Inn and Spa at Loretto
Inn of the Governors(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$162
Inn on the Alameda(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$210
Hotel St. Francis(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$140
  • Restaurant
Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$160
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$258
US$215
US$261
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$181
  • Pool
Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$183
La Fonda on the Plaza(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
US$253
US$237
US$195
Travelocity
1,883 results
All reviewsluminaria restaurantvalet stafflobby barliving roomresort feeperfect locationparking feehotel restaurantart galleriestrip to santa fenew mexicocanyon roadsitting areabalconyplazachapelfireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I was a walk-in recently at the Inn - unexpected arrival during the Christmas holidays. They had a room, and the guy at the front desk was very friendly and sweet. The room was pricey, and the cold draft coming in under the door to the patio required a couple of pillows to block it, but all in all, I was OK with it. Nice bar in the lobby ( bartender who really didn't seem to be checked in ) and the duck ravioli that I ordered for room service later didn't really taste like duck - that being said : good location, clean, mostly nice employees, and only mildly over-priced.

Room Tip: Ask for something without a draft, if it's in the winter.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank UtilaLinda
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My second time at Loretto. My room was spacious with a kiva fireplace and two overstuffed chairs by it, french doors to a lovely patio area, a bed that I didn't want to get out of, comfortable bath with dual vanities and all the amenities The lounge area is a great place to relax with a big fireplace to warm by in the winter. Decided to try their restaurant Luminaria and was pleasantly surprised. I didn't want a big meal so I ordered two appetizers, the tomato bisque soup and butternut squash ravioli. Wonderful!!

5  Thank Ceil47
shuber, General Manager at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review the Inn and Spa at Loretto. We love hearing from our guests and what they enjoyed during their stay at the Inn. Also, thank you for highlighting our rooms, the Living Room, and Luminaria. We hope you choose to stay with us next time you travel to Santa Fe.

Stefan Huber
General Manger

Reviewed 29 January 2012

We spent two nights in late January 2012. One evening we ate at the hotel restaurant (Luminaria) and were very pleased with our meal. I had duck breast, my wife had beef tenderloin. Usually I lower my expectations for hotel restaurants but the food at Luminaria was every bit as good as any high-end restaurant. Nice ambiance and good service also.

Our hotel room was spacious and decorated in a fairly typical Santa Fe style. There was a massive balcony also, can't imagine a balcony that big is standard on every room. We didn't pay extra, I think we just got lucky. This an older hotel however...there was a large gap in the door leading to the balcony that let in a strong draft. The forced air heater used to heat our room was extremely noisy...to the point we could barely hear the TV.

This hotel is mandatory valet parking and they charge $18/day to park your car. I think forcing that expense on guests paying $300/night for a room is pretty chintzy.

You should skip the spa. My 50 minute deep tissue massage was a staggering $185 including tip. The spa presumptively adds a 20% gratuity onto your service, then they ask you after the fact if you want to do a different amount. That's frustrating. The masseuse I got was pleasant and professional, but as compared to other massages I've had it was average (but it was by far the most expensive). My wife had a massage also and feels the same way...skip it, not worth the expense.

The location of course is very good...right next to the Loretto Chapel and a minute's walk from the square.

I would give this hotel 3.5 out of 5 stars but that's not an option so I gave it 4.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank HoustonAttorney
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Have stayed at "THE INN" at least six times, and are always excited to return. The Luminaria restaurant is wonderful, one would not ever have to leave the Inn if you chose not to.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are a little larger and sunny.
3  Thank John F
Reviewed 26 January 2012

The public areas of this hotel are very nice; relaxing lounge area with comfortable seats, interesting photos on wall etc. The pool and spa look great, but unfortunately I didn't get to try them. There is a medium sized fitness room rather oddly placed in the middle of some shops. The guest room was large with a faux chimney with candles and nice armchairs. There was also a good sized desk, the WiFi was great, and I had a very nice balcony. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept in for a long time; maybe too many pillows and cushions, but they were removed in an evening turn- down service. The bottle of water provided at night was a nice touch, as was the tea/coffee maker. Some liquid creamer would help. Good mini bar, though a bit pricy. On the down side, the room heater was very noisy, as noted by another reviewer. I found it was a choice between being warm and woken up each time it turned on, or adding a blanket and turning it off. In fact the room was plenty warm at night without the blower. The wardrobe was in the bathroom which I thought was odd, and the bathroom had no fan. Several of the lights in my room had dodgy switches - I left one on because I couldn't get it to go off. The TV remote would not turn the power on/off, so no watching from bed. Overall however a comfortable stay.

7  Thank TripAway7