the only negative thing I could say about this place. Would recommend for anyone. P.S. If you take a left out of the hotel there are a bunch of praire dogs near the stop sign at the highway. Tried to get a photo but they were too quick for me.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor and overlooked the pool and Downtown Santa Fe.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I recently held a four day meeting at The Lodge and could not ask for better service. I started planning the meeting more than a year before hand and had great communication from the sales staff. When there was a glitch in one of the dinners I was going to have at The Lodge's sister hotel The St. Francis, their banquet manager went out of her way to help me make alternate arrangements that were very successful.
I can't say enough about the staff. They were always accommodating and amazingly friendly.
Since my meeting had over 100 attendees and a pretty tight meeting schedule, it was really important to me to have a staff that would be there when I needed them. They came through in every way.
Now, if you're looking for modern, polished and fancy rooms, this probably isn't the space for you. But if you want excellent and accommodating service, please do yourself a favor and work with this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AustinRuth
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Somewhat dated. Staff was friendly. Housekeeping was inconsistent ... forgot to leave coffee cups yet replenished coffee, forgot to leave towels. No exhaust fan in bathroom and tub caulk was moldy. Shuttle service was confusing and inconsistent. Reasonable price. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed August 2013