“Continued Excellent Hospitality”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Continued Excellent Hospitality”
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I continue to receive excellent service at the Inn and Spa at Loretto. This hotel is more like a home to me. I have been staying at this hotel for at least the last seven years on my monthly business visits to Santa Fe. I even stay at the Inn and Spa at Loretto on personal trips to Santa Fe. The staff at the hotel are truly wonderful, friendly, and very helpful and willing to please at all levels - the front desk, the valet service, the restaurant, etc. The rooms are always clean and fresh. The location is also a plus -- just a few mintes from the plaza and museums. This past weekend I left my extra pair of contact lenses at the hotel and didn't realize this until I was going through security at the Albuquerque Airport. It took only one call and Clint answered my call, went to the room where I stayed, and he called me back that they had found my lenses which they are sending to me. This is just one example of their overall excellent service. The least part of my stay is that I have to leave the Inn and Spa at Loretto.

Room Tip: All rooms at this hotel are great.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Art501

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
Meridian, Idaho
Reviewed 30 May 2011

My husband and I stayed here for our 3rd anniversary. Valet parking and check-in were a breeze but when we got to our room we realized that we had booked a traditional (double beds) room. We called the front desk explained our mistake, our hopes for a special weekend and crossed our fingers. Since it was a holiday weekend we weren't holding out much hope but amazingly we were able to change to a deluxe king room.

The room was lovely and the shared patio was perfect for enjoying some wine together before dinner.

The only complaint I have is that the pillows were feather and rather flat and the bed had two distinct body divits (for lack of a better description). We did not complain at the time but probably should have as we were quite stiff after the third night.

4 Thank jeannema
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 16 May 2011

This was my husband's and my second stay at Inn at Loretto. Lovely hotel, wonderful Santa Fe atmosphere and everyone, I mean everyone we came into contact at the hotel was friendly, professional and did their job well. None of this "robot" type training where they all say the same thing like they were programmed in the morning. These employees were genuine and real people who were concerned that you had a wonderful stay at their hotel. We love the lounge and bar area and the idea that we can walk everywhere and not have to take the car out if we don't want to. Would definately stay here again. Try it . . . you'll love it!

5 Thank PLW43
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 15 May 2011

I stayed with my partner the first week of march for two nights during the weekend. The things I like was the music in the lobby and the bar and the location. What make the experience not worthy was:

1. The room was ugly and the sheets had a hole. Very dark with dark colors and a disturbing desing in the walls.

2. We asked for a room with 1 king bed and they give us a room with two queens beds in front of the public badthrooms. When we went to the front desk they just said "sorry theres nothing we can do".

3. We moved from Puerto Rico to Santa Fe. We drove from texas to Santa Fe because we had our dog. The first night we arrived and the Valet parking let us park ourselves because we are switching cars etc.On the second night we arrived at the hotel and we wait for 5 minutes for the Vallet Parking guy and he didn't show, so we park the car ourselves. The next morning we receive a speech from the Valet parking guy telling us we CANNOT park the car ourselves. We explain he that we waited 5 minutes and he keept saying the same thing over and over. When finally he brought the car the MANAGER came and knock our window very hard and gave us another speech. He just ruins our morning and experience in the hotel.

4. We ate the second night at Luminarias (Hotel Restaurant) It was restaurant week so we choose the 3 course menu for around $40-50 each. The first was a wonderfull and delicious Blue Corn Soup and complimentary Gazpacho. The Main curse was the really problem I ordered the Rissotto and my partner the paella... what and awfull main curse. The Rissotto look like a salad. It had more vegetables than rice with no flavor at all and the Paella was salty and looks like a soup. We leave without the third course (dessert).

We had to stay in a hotel for 1 month until our new house was ready, all i can say is for the third night we choose another hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank xkydox
InnandSpaatLoretto, Manager at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this review, 20 May 2011
My sincere apologies for your less than exceptional stay. Please know that we pride ourselves on having very high guest satisfaction scores. I am disappointed you did not receive this level of service. I would like to speak with you directly to remedy the situation. Please email me at dortega@destinationhotels.com or call me at 505-984-7962.

Dana Ortega
Long Beach, CA
Reviewed 14 May 2011

Everyone we met in Santa Fe told us this was one of the best hotels. It was nice, but not great. Our room had no view, but I'm not sure any of the rooms did. One big plus was that the bed was very soft and comfortable.

4 Thank KWhis
Dallas
Reviewed 14 May 2011

My wife and I celebrated out 10th anniversary here and glad we picked this spot. You can't beat the location as it is within walking distance to shopping, historic sites, O'Keefe museum, and much more. The service is outstanding from the valet parkers to the spa staff. The menu was amazing in their restaurant and I would recommend the pecan waffles with pumpkin butter-it was Thanksgiving all over again.

4 Thank banderson67
InnandSpaatLoretto, Manager at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this review, 18 May 2011
Dear banderson67,
We can't you enough for your review! Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary. We certainly hope you'll be back for your 11th!

Dana
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 12 May 2011

We spent a long weekend in Santa Fe at the Inn and Spa at Loretto. The staff was very nice, helpful and accommodating. The rooms are very clean, nicely decorated and comfortable. We enjoyed listening to live music in the evening and enjoyed a drink by the fireplace - great atmosphere. We loved sitting out on the balcony taking in the beautiful views of Santa Fe. We had a great experience at this hotel and would highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank ksessions
InnandSpaatLoretto, Manager at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this review, 16 May 2011
Thank you so much for your response. The Living Room is such a great place to relax, have a cocktail, listen to music and people watch. We're so glad you enjoyed it. The views from the balconies are just breathtaking. We hope to see you again soon!

Dana Ortega