“Amazing customer service”

Ranked #36 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
McHenry, Illinois
“Amazing customer service”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Clean room, rustic feel and charm. Beautiful overlook off balcony.
Joesph, the resturaunts owner, was so welcoming, funny, and overall made our experience worthwhile. Great food, drinks, and staff to provide a memorable trip!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear emily z,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at The Lodge at Santa Fe. I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed our facility and staff. We pride ourselves on outstanding customer service so it makes us very happy to hear we are doing so well. I hope we have the pleasure of serving you on your next trip to Santa Fe!

Tom A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Roswell, New Mexico, USA
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have stayed several times at this hotel. I always find the staff friendly and the rooms very comfortable. I have had a few company meetings here as well. The event rooms, food, and staff are all wonderful. Don't overlook this establishment ... not only for lodging, but also for your next event. The Lodge at Santa Fe has become my "GO TO PLACE" for lodging and business meetings!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear dominosd,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our property and staff! I am so glad you are able to enjoy our property in so many ways. We are proud of our unique Santa Fe property. We have the quality luxury rooms you would expect from a downtown property as well as the professional meeting space to fit a wide variety of needs. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Santa Fe be it for business or pleasure!

Front Office Manager
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The Lodge of Santa Fe was there for me when I needed it, twice in same month(!), including the use of their business facilities (thanks Jesse, Kristin, and Jordan), not to mention their clean, comfortable rooms with southwest motif. I was grateful for the generosity of everyone there. They have a great neighborhood location up on a hill overlooking the serene beauty of the national memorial cemetary and the town of Santa Fe backdropped by the snowcapped mountain range. Very pretty!
Gardunos upstairs and their staff treated me well, also, even though I may have been a creative challenge for the chef. Still, I liked the oatmeal! Thank you everyone for taking care of me. It did not go unnoticed - just unaccustomed.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Tom A, Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear ctefan,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Lodge at Santa Fe. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us. We are very proud of our excellent staff and lucky to have a world-class restaurant such as Garduno's here on property. You are right about the beautiful views! We just love our location at the top of the hill! I am so glad you were able to enjoy the property as much as we do. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Santa Fe!

Front Office Manager
Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The Lodge at Santa Fe was the destination location for our Valentine's Day weekend wedding for our guests and wedding reception. The rooms and our suite were great. The events staff did an awesome job for our wedding reception in decorations for the reception room and the buffet style dinner. Staff were amazing. The staff of The Lodge at Santa Fe helped make this a very special weekend not only for us but our family and friends who came for the wedding.

Room Tip: We had the suite on the south side which was great for friends and family as a gathering place.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear, Jim D.

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Lodge at Santa Fe. I am glad to hear how much you enjoyed your wedding weekend with us. We are lucky to have such a wonderful staff here. I hope we have the pleasure of hosting you again in the near future.

Kind regards,
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 January 2014

My husband and I and another couple spent one night here and were very pleased. The rooms were affordable (Groupon deal which included a free bottle of wine for each room), spacious and quiet. Had a Mexican dinner in the restaurant and it was the best food I ate all week on our drive to Tucson! Cheese enchiladas, beans and rice. My husband had tacos. Really good. Even their hamburger was good! The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because we could NOT get any hot water. Bummer.

Room Tip: Make sure you get HOT water available. Our waiter in the restaurant was wonderful to us. Excellent s...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Susan C, Interactive Marketing Coordinator at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear wbeaton,

Thanks for taking the time to review your experience at The Lodge at Santa Fe. We appreciate hearing what we're doing right to make you feel at home and where we can improve. I'm glad to know that you enjoyed dinner at Garduño's. We are lucky to have such a great restaurant here!

I hope you had a great time in Santa Fe and come stay with us again when you return!

Yours,
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

I got a room for two nights here on a discount site and after I booked it I looked at the reviews and was really nervous about staying here. Although they did allow dogs so I was pleased with that initially. We drive up the resort and the check in was a breeze and the guy was very informative about everything going on in the area. We go to our room and when we walked in we were very pleasantly pleased. We had a room with a balcony and it was large. It was very well kept and smelled great. Not sure if other animals have stayed in there because we couldn't smell anything and my friend has the worlds strongest nose. The bathroom was very clean and didn't have any mildew. The coffee they have was seattles best, a Starbucks brand. They had a free shuttle service to downtown Santa Fe which was so convenient during the Christmas season. The on site restaurant was delicious as we ate 5 meals there in 2 days. They were a little slow but it was Christmas Eve and day and I get being short staffed a little. Although they had the biggest smiles on their face. I would stay here again without a hesitation. Oh and the beds were very comfortable.

Stayed January 2014
3 Thank brandyrodriguez5
Susan C, Interactive Marketing Coordinator at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear brandyrodriguez5,

Thank you for your 5-star review of The Lodge at Santa Fe. We try to make everyone - furry friends with keen noses included - feel comfortable and at home. Thank you for letting us know that we hit the mark for you. Santa Fe is a wonderful place, especially at Christmas, and I'm glad you found our free shuttle convenient.

I hope you will stay with us again the next time you visit Santa Fe.

Very truly yours,
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This hotel seems like an outdated old-time resort. The rooms and bathrooms need updating. Our room was comfortable enough, but it seemed a bit grimy. The carpet was stained, there were crumbs on it and he ancient tv did not work. We reported it each day during our stay, but nothing was done. Glasses that were left in the corridor on some steps leading to the reception area were there for three days, as well as some dirt gobs on the carpet. The pool was under repair. The staff were trying to be helpful and friendly. This hotel needs better management.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank uncoco
Susan C, Interactive Marketing Coordinator at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear uncoco,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear of the issues you encountered, but I appreciate knowing where we can improve.

Our management is aware of your concerns, and we are working to ensure that every guest enjoys the most comfortable stay as possible.

I hope you enjoyed seeing Santa Fe, and that you will return. When you do, please give us another chance.

Yours,