“All the charm of Santa Fe”

Inn and Spa at Loretto
Ranked #19 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Luminaria restaurant is wonderful. Nice updated look, delicious food and cocktails. The patio is best in all of Santa Fe.

We stayed in a deluxe one bedroom suite which the website says has been "newly remodeled" but the bathroom and especially the kitchenette seemed very dated. Bed was super comfy with a nice view out the doors to the balcony.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thomas M, General Manager at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear TravelinSouthernLady-

Thank you for taking the time to review the Inn and Spa at Loretto. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and so pleased you think we have the best patio in Santa Fe! I also appreciate your compliments of our food, cocktails and beds. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!
Warn Regards,

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Overall, the experience was great. Gorgeous room and sitting area. Comfortable bed. Excellent location.

When I went to use the bath, I noticed that there was hair in the tub. I called and they sent housekeeping. I didn't stand there and watch her, but checked a little while later. All she had done was move it around. When I talked to the main housekeeper she asked me what my problem was, since the housekeeper said I was in the room at the time. My problem is that she didn't clean it.

Again, overall the room was great - but I am now more cautious about checking for cleanliness.

Room Tip: I think that any room at this facility will be beautiful.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank radiopat
Thomas M, General Manager at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear radiopat,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Inn and Spa at Loretto. I'm delighted to hear that your overall stay was great and honored by your compliments of our beds, location and common areas. That said I'm disappointed to learn that your experience with housekeeping did not meet your expectations. I have personally reviewed your feedback with our Director of Housekeeping and assure you this has been addressed. I greatly appreciate you brining this to our attention as it helps us improve our service and maintain the high level of quality we are known for.

Thank you again, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Inn on your next visit to Santa Fe.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

What a major disappointment this hotel was! We went for our 20th anniversary. We reserved a junior suite and stayed for four nights. Our "suite" was a dingy room right off the elevator. It had 2 chairs in front of the fireplace and a balcony. It had a table & 2 chairs on the balcony overlooking the roof of the hotel. You couldn't sit in the chair while someone was going out the door it was so tiny. I disliked it immediately & said we needed to ask for another room. My husband was too tired after driving for hours & didn't want to move. Our extra room bonus was a toilet that made an absolutely horrendous noise after it was flushed. It groaned and shuttered in the walls like the pipes were going to explode.

We paid $19.00 to park a night. Then there were valet tips to get & return your car. A hotel services fee of $14.00 a night. I guess that's for the "free" Wi-Fi. If you use the mini bar they charge you a gratuity on your bill on top of the rates they are gouging for in the bar itself. Fiji water placed on the dresser was $5.00 a bottle. They even had a canister of oxygen on the dresser that cost $10.00! It was for the air, you couldn't keep the canister! Drinks in the bar seem to average a minimum of $10.00. Don't expect any free munchies for that price either. Most of the staff looked the other way when they saw guests approaching. Having said that, one valet and the woman serving drinks in the bar were very nice, and went out of their way to be considerate and treat you like a guest.

My husband wrote the manager and told him about our experience. He said he would check out the room we stayed in to see about improvements. He said on our next trip we should contact him personally to make reservations. An offer we won't be following up on!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Diane J
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Very nice boutique type hotel. Great location downtown, connected to the Loretto Chapel. Walking distance to many attractions. The rooms are luxurious and quiet - I had no trouble sleeping at all. Highly recommend this property - it has many amenities too!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Laura-OCCS

Dear Laura-OCCS,

Thank you for your wonderful comments and recommendation. We are honored to have received a 5-star rating from you and thrilled to know that your experience was truly memorable. We hope to welcome you back to the Inn and Spa at Loretto on your next visit to Santa Fe!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was in Santa Fe for Spiritual Directors International conference, yet the WHOLE experience felt like a retreat & spa vacation.
Staying certainly provided the perfect home away from home
It was beyond our expectations & a truly wonderful stay
The staff are amongst the friendliest I ever met anywhere.
Uniquely them and made me feel that New Mexicans are the nicest people in the whole USA!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank AquaYoga
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I love this place. Each year they make me feel welcome and at home. It embodies the spirit of Santa Fe itself. Artistic with a casual elegance-personalized service and staff that are happy to find a way to make each day memorable.

• Stayed: June 2014
Thomas M, General Manager at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you Heyoka98! We are honored to be your hotel of choice in Santa Fe. Your continued patronage and satisfaction is the best compliment we could receive. Thank you again. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Inn and Spa at Loretto on your next visit to Santa Fe.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Probably one of the best Inns or hotels that I have ever stayed in. The people (all staff) were very friendly and helpful and the beds were absolutely the best. The restaurant was excellent and the Lounge was very comfortable and friendly.

Room Tip: I would request help from the front desk people.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Jwmetcalf,

Your review of the Inn and Spa at Loretto is so appreciated. To say we are one of the best Inn's you have ever stayed at is such a huge compliment! We take great pride in connecting with our guests and creating last memories, so it's truly validating to receive your praise. Thank you again, we hope to welcome you back soon!