I should have known from the disdainful tone in in the "Oh... You booked this through a third party..." That things were not going to be as wonderful as expected. The room was modest, with a view of the air conditioner on the adjacent building's rooftop. The floor we were placed on was the floor reserved for families with small screaming children.
Our first night we decided to go down to the lounge to get some appetizers and a drink. Although the food was fantastic (as reviewers have rightly stated), the service was deplorable. Our waiter was accosted by two other patrons looking for change from their bills, while taking our order (which he got wrong). In addition, he stared at my Mother's chest, and when she by reflex put her hand to her chest he said, "Don't worry, I'm not looking at your boobs".
Please be aware of the $21 a day parking fee and the $15 services charge that do not appear on the fees presented on the "third party" website.
Finally, they were incapable on ensuring that there was coffee in supply in the lounge each morning as promised. How hard is it to put a few pots of coffee and cream out?
This hotel does not deliver to the high standards that it's price tag infers. I expect better, more courteous service when I travel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exquisite Santa Fe, New Mexico hotel reflecting the culture and sophistication of its historic setting, the Inn and Spa at Loretto features 136 guestrooms, a full-service spa, casual fine dining, art galleries and a tranquil garden. The Inn is ideally located in the heart of Santa Fe, near the Palace of the Governors and just one block from historic Santa Fe Plaza's galleries, museums, restaurants and boutiques. Effortlessly blending old-world charm with world-class splendor, this Santa Fe luxury hotel is one of the state's most photographed buildings. Built at the end of the historic Old Santa Fe Trail high in the spectacular Sangre de Cristo Mountains, the Inn and Spa at Loretto is an architectural recreation of the Taos Pueblo, a national historic landmark. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Inn and Spa at Loretto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn And Spa At Loretto Hotel Santa Fe
- Hotel At Loretto
- At Loretto Hotel
- Inn At Loretto
- Inn And Spa At Loretto Santa Fe, New Mexico