“Relaxing and very accommodating get away”

Inn and Spa at Loretto
Ranked #23 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Relaxing and very accommodating get away”
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

The Inn and spa at Lorreto. Hosted my wedding reception. The staff was the most accommodating staff I have ever worked with. From the valet service to the people at the front desk and even the people that work in the restaurants were all so kind and courteous I had no worries during my stay. The good is great. The rooms are clean. The location is such a great place in Santa Fe. I will return here time and time again.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Clairet1352
Sheri D, General Manager at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Inn and Spa at Loretto and congratulations on your recent nuptials! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and honored to have shared such a special occasion with you. We hope to share many more memories with you in the future. Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness! Warm Regards, Sheri Decker, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
Culver City
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Santa Fe is magical so I was very careful about picking the right hotel for my budget. Being as it was off season, I was able to find some normally priced at $225 for about $100 on one of the discount hotel sites which i considered a coup. The Inn was very Southwest style on the outside and from the photos and reviews, it looked clean and exactly what the dr. ordered. This review may be a little tainted because I arrived in a snow storm, but when we arrived I was pleased except to learn the parking would cost $19 a day. I missed this in the reviews....for 3 days that's an extra $57 tacked on to the hotel. I found a cheaper place to park for $8 a day next door at the Desert Inn parking lot but when I told the front desk, they gave me free parking. Okay! Neither parking lot was covered parking and given i hadn't driven in snow for 30 years, I was not too pleased about this. The lobby of the hotel was inviting with apples for the taking, and a slew of stores for shopping attached. They had a big 'living room' where people sat and drank but I just wanted to rest. When I first saw the room, it was dark and dreary. There was a balcony but it was somewhat hidden near the mock fireplace so the room was very dark. I was so tired the first night I slept though I noticed that the heating system was very loud. The second night, the sound was so great it felt like a locomotive was travelling in my head. So for the third night, I called the front desk and said I needed a different room or my money back without penalty because of the heating system. They moved us to a different room, that was brighter and the heating system was not that noisy. Did I mention I had altitude sickness for the second two days? so my trip to Santa Fe was not as great as it could've been but nonetheless, once I got the kinks out of the hotel, it was fine. I will say the staff were very nice, and knowing I was ill, kept offering to send me up some juice. The woman in Luminaria (the attached restaurant) also sent me up some free toast, so that felt good. Alas, though, when I returned my rental car, there was a gash in the bumper. i can't blame the valets at the hotel because I don't know for sure, and it could have been the ice but now the deal I got on the rental is going to cost me and my insurance company big bucks. So much for saving money on this trip. I think I'd find a different hotel to stay in my next trip but if you can get a good deal, this hotel is in walking distance to the plaza as well as a nice walk to Canyon Rd.

Room Tip: Ask for a bright room with a view!!
Green Features: This hotel is environmentally friendly, and they do allow dogs!
United States
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Despite its wonderful location we were disappointed when we had to walk outside to get to our room. Upon entering we noticed the color of the carpet was black and the interior design wasn't to our liking and we had a regular fireplace and not what we expected. We ordered adjoining rooms which they didn't fulfill that evening since there was some water damage from the snow. We immediately went to the front desk to check out and didnt stay. This hotel has gotten rave reviews and I don't know why. Check out la Fonda down the street and the pricing is much better and the interior design is very nice and clean!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Korinne L
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I travel to Santa Fe every fall. We typically rent a house but opted to stay at a hotel this year. The Inn and Spa at Loretto was an excellent choice. The staff was attentive and very responsive. The bed was extremely comfortable. We had some loud neighbors on our floor (a wedding party). The front desk handled the issue promptly and offered to move us to a quieter area. We accepted and loved our second room even more.

We loved being near to everything on the square. We were also pleased with the short walk to the galleries on Canyon.

Luminaria is an excellent restaurant. We had dinner there twice and breakfast once. We have eaten lunch there on a previous trip. Everything we have had there has been wonderful.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Susan P
Sheri D, General Manager at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review of the Inn and Spa at Loretto. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, as well as your experience in Luminaria Restaurant. The compliments you gave our staff as very appreciated and truly validate the team's efforts. We hope to have the opportunity to have you as our guests again soon! Warm Regards, Sheri Decker, General Manager
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Great location for a stay in Santa Fe as the Inn is a short walk to the Plaza, historic churches and great restaurants. I arrived tired and hungry on a very cool evening; after an easy process of checking in, dropping my bags off in my room I headed down to the lounge, The Living Room. Perfect atmosphere for a cool early evening: fireplace, leather chairs, delicious Tortilla Soup (topped off with a margarita, of course). The next morning I headed to the spa for the Elemental Massage given by Maria, hands down the best massage I have experienced! (How cool to have an elevator designated just to the spa from each floor!) Wonderful delicious meal at the Luminaria Restaurant...don't miss! Very nice shops in the main corridor on the way to Luminaria...beautiful clothing; I enjoyed all the warm southwest colors and appreciated the nice quality offered.

Room Tip: The junior suites are roomy; great if you plan to stay for several days; southwest side offers wonde...
Green Features: The hotel is in tune with the environment - donation of soaps to the use of local organic foods. Kudos to their management for taking the extra effort!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank C B
Thank you for taking the time to review the Inn and Spa at Loretto. We are so delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, and are especially pleased to hear that your massage was the "best you have experienced." Your compliments to our staff are so gratifying and truly validate the team's efforts. Thank you again. We look forward to the opportunity to have you as our guest again soon! Warm Regards, Sheri Decker, General Manager
Littleton, CO
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This is a very nice facility in a great location, but the service is not up to the standard we expected. We were able to check in early, which was nice. The trouble started when we left for a couple of hours and returned. Both of our card keys would not work on our room door. We went down to the front desk to get them fixed and had to wait in line for 15 minutes behind three other couples waiting to check in. They had ONE desk clerk working at 5 pm on a Friday afternoon. The concierge desk was unstaffed most of our stay and we had a couple of waits for the valet parking service to deliver our car. When we asked the desk clerk if they had help, she replied with a curt "No" and an apology. The AC unit in our room kept cutting off and on and was noisy. We finally just shut it off and opened the balcony door. We will be looking for other accommodations on our next trip to Santa Fe.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed here for our anniversary in November and it was absolutely beautiful! The hotel is located in an excellent location and just a short walk from the plaza, museums, dining, and shopping. The Loretto Chapel is located right next door to the hotel and is an absolute must-see for anyone visiting Santa Fe. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast at the Luminaria Restaurant and excellent cocktails and live entertainment at the hotel bar. Though the walls were a bit thin, the rooms were nice, clean, well-lit, and very spacious compared to other hotels we have stayed at. There is a $14/day resort fee as well as a $19/day valet fee. The staff was very friendly, professional, and knowledgable. We very much enjoyed our stay at the Inn and Spa at Loretto and would definitely stay here again!

8 Thank Daniel O